80% Glock frame

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna give it a try. YouTube videos make it look fairly simple. Anyone here try this? Any advice?

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just received my AR 80%, looked easy enough on YouTube Lol

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too am interested to see how this turns out. Please report back.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've ordered my stock LPK as well. I figure once I get the frame milled out and lpk installed I'll order the rest of the stuff. I have a friend who has a G17 (thats what I'm gonna build) that said he would borrow me his upper to test. One thing that I did not anticipate was that the Glock slides are EXPENSIVE! I think the plain jane ones start at $190...

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've tossed it around a few times. Doesn't really save you very much. If you found a lower that you knew the fit and feel was much better than a standard I wouldn't hesitate. Unfortunately the custom glock world hasn't caught on as much as the AR's. To build what I wanted still ended up costing need $1500. It was still cheaper to buy a compact 1911(shiney gun) and a stock g19(dirty functional gun). And then I don't have to worry about f'n something up. It still would be fun to do.

Maybe Lycan can set up a group buy on a bunch of lowers and a jig set.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've tossed it around a few times. Doesn't really save you very much. If you found a lower that you knew the fit and feel was much better than a standard I wouldn't hesitate. Unfortunately the custom glock world hasn't caught on as much as the AR's. To build what I wanted still ended up costing need $1500. It was still cheaper to buy a compact 1911(shiney gun) and a stock g19(dirty functional gun). And then I don't have to worry about f'n something up. It still would be fun to do.

Maybe Lycan can set up a group buy on a bunch of lowers and a jig set.

Group buy! Awesome idea! Not sure what is driving me to do this. Boredom until crankbait season? Wanting to impress Snowxchick? Dunno.

However, I'm still undecided if I wanna go on the "cheap" or throw down for some high end stuff. I am leaning toward the more affordable approach ifin it don't work out. Im looking forward to keeping everyone updated.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe Vollmer can run a May contest. The Great NDA Glock off! See who has the fanciest piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Spent 10min looking online and I can find a stripped frame for $50 but 80% are all $120 plus granted you avoid the whole ffl thing.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to enter my Glock 34 I have added a threaded barrel. Not an 80% lower but the plastic and safety are the only original pieces on this gun.

Attachments

528685A1-8DF4-457E-B53E-DF32C9D21784.jpg

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the point of the 80% guns is you can buy them and not be registered, from what I’ve read is you citizen is allowed one gun that does not have a serial number on it and not registered, but if one sells it it must be registered

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont think you are limited to 1. You can manufacture your own guns, just not for sale. I haven't read anything about selling them. I'm guessing you'll have to register it as a manufactured gun when you go to sell it (if you sell it)

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont think you are limited to 1. You can manufacture your own guns, just not for sale. I haven't read anything about selling them. I'm guessing you'll have to register it as a manufactured gun when you go to sell it (if you sell it)

I believe that as long as you print a serial number on a gun, you can sell it. However, if you sell more than a handful in a year they’re likely to shoot your dog and investigate you for acting as an unlicensed manufacturer and dealer. I’ve never manufactured my own firearms before, let alone tried to sell one, so I really couldn’t tell you with any certainty.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to enter my Glock 34 I have added a threaded barrel. Not an 80% lower but the plastic and safety are the only original pieces on this gun.

I guess Fracman likes big black Glocks. I can’t blame him.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Group buy! Awesome idea! Not sure what is driving me to do this. Boredom until crankbait season? Wanting to impress Snowxchick? Dunno.

However, I'm still undecided if I wanna go on the "cheap" or throw down for some high end stuff. I am leaning toward the more affordable approach ifin it don't work out. Im looking forward to keeping everyone updated.

By the way, it IS crankbait season..

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, the frame part is done (I'll post pics later). It was actually pretty easy. I was in the process of trying to borrow a dremel and I got impatient. I decided to dig out all of my files and went that route. I'm really glad I did. Ive often been described as a man with zero patience. By using files and several grades of sandpaper I was forced to slow down. I am very happy with the results so far.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
20190518_150038.jpg
All done. Couldn't be happier with the results, price, and accuracy.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
After watching Iraqveterans fully automatic torcher test of a Glock on YouTube I’ll never poke fun. I can only think of one word...Badass!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76