Did you Use to Run a Ranger SxS?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at SxS. I'm very familiar with Rangers. A number of friends have those. Have you had a Ranger in the past and replaced it with another brand? How do you like your SxS compared to the Ranger? I'm really interested in the crew Defender and crew Viking. I figured if I buy a single cab, I'll wish in a few years I had the crew while taking the kids out.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many, many reports of Rangers busting A-Arms on the 19s when tracked up + belt issues on the 1000s with tracks. Can Am or Honda for me. Honda is bulletproof, but heat and cab aren't that awesome. Can Am has amazing cabs, good heat; but are made by Canadians...

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make sure on the Can Am's that you aren't sitting on the engine and you don't have to pull the seats to check the engine or service it.
Couple buddies said theirs were hot as you sat on the motor and had to pull the interior to do service work.
Other than that they were good machines.
We had a 12 Ranger 800 and no troubles but it was hot too as we sat on that engine. Polaris ended up moving the motor rearward to correct that problem in 13 or 14. Daughter has it now and they use the heck out of it.
We now have a General.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Honda Pioneer also requires seats pulled to service. Semi-hassle but tolerable.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone adds heater to Pioneer I have advise. Did it wrong the first time (followed DFKs bad instructions first).

- - - Updated - - -

Also - you should install esteering prior to heater. Ha ha.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't buy a SxS without power steering. You can steer with 1 finger and if you hit a rock with a tire the steering wheel won't go spinning around.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a Ranger with no issues, my but has trade of his for the canam, and is looking at getting another on for the lake. He prefers them, and has had many side bys

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mrs waunr must be driving down a rough road or you’ve already been drinking today ;:;rofl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74