Need a Bow restrung

Icumpd

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody in Minot work on Bows besides Scheels Archers Elite closed shop which is where I used to go. Just looking before the season kicks off again.

Opie11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think The Outfitters is selling bows, but not sure whether or not they are going to have a "mechanic".

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Darin told me he was still going to do service work when I talked to him before he closed shop. I would try contacting him first.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It really does suck not to have a good archery shop around. I don't trust Scheels, might be one guy there that I would let work on my bow. And Elite closing was no shocker, just guessing but Darins attitude probably had a lot to due with it. Seems like there are a lot of bows around the area, enough to support a GOOD shop.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Imo it is worth the drive to Bismarck scheels... darrin and minot scheels both burned me with sub par work

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rusty who do you recommend at Bismarck scheels? Or are all the guys in the archery department good?

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rusty who do you recommend at Bismarck scheels? Or are all the guys in the archery department good?

Zach has always been a great guy to go to, always helped me out when needed 👍🏻

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not close to you but opened a small side business doing archery and firearms sales a couple years ago and cannot believe the amount of bows that come to me from the bigger cities to get tuned and new threads. While certain times are super busy it isn't enough to sustain a full time deal. I also started doing some taxidermy also which is busy but along with a full time job now I seem to be in so deep that next fall I will have to limit my taxidermy to keep a good turn around and so I can also still enjoy life.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody in Minot work on Bows besides Scheels Archers Elite closed shop which is where I used to go. Just looking before the season kicks off again.
The Outfitters now works on bows and sells pse bows now. I think I saw on their page that they specifically restring bows for sure.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member

zach has done a great job, if he isn't busy, there is a couple of other guys that have done well too. several of them shoot competitively, the one guy retuned my bow in about 5 min and made it shoot bullet holes in paper. he wears a hoyt shirt usually but I have not seen him recently. I feel zach really knows what he is doing and has trained the other guys to do an excellent job as well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75