Sb 2315 - final house vote delayed!!

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gentlemen. Now that we've DODGED this bullet yet AGAIN, may I suggest that those of you in districts where your Senators and/or Representatives voted yes, that you spend some time in the local cafe/bar campaining to replace these anti hunters come election time. T

THIS IS NOT OVER. Expect the worst, hope for the best, but plan on SB 2315 to go to committee next week and be re-written to include all the same old stuff from the previous incarnations. You will be called on again to stand up and contact your legislators at least two more times before this is all done. It's been a long session with just this bill alone, but your concerns have been heard and will continue to be heard.

First, you will be asked to contact the Senate and tell them to KEEP what the House sent them - a leveling of the playing field for sportsmen in this three-month interaction from which we can build compromise, find simpler ways to codify, enforce and enact mutually-beneficial and understandable laws with no poison pills, hammers or sunset clauses going forward. In all likelihood they will not accept the bill as-is and refer it to committee so that the sponsors can have their original database confusion reinserted in some form or another. It may not happen, but I'm not holding my breath - they've hung their hat on it since they lost the vote count in the Senate and there's little imagination there for anything else at this time - otherwise it would have been proposed by now.

Second. Once it goes to committee, and we have the committee's decision on what will be added to the bill, you will again be called on to review the latest version and then, contact both the Senate and the House, depending on the additions and your take on them - I don't expect them to be sportsman-friendly, but they may be, and there will be compromises of sorts thrown in. We'll have to see what comes out of the renewed sausage making. One thing's certain - this will all happen FAST - so sportsmen need to be on it.

Stay vigilant, stay involved, stay ready. We will find a better way forward after this mess is over and perhaps the groundwork for that path will be laid in the upcoming committee and the end of this process - stay positive, respectful and in contact.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make it stop... this is ridiculous. How many times do we need to state our positions?

Writing every couple weeks for months seems excessive.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not scared to email every single Senator and Representative again. The facts are still the facts. I'll wait to see what STUPIDITY the originators of this EXCREMENT try to add and respond as needed. THANK YOU for keeping me up to date and letting me know when I'm needed. Standing By to fire.............................

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just speaking for myself, but I’m done emailing the same message to the same folks. I’m learning that this whole process is a big part of the problem. Fail, get another shot, fail again, get another shot, fail again, get another shot. Really?!?! If these folks haven’t figured out how I feel after the first 5 emails, they never will. From this point forward I’m a spectator because apparently this shit is never going to end until the bill passes.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s why I’ve waited until now to contact my reps. Kept my powder dry for when you fellas ran out of ammo. I’ll send an email to my senator tonight.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think one thing that has to be pounded home to these clowns is that they are underestimating the response they are gonna get from sportsmen. And that if this passes they are going to receive a campaign to unseat them like they can’t imagine.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Majority of my district legislators will not be getting my vote again. Funny that the ones voting Yes did not even return a reply.
I also sent all the chair holders an email, the No voters responded. Didn't get shit back from others.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think one thing that has to be pounded home to these clowns is that they are underestimating the response they are gonna get from sportsmen. And that if this passes they are going to receive a campaign to unseat them like they can’t imagine.

They aren't afraid of pushback from sportsmen eye, It's hunters that have been threatening to unseat them not Sportsmen. There's a huge difference between the two. I don't really care what side of this bill people are on, I am in favor of it and I already posted my reason but it wasn't a "good enough" reason and it was heading for a blowout with hunters so I chose to back away from the conversation for the sake of sportsmen.

This bill has given hunters a reason and a chance to drive a wedge between sportsmen and landowners and lump all landowners into the same basket while trying to lump yourselves in the same basket as sportsmen. That right there pisses me off more than anything.

Some of you guys have mentioned that you should run against your reps, I hope you do and I hope you win. Then I hope you realize what it must feel like if you have a 60/40 split opinion in your district that if you don't vote exactly the way EVERYONE in your district wants you to vote you read daily threats that you aren't doing your job right. Judging by some of the posts/responses on here I can only imagine some of the emails that have been sent.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can a person obtain these reps emails via freedom of information act?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
They aren't afraid of pushback from sportsmen eye, It's hunters that have been threatening to unseat them not Sportsmen. There's a huge difference between the two. I don't really care what side of this bill people are on, I am in favor of it and I already posted my reason but it wasn't a "good enough" reason and it was heading for a blowout with hunters so I chose to back away from the conversation for the sake of sportsmen.

This bill has given hunters a reason and a chance to drive a wedge between sportsmen and landowners and lump all landowners into the same basket while trying to lump yourselves in the same basket as sportsmen. That right there pisses me off more than anything.

Some of you guys have mentioned that you should run against your reps, I hope you do and I hope you win. Then I hope you realize what it must feel like if you have a 60/40 split opinion in your district that if you don't vote exactly the way EVERYONE in your district wants you to vote you read daily threats that you aren't doing your job right. Judging by some of the posts/responses on here I can only imagine some of the emails that have been sent.

So now hunters are NOT sportsmen? Now it's just the hunters that are driving a wedge between landowners and sportsmen? You are so anti-hunting Davey it's not even funny. Now you are claiming you "backed away" from your rhetoric for the sake of the sportsmen, but not hunters and yet you want us to still believe you are pro hunter. WOW!!! OK fellas, Davey has spoken, according to him, no hunters can go to any "sportsmens shows" as you are not included. Sorry to break it to you, but HUNTERS ARE SPORTSMEN!!! On to the pushback.......Tell me Davey, why shouldn't hunters and sportmen try to unseat the Senators and Reps that voted to take hunting access from us?? Isn't that our right?? I anxiously await your condescending responses and enlightening explanations.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some hunters are very fine sportsmen and some hunters are not even close to it. Same with Landowners, Some landowners are great sportsmen and some can be pricks and everyone shouldn't be lumped together. What is so hard to understand about that ?

If all you want to do is call people out and scream because they won't bow to you and pretend they agree with you on 2315 well Good luck because I have repeatedly said won't go down this trail with this bill, There is too much to loose here and already too much damage has been done. Now if you want to stick your fingers in your ears and scream about the one tag system again I'll stand toe to toe and have at it. Call me what you want if that's what makes your kind feel better , I already said I don't give a crap what you think of me.

- - - Updated - - -

S Sorry to break it to you, but HUNTERS ARE SPORTSMEN!!!

Not all of them, You are just as confused as quite a few others on this subject.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy Davey, you really like the "fingers in the ears and screaming" thing don't you. I'd be glad to go "toe to toe" with you Davey, but you change where your toes are so fast I can't keep up. So YES, I'm calling you out on your anti-hunting positions. I do so, because you keep claiming to be pro hunter, and yet you lobby for and support positions that take from hunters at every opportunity. You want to take hunting tags from sportsmen and now you want to take hunting access from sportsmen. You ARE an anti-hunter based on your posts and positions. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Additionally, I don't care if anyone agrees with me or "bows" to my will. Needing others to validate my position wouldn't make it "My" position now would it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy Davey, you really like the "fingers in the ears and screaming" thing don't you. I'd be glad to go "toe to toe" with you Davey, but you change where your toes are so fast I can't keep up. So YES, I'm calling you out on your anti-hunting positions. I do so, because you keep claiming to be pro hunter

This is not worth my time but if you are hell bent on an endeavor to call me out let's get this over with. Show me where I have ever claimed to be a pro hunter and I'll engage . If you can't back up what you say then quit spouting off to me, Your getting sickening, If you can't agree that we disagree and be civil about it then git.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is not worth my time but if you are hell bent on an endeavor to call me out let's get this over with. Show me where I have ever claimed to be a pro hunter and I'll engage . If you can't back up what you say then quit spouting off to me, Your getting sickening, If you can't agree that we disagree and be civil about it then git.

FINALLY!!! WE GET THE TRUTH!!!!!! NOW, all the members of NDA will have a known basis to evaluate your posts. I bet I do make you sick Davey. Nobody likes to have a mirror held to their faces and be forced to see the reflection.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some hunters are very fine sportsmen and some hunters are not even close to it. Same with Landowners, Some landowners are great sportsmen and some can be pricks and everyone shouldn't be lumped together. What is so hard to understand about that ?

If all you want to do is call people out and scream because they won't bow to you and pretend they agree with you on 2315 well Good luck because I have repeatedly said won't go down this trail with this bill, There is too much to loose here and already too much damage has been done. Now if you want to stick your fingers in your ears and scream about the one tag system again I'll stand toe to toe and have at it. Call me what you want if that's what makes your kind feel better , I already said I don't give a crap what you think of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all of them, You are just as confused as quite a few others on this subject.

you seem to forget they are put in office to be the voice of the voters not ignore their constituents and push their own agenda. Ask Heidi what happens when you go against the very wishes of those that put you in office

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
FINALLY!!! WE GET THE TRUTH!!!!!! NOW, all the members of NDA will have a known basis to evaluate your posts. I bet I do make you sick Davey. Nobody likes to have a mirror held to their faces and be forced to see the reflection.

The only thing you are proving here is how big of an ass you can make out of yourself. Quit while you're still not very far behind.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing you are proving here is how big of an ass you can make out of yourself. Quit while you're still not very far behind.

So much for being civil huh Davey. I think I've proven plenty today and it has nothing to do with me. Have a nice day Davey.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok. send me a PM if you want to really hear what I have to say. I really do have something I'd like to tell you but not on an open forum.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75