User Tag List

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • WTF!?
  • zzz
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 51
    1. Back To Top    #1
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      tikkalover's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Minot
      Posts
      2,544
      NDA Points
      71,060
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      21
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,195
      Given: 6,766

      I can't believe stupid shit they come up with

      North Dakota House wants to spend $5M on cactus greenhouse

      BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — North Dakota's Republican-led House wants to spend $5 million on a greenhouse for a cactus collection at a tourist attraction that straddles the U.S.-Canadian border.

      The House approved the appropriation 61-29 on Monday for the International Peace Garden, but not before some prickly debate.

      GOP Rep. Daniel Johnston of Kathryn told fellow lawmakers the state has far more needs and "we're ripping the North Dakota taxpayer off." He says he'd rather go to Arizona to see cacti.

      Rep. Jon Nelson defended the expenditure, saying the cactus collection is "world class."

      The Parks and Recreation budget now goes to the Senate for more review.

      The garden north of Dunseith was dedicated in 1932 and is a tribute to the peace between the U.S. and Canada.


      This is just unbelievable!!! Mr. Nelson you sir are a retarded dumb fuck!

      3 Not allowed!

    2. Back To Top    #2
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      gr8outdoors's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Washburn,nd
      Posts
      458
      NDA Points
      7,548
      NDA Level
      37
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 379
      Given: 710
      Ugh, if they wanna see cactus........ Head south!

      0 Not allowed!

    3. Back To Top    #3
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      WTF!?
       
      Trip McNeely's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Burleigh county
      Posts
      525
      NDA Points
      5,376
      NDA Level
      31
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 528
      Given: 503
      Your fkn kidding me right? What a circus it is in this town nowadays.... there needs to be a test or qualifier to be deemed a republican in nd.....It seems as though alot of the R’s in nd should be D’s....

      0 Not allowed!

    4. Back To Top    #4
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      tikkalover's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Minot
      Posts
      2,544
      NDA Points
      71,060
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      21
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,195
      Given: 6,766
      Quote Originally Posted by gr8outdoors View Post
      Ugh, if they wanna see cactus........ MOVE south!
      Fixed it for you.

      1 Not allowed!

    5. Back To Top    #5
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      CatDaddy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Casselton
      Posts
      711
      NDA Points
      50,690
      NDA Level
      99
      Report Entries
      10
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 953
      Given: 743
      WHAAAAT??????? Shouldn't surprise me.....

      Spend the 5 mil on something worthwhile like slot limits!

      1 Not allowed!

    6. Back To Top    #6
      Ultimate VIP Member
      hunting
       
      Mood:
      Drunk
       
      Kurtr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Mobridge,Sd
      Posts
      6,049
      NDA Points
      105,793
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      10
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 6,664
      Given: 2,272
      Classifieds
      1
      That five mill could go to your guys land data base

      0 Not allowed!
      Snagzilla will always be #1

    7. Back To Top    #7
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Allen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Lincoln, kinda...
      Posts
      2,382
      NDA Points
      29,989
      NDA Level
      75
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,695
      Given: 1,053
      Hmm, seems we have plenty of prickly pear cacti around, but maybe we have something more exotic and difficult to grow????

      0 Not allowed!
      "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain, speaking on Congress.

    8. Back To Top    #8
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      espringers's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Devils Lake
      Posts
      2,753
      NDA Points
      22,085
      NDA Level
      64
      Report Entries
      5
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,424
      Given: 1,379
      Classifieds
      2
      I am not surprised one damn bit!

      0 Not allowed!

    9. Back To Top    #9
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Obi-Wan's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      2,012
      NDA Points
      144,520
      NDA Level
      100
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,568
      Given: 2,280
      WHY ?

      0 Not allowed!
      I don't always get negative reps..... But when I do it's because some crybaby couldn't handle my posts!

    10. Back To Top    #10
      Silver Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      73
      NDA Points
      2,964
      NDA Level
      22
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 40
      Given: 5
      Quote Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      Your fkn kidding me right? What a circus it is in this town nowadays.... there needs to be a test or qualifier to be deemed a republican in nd.....It seems as though alot of the R’s in nd should be D’s....
      Maybe the problem is that they are mostly old male white Republicans. Put the blame where it’s deserved.

      1 Not allowed!

    11. Back To Top    #11
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      jdinny's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      797
      NDA Points
      23,599
      NDA Level
      67
      Report Entries
      6
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 691
      Given: 599
      Classifieds
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
      Maybe the problem is that they are mostly old male white Republicans. Put the blame where it’s deserved.
      If that isn’t one of the more racist, hate ful bigot comments I’ve read in awhile.....whatever that means if you and you left wing buds could clarify your comments for me?? Oh wait it’s only racist when it’s from the right eh??

      - - - Updated - - -

      Young black female........ uff da see my point

      5 Not allowed!

    12. Back To Top    #12
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      696
      NDA Points
      50,546
      NDA Level
      98
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,494
      Given: 918
      I agree that there are too many old men in the legislature. One of the problems is that it is a year and a half before only half of them will be up for election and we will have forgotten all about it. In most of the state as long as the name is familiar and it has an "R" by it, they are automatically re-elected.

      0 Not allowed!

    13. Back To Top    #13
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Drifting the high plains
      Posts
      3,680
      NDA Points
      32,948
      NDA Level
      79
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,125
      Given: 2,437
      Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
      Maybe the problem is that they are mostly old male white Republicans. Put the blame where it’s deserved.
      So your saying AOC would be the solution to all of our problems?

      4 Not allowed!

    14. Back To Top    #14
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      NW Angle, MN and Little Chicago, ND
      Posts
      920
      NDA Points
      18,403
      NDA Level
      59
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,319
      Given: 2,345
      Classifieds
      8
      Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGhost View Post
      So your saying AOC would be the solution to all of our problems?

      LOL. or I know for fact that the GF area has a few more Mary Adams wantabes. Now that is really scary.

      0 Not allowed!
      "Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." Porky Pine 12/25/1973

    15. Back To Top    #15
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      969
      NDA Points
      5,265
      NDA Level
      30
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,054
      Given: 323
      From the first comment there are a couple things that stick out to me, as well as some of the other comments. First is that it appears this expenditure is a result for the Parks and Recreation budget. If so I'm guessing the Parks and Recreation requested the expenditure in a line item, not as a separate bill in the legislature. If that is the case then perhaps they also requested expenditures in the Minot or Bismarck, or some other part to the state as well. Their purpose is to improve the Parks and Recreation of the state. It is true that this cacti collection is world class and was left to the International Peace Garden by and individual from Minot. Is the expenditure necessary? Probably not necessary but certainly has some value. Kind of ranks in the category as the state museum in Bismarck, the state fair in Minot or the state parks around the state.

      Next, Jon Nelson is not an old white guy with an R next to his name, he's white but everything else does not fit. He supported the bill which isn't uncommon for any legislator to support something that is in their district area. He wasn't the only one vote to in favor. I live fairly close to the International Peace Garden and don't go there often but you do have to admit that a Garden, dedicated to Peace between two countries, the only one in the world, has value and deserves continued fiscal support.

      5 Not allowed!

    16. Back To Top    #16
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      jdinny's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Posts
      797
      NDA Points
      23,599
      NDA Level
      67
      Report Entries
      6
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 691
      Given: 599
      Classifieds
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGhost View Post
      So your saying AOC would be the solution to all of our problems?
      Hahahah I get dumber listening to her talk......

      0 Not allowed!

    17. Back To Top    #17
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Lycanthrope's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      2,071
      NDA Points
      62,804
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      8
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,607
      Given: 2,852
      Quote Originally Posted by Reprobait View Post
      I agree that there are too many old men in the legislature. One of the problems is that it is a year and a half before only half of them will be up for election and we will have forgotten all about it. In most of the state as long as the name is familiar and it has an "R" by it, they are automatically re-elected.
      I dont think MEN is the problem, but old could be a factor...

      On a side note, maybe theyd be willing to feature these cacti in their exhibit, from all the peeps at NDAngler...
      Name:  Cacti.JPG
Views: 1327
Size:  41.3 KB

      1 Not allowed!

    18. Back To Top    #18
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      808
      NDA Points
      9,157
      NDA Level
      41
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 850
      Given: 679
      Quote Originally Posted by Retired Educator View Post
      From the first comment there are a couple things that stick out to me, as well as some of the other comments. First is that it appears this expenditure is a result for the Parks and Recreation budget. If so I'm guessing the Parks and Recreation requested the expenditure in a line item, not as a separate bill in the legislature. If that is the case then perhaps they also requested expenditures in the Minot or Bismarck, or some other part to the state as well. Their purpose is to improve the Parks and Recreation of the state. It is true that this cacti collection is world class and was left to the International Peace Garden by and individual from Minot. Is the expenditure necessary? Probably not necessary but certainly has some value. Kind of ranks in the category as the state museum in Bismarck, the state fair in Minot or the state parks around the state.

      Next, Jon Nelson is not an old white guy with an R next to his name, he's white but everything else does not fit. He supported the bill which isn't uncommon for any legislator to support something that is in their district area. He wasn't the only one vote to in favor. I live fairly close to the International Peace Garden and don't go there often but you do have to admit that a Garden, dedicated to Peace between two countries, the only one in the world, has value and deserves continued fiscal support.
      How much is Canada contributing to this peace garden???

      Why do they need a greenhouse to grow cactus? We have plenty of cactus in ND that survives just fine without a fricking green house!

      0 Not allowed!

    19. Back To Top    #19
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Mort's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      That dirty ole oilfield town
      Posts
      1,131
      NDA Points
      57,220
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      3
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 918
      Given: 619
      Classifieds
      1
      What a waste of money...geeesssh...

      0 Not allowed!
      Sprint Car Racing, Hunting and Fishing are my drugs of choice.

    20. Back To Top    #20
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Bullsnake's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Fort Yates
      Posts
      166
      NDA Points
      56,086
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      7
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 416
      Given: 719
      Classifieds
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by tikkalover View Post
      North Dakota House wants to spend $5M on cactus greenhouse

      BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — North Dakota's Republican-led House wants to spend $5 million on a greenhouse for a cactus collection at a tourist attraction that straddles the U.S.-Canadian border.

      The House approved the appropriation 61-29 on Monday for the International Peace Garden, but not before some prickly debate.

      GOP Rep. Daniel Johnston of Kathryn told fellow lawmakers the state has far more needs and "we're ripping the North Dakota taxpayer off." He says he'd rather go to Arizona to see cacti.

      Rep. Jon Nelson defended the expenditure, saying the cactus collection is "world class."

      The Parks and Recreation budget now goes to the Senate for more review.

      The garden north of Dunseith was dedicated in 1932 and is a tribute to the peace between the U.S. and Canada.


      This is just unbelievable!!! Mr. Nelson you sir are a retarded dumb fuck!


      What about the 61 dip shits that voted yes?

      1 Not allowed!

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About Nodak Angler

      NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

    Business & Contact

    Follow us on

    Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube