River is open....Well sort of!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well can't say I've seen this before but the river south of Bismarck has broke open before it did in town. Must have happened during the night and it was definitely still locked up a little Hart at sundown but would guess she will be pretty much clear by the end of the weekend. Not that it really matters cuz right now she has the consistency of chocolate milk. Here's the skycam shots as of this morning.
Screenshot_20190330-095307.jpg

Below Mary collage

Screenshot_20190330-095219.jpg

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
All that water coming in from the heart river possibly?.....
That was what I was guessing or it could just be the ice in town is just a bit more secure. She's wide open at the interstate. Weird year so far and saw the quirky fact that McKenzie Slough is flowing backwards right now which I've never seen before. I'm assuming that either Apple Creek is just too high and is pushing back into it or maybe there's some crap stuck on the interstate but right now. the water is flowing in from the north from the Apple Creek Side and also coming in from the south from Long Lake Creek and getting stuck in the middle.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holding back water at Pierre because of the mess down south. They were only letting out 4k-5k from Oahe Dam as of yesterday. They are opening thing back up today to 19k and 22k by the end of the week. Garrison drops to 10k next week. Things will start settling down. Just need the water to clear up.

campchef

Honored Member
Lordy, Lordy.
If some of you guys don't get on the river soon, we'll be visiting you at the pen.
Oh that's right, cookies and pizza served to the "residents" daily. Might not be so bad after all.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would pile on, but there’s been too many times I’ve run across an old post of mine that has a megaboner spelling error

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Megaboner

- - - Updated - - -

Im dying

- - - Updated - - -

Lordy, Lordy.
If some of you guys don't get on the river soon, we'll be visiting you at the pen.
Oh that's right, cookies and pizza served to the "residents" daily. Might not be so bad after all.

Lighten up Francis

- - - Updated - - -

I would pile on, but there’s been too many times I’ve run across an old post of mine that has a megaboner spelling error

I wish I could find that pic of you with a pike where it looked like you had just a giant in the waistband boner. That was hilarious

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the desert ramp seem clear. There was a huge sandbar that formed on the ramp last fall
Not sure but there was a big eddy right to the N of the ramp going all the way back to the N end of what is left of the parking lot

3BF3FEEB-CE8B-4D46-A388-5D36F7BB1E8B.jpg

Last edited:

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that just from the high flows from last summer that ate the parking lot away?

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't driven in town much this week. Is the boat ramp under the interstate cleared off yet? Might have to give her a shot in the morning.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove by the ramp about 2pm. It was still iced in at that time.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Waiting ng for Nean Delson for the go ahead.

To be honest, I'd ask his brother Dean. Nean is as full of shit as Gene Tracy .

- - - Updated - - -

Any of you youngsters that haven't heard of Gene Tracy google him. He was popular in the hills when we were kids back the 8 track days.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
To be honest, I'd ask his brother Dean. Nean is as full of shit as Gene Tracy .

- - - Updated - - -

Any of you youngsters that haven't heard of Gene Tracy google him. He was popular in the hills when we were kids back the 8 track days.

Back in the hills smoken crawdads and listening to gene Tracy

https://youtu.be/XFK9TO1v8H0

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well she's open now it's just down to the ramp being clear. She looks really tempting this morning.

Screenshot_20190331-092419.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75