I can't believe stupid shit they come up with

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they woulda said “hey lets use 5 mil to make a cool ass exhibit of north dakotas natural flora. Maybe a kickass rock garden with a man made waterfall with north dakota flora.” I and probably many others would probably say “ i dont like spending money but this actually sounds decent” but instead they want fucking cactuses...... fking cactuses. Non-native moderately retarded cactuses.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
What about the 61 dip shits that voted yes?

His name was the one in the article.
Throw those retarded dumb fucks in the mix also. They don't need to raise our taxes for stupid shit like this.

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many visitors does a "world class cactus greenhouse" draw in a given year?

Also, unless it's powered by cow farts, what's it cost to keep a greenhouse filled with desert plants warm enough during our winter so they don't all fucking die?

First a presidential library. Now a cactus garden.

The North Dakota voters are truly reaping what we sowed...

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe they can put a wading pool with a sandy beach in there also, then I can go sit in a beach chair with a 6er of Corona and pretend I'm in Mexico. ;:;boozer

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe they can put a wading pool with a sandy beach in there also, then I can go sit in a beach chair with a 6er of Corona and pretend I'm in Mexico. ;:;boozer

Been there, they do NOT approve.
Also sluething a corona across the border isnt exactly "okie dokie" either.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its all about the Benjamins (whos worthless son-in-law gets the 100 thousand a year job to water the cactus.) If you gotta keep a plant in a greenhouse in Nd it don't belong here period.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve 100,000 visitors a year traveling essentially out to the middle of nowhere. Not bad. I bet that’s more than Duhamel brings in, he doesn’t do commercials for free.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s it gonna take for this shit to end?!? First a 150 million dollar library now a 5 million cactus exhibit. These people should be hung by their scrotums. Mandan roads look like their from a third world country the girls locker room in the high school can’t evem be used cause the is a giant structural crack in the floor, Fargo still doesn’t have flood protection. I’m sure there are a thousand other projects around the state that are actually worth while. Or how bout cut our f-ing taxes if they have this much of our money to spend.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s it gonna take for this shit to end?!? First a 150 million dollar library now a 5 million cactus exhibit. These people should be hung by their scrotums. Mandan roads look like their from a third world country the girls locker room in the high school can’t evem be used cause the is a giant structural crack in the floor, Fargo still doesn’t have flood protection. I’m sure there are a thousand other projects around the state that are actually worth while. Or how bout cut our f-ing taxes if they have this much of our money to spend.

And folks wonder why the oil producing counties were the only ones to vote no for the legacy fund. Those are the reasons right there. I'm sure they'd gladly take their money back and make use of it. Heck a 150 million dollar library on the west side of the state sounds pretty good for them now, at least they'd get some of the money they produced back.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
And folks wonder why the oil producing counties were the only ones to vote no for the legacy fund. Those are the reasons right there. I'm sure they'd gladly take their money back and make use of it. Heck a 150 million dollar library on the west side of the state sounds pretty good for them now, at least they'd get some of the money they produced back.

haha... remember that north dakota starts east of hwy 83... those "oil producing counties" are useful idiots at election time only...

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please post the vote count, I'd like to see the names. Before they keep blowing all of our money there needs to be popular referendums for shit like this, let the people decide. Hopefully we could do a better job than we did on voting to abolish property taxes.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, we're just about to lose access to a boatload of hunting land (assuming that godforsaken bill passes and everything is a automatically posted). $155 million from the library and cacti garden would buy a good chunk of public land for all to enjoy (multi-use recreation land to appease all sides).

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I never thought getting old (72) and not only old, but white and male would bring as many negative comments as being an old white male.

I though I could do all kinds of stuff (like pinching young ladies butts) that I could not do when young and people would just excuse and forgive me for that as being just, Well old and harmless. no/yes. db

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
DB you got me by one year, and as far as the butt pinching I think they moved up the age limit.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
correct to "dirty old man"

Lbrandt
Drinking at one time was 18 in Minnesota and then as a kid turning 18 they change it to 21 again.

But I will not be denied this time around.

I believe this new generation of young girls like old men pinching their butts, yes I am as sure of that as one can be. Hope to find out this week in Canada.

Two more and I hit a 1000 but as they say a longs ways from 2914.db

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
DB going to wear your fingers out, then have to resort to slaping those butts.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did that one time, a few years ago, to a follow, young female worker at the christmas party. She turn with mouth wide open and then a big smile. ah, one just needs to know when one can do that and that knowledge comes with age. You young ones will learn that and know the risks and how to lower those risks. Age. db

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library passes Senate vote

BISMARCK, N.D. - Gov. Doug Burgum scored a major win in the Senate on Wednesday as the chamber voted 34-13 to fund the Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library in Medora.

Of course, the House will have to agree for the proposal to go anywhere.

The bill calls for a $50 million endowment from the state to cover operating and maintenance costs. Of that $50 million, 15 is from the General Fund. But most of that is money returned to the state from when the project was going to be in Dickinson. $35 million would be a Bank of North Dakota loan. None of that money is available until private and other donors put forward $100 million. The vote split both parties into a fight over North Dakota's legacy.

“It doesn't matter how you cut it, it's a legacy project,” said Senate majority leader Rich Wardner, R-Dickinson.

Wardner led the charge Wednesday for supporting the Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Library saying regardless of how the money gets there, North Dakota benefits
“We are going to see an uptick in tourism traffic into the state of North Dakota,” said Wardner.
(Yep I bet millions of people will come here just to see how stupid we are to build a $150 million library in ND) ;:;banghead
After recent budget cuts, some Senators want more services for people.

“Maybe this should have been an initiated measure and ask the people to vote on this. If we want to do a Legacy for North Dakota, let's take care of our people first,” said Sen. Joan Heckaman, D-New Rockford.
Democrats argued over how the bill was brought forward.

“Why wouldn't we respect the legislative process enough to introduce a bill 69 days ago,” said Sen. Erin Oban, D-Bismarck.

“We're going to leave here in a few days and if we fail to act, we might have lost our opportunity to seize the moment,” said Sen. Larry Robinson, D-Valley City.
(Yep seize the moment to waste tax payers money.)

Some Republicans were uncomfortable with past statements toward Native Americans.
"Roosevelt called the General Allotment a mighty pulverizing engine to break up tribal mass. So he didn't have a good heart for the people that were here before him,” said Sen. Oley Larsen, R-Minot.

Nearly half the Senate stood up to make some sort of speech. Here's what some of the others said:
Sen. Janne Myrdal, R-Edinburg, says her constituents are nearly unanimously against the project in the north east corner of the state. She voted no.

Ron Sorvaag, R-Fargo, said something similar, but voted for it because we have to invest if we want opportunity to come to the state.
(Opportunity for what? What will this library do for the state? Besides spending tax payers money. Will this be self sufficient our will future tax payers be funding this forever?)

Freshman Senator Jay Elkin, R-Taylor whose district surrounds Dickinson, says his voters overwhelmingly came out against the project. He voted no. Elkin added the money to pay back Dickinson for moving the site and $10 million for Dickinson State's digitization are big benefits.

What a shit show our state government has become. :mad:

Last edited:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks like the $50,000,000 they want from the state is to cover operating and maintenance costs.... that there tells me they don't expect it to draw in any, or enough, revenue to keep it up and running on it's own... focking waste of money...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67