New Truck

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking at getting a new Ford and wondering what your guys thoughts were on dealerships? For the price Westlie motors has what I'm looking for and their prices seem to be as good as I've found anywhere. How are they to deal with? Any places that offer killer prices? Thanks in advance! It will be a 3.5L with 6.5ft box and the trailer mirrors fwiw.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Batman Slapping Robin 2 06042019094424.jpg

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had great luck dealing with marketplace ford in devils lake. Gave them the vin number of what i liked and they found one with more options and save me 3000 right off the bat. I also got more for my trade then westlies offered. Think i ended up saving 7000 overall. I have a 2017 f150 3.5l, 10 speed, and 6.5 box. Offroad with max tow. I love the way it pulls. Seen up to 23 on the hwy running bigger heavier tires.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
No trade straight purchase Luther in Fargo is hard to beat.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered a similar truck a couple weeks ago. I emailed 32 different dealerships and got the lowest quote. Eide ford (local dealer, the hell with bill barth) matched it and I dont have to drive anywhere to get it. Westlie would match as well but I would have had to go farther to get it.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Idaho, Utah and Minnesota dealers will deliver to your door

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My experience with Westlue was so bad that I went to Luther and got a great deal. They treated me awesome. Couldn’t have been happier. Pretty sad I had to drive from Minot to Fargo to spend my money to get treated decent. Nobody wanted to talk to me cuz I didn’t want what they had on the lot. Bismarck dealers were uninterested and westlie was simply horrible.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered a similar truck a couple weeks ago. I emailed 32 different dealerships and got the lowest quote. Eide ford (local dealer, the hell with bill barth) matched it and I dont have to drive anywhere to get it. Westlie would match as well but I would have had to go farther to get it.

This is how you do it. When you lay a pile of quotes on their desk it's tough for them to negotiate.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Idaho, Utah and Minnesota dealers will deliver to your door

Only a few will do it for free though, and their prices were the same. Lots of the rebates offered are regional. If you are a current GM owner you can get an additional 1k rebate.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing to keep in mind if you are ordering one is very few dealers will offer incentive protection. Most will order one but the incentives you get depends on those available at the time it's delivered.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
dealers wanting only to sell what’s in stock was my issue in 2014

will be again I’m sure

DUMB

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have bought my last 4 vehicles from Eidee. If what your looking for is in demand don't expect a good deal there. If you have time they do have good deals on occasion. I have had great experiences with their shop and warranty work even if it shouldn't have been covered. Joe Bachmier is good shit and a straight shooter.

I have a 14 with the 3.5 eco. Still love the truck! 84,000 miles. Keep going back and forth about getting a programmer.

Bought the wife a explorer sport with the 3.5 as well. Holy shit that thing has balls!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
City of Minot keeps preaching on the radio "to buy local". They are buying 5 new police cars at a dealer ship in Minnesota because their bid was 2.2% lower then they could find anywhere in ND. One alderman was quoted as saying "we need to save tax payer money some how" ;:;rofl My question is, why start now?

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We order all of our vehicles and trailers. We want them set up just the way we like them to be. That way down the road if it doesn't have something on it that you would like it is your own fault. Some accessories we want and some we don't.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snowman!!!! I will tell if you switch to the dark side - he will give you the lowest price and it will be worth the drive.

Motohunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only reason I bring up Westlie is because they have 2 trucks pretty much set up how I would order one. I'll go long distance if needed but it seems like the ND dealers are pretty competitive on price. Thanks again for all the input so far.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Imo it is worth the drive to apple valley ford south of Minneapolis... ordered a vehicle from them a couple years ago and it was significantly less than the same vehicle from westlies and my truck was 4k more expensive in 2010 when i got it from them, when i looked at a raptor they were 10k over book and said there was no way i could get one cheaper and apple valley was 3k under book... it's worth a $80 train ticket to Minneapolis

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69