380 for CC

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Our favorite in the age of stupidity was to go out in the middle of the street and drop a big rock on .22 shells. Slug was always gone...there were usually 4-6 of us standing around in a circle just waiting for the bang.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
update - i have a friend who advised me to get away from the 380... he has 25 years experience as a loe in a major US city, and was also a contractor training allies in the sand box for 3 years after that... he told me a story about a guy who got shot in a drive by shooting that was almost normal after taking 5 shots in the chest from a 380... just cannot get the velocity and energy for reliable stopping power with that cartridge...

he was an old wheel gun guy like me that was forced to glock decades ago... after many years of depending on them, he is sold, and glocks are now about the only handguns he owns, and the only ones he and his family carries... it isn't as sexy as the ppk, but looks the same concealed i guess... ballistics > looks...

my girls and i are now carrying glock 43's and 48's with +p+ ammo...

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn’t like to get shot with a .22 much less a .380. That being said I consider 9mm as minimum medicine.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
.22 to the mid section will cause more internal damage then most other hand gun rounds they bounce around and cause all sorts of Carnage. I carry a pmr-30 most days it's lightweight holds 30 rnds of 22 mag can't go wrong

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kel-tek PMR 30 Loaded up with Hornady 45 gr FTX Critical Defense is down right nasty. On side note checked Midway USA for 9mm or shotgun #4 buck and no dice sold out.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normal after taking 5 shots to the chest? I doubt that.

when my buddy rolled up he was walking around and bleeding and cussing - he walked to an ambulance a couple minutes later... if he had a gun, he would not have been out of the fight... if i ever have to pull on someone it is because i am in fear of my life... i want to eliminate the threat as fast as possible which takes stopping power...

he also told me about 2 different guys that were shot by officers with 38's at close range that had bullets not penetrate the skull but follow it around and exit the skin in the rear of the head... shortly after that (90's i believe) the whole city mandated side arms with more stopping power... i've learned from him that considering ballistics and stopping power is just as important in self defense as it is in hunting... it made a lot of sense to me and i have made adjustments...

not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to help people with information they may not have known... as with any life critical activity you should do your own research...

good luck...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75