Sb 2315 - final house vote delayed!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz and GST were always joined at the hip. Fritz backed up GST on every post. Who’s surprised by any of this?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz has outlived his lifespan here. Time to go the way of Gabe. The enemy within

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Uncle, I'm sure John Bradley is a nice guy and you met him at a Pheasants Forever Banquet. He gets paid to attend a lot of functions. What a great job to be a community organizer sent here by the National wildlife federation.

Sounds like an awesome job! I'd like to get paid to go to banquets, drink beer and talk hunting and fishing. I still don't understand how that makes him less of a sportsman. The man was lucky enough to find a job that lets him advocate for what he's passionate about. If only we could all be so fortunate.

Either way, I'm done going back and forth with you on this. I've stated my feelings on this board and to my elected officials via email. I will respectfully say I disagree with how you have handled the situation here and I will move on.

I need to start looking for a job that pays me to drink beer...with my beer drinking and bullshitting skills I have a feeling I'm upper management material.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No thanks,

SB 2315 is one of those where hours and hours went into committees etc. I think the green yellow red app had merit. The Bill was ground, tasted, re-ground re-tasted, again and again and still became something that everyone could barely chew and the division no could stomach.

I'm not running for anything. Maybe a paid executive directors job would be good though. That's what pisses me off most. Attend a ND Sportsmen's Caucus event and everyone is being paid to be there except me.

- - - Updated - - -

TFX,

Your post is more spot on than you think. When the Representative said illegitimate, I believe that was frustration. Legislators, private property owners, ranchers/farmers would like to talk to hunters. Not the same guys representing orgs with their heels dug every time. And then the unbelievable happens. Sportsmen are all placed under one umbrella with no distinction made.
These groups did a great job representing all sportsmen on this issue. They did not have their heels dug in on this issue and were open to the app discussion but wanted to ensure it will ACTUALLY WORK. We have seen that it is the ag special interest groups that don’t want to give an inch and thi is proven by their actions in the legislature this year. Us sportsmen are tired of their smoke screens and we can see right through it, and this time there will be consequences for their poor political decisions.

I don’t know why you are jealous of these conservation orgs and their paid positions. They do not pay very well compared to other industries. There are not many people willing to take a significant pay cut to do their job. Their administrative costs are also much lower than othe non profits such as United Way so I am not concerned. Volunteers cannot Solely run those big non profit groups.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
the hunters/fishers/hikers are expected to individually represent themselves while farmers/ranchers can allow groups/orgs to represent them

gotcha

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I understand this right the Senate refused to concur with the House vote so now 2315 goes to Conference Committee. (???) Two members from each chamber discussus amendments and then it goes back to each chamber for another vote. If one votes Nay at that time it's dead. Correct? They are going to move this process fast.

SB 2315Not ConcurredA Do Not ConcurAgricultureDo Not Concur ErbeleLuick

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand what these "vocal hunters groups" are saying that isn't being said by individual hunters. I think we all feel that this bill would not have helped with trespassing, and would have cut out thousands of acres that were accessible under the current law. We already can't gain any public acres in this state, and don't want to lose anymore. Like others have said, those who are threating to lock their stuff up tight probably already do, but not every farmer and rancher sees it that way. Its not a "property rights" thing like they kept trying to turn it into. I already have the right to post my land and let whoever I want on or off. I think somehow its just drilled in a lot of guys' heads that its an us vs them deal, and nobody likes to lose.

This would be a lot easier to hash out of the farm bureau, stockman's etc. were clear on what they wanted accomplished. Cut down on trespassing? End hunting all together? Just sick of hanging posted signs? We could probably come up with a solution to each that wouldn't piss everyone off if there was a clear goal.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
the hunters/fishers/hikers are expected to individually represent themselves while farmers/ranchers can allow groups/orgs to represent them

gotcha

Yep. Not allowed to lobby at a national level either.

Ducks Unlimited national lobby money spent in 2018: $320,000

Farm Bureau national lobby money spent in 2018: $3 million plus.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I understand this right the Senate refused to concur with the House vote so now 2315 goes to Conference Committee. (???) Two members from each chamber discussus amendments and then it goes back to each chamber for another vote. If one votes Nay at that time it's dead. Correct? They are going to move this process fast.

SB 2315Not ConcurredADo Not ConcurAgricultureDo Not ConcurErbeleLuick

Correct - it moved so quick to a do not concur, I could barely keep up with real life stuff going on.

So we should have a final bill in the next couple of days. Look for some of the "old language" and "bad stuff" to be put back in.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep. Not allowed to lobby at a national level either.

Ducks Unlimited national lobby money spent in 2018: $320,000

Farm Bureau national lobby money spent in 2018: $3 million plus.

Only $320,000, a very low figure indeed considering DU spent $5.4 million (debatable) on the clean water ballot measure in ND alone.

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
And the paid lobbiests of FU or FB don't count because thier opinions matter more than anyone elses.
Would they then be
Illegitimate farmers?
BTW most sportsmen have jobs and can't run to every legislative hearing.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having never hunted in Texas, I saw an article recently that claimed they did away with posted signs by going to the color purple. Basically, paint portions of your fence in purple (or trees) and that is recognized as a permanent (to the current landowner) no hunting or trespassing sign.

Can anyone elaborate on this concept and how well it has worked in reality?

Probably wont work up here too many are farming the road right away right up to the road, if they put in a corner post they wont be able to move the equipment down the road with out tearing out the post just like they do with the county signs.

One county sign had a broken off sickle guard caught in a hole in the telus bar post and another you could tell they cut the 911 signs on top with the sickle on their header but the farmers never hit the posts or so they say.

As far as land owners a large part of them in this area do not even live in the state so they leave it up to the renters or in one case a neighbor has taken it upon his self to post land he does not own.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife's grandpa and grandma were from Arkansas and they had a lavender color paint for posting up land. Its been many years since I was down there but back when we did go down there, you always seen paint on posts, trees and telephone poles. Grandpa said it was easier than hanging up signs.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My wife's grandpa and grandma were from Arkansas and they had a lavender color paint for posting up land. Its been many years since I was down there but back when we did go down there, you always seen paint on posts, trees and telephone poles. Grandpa said it was easier than hanging up signs.

Funny many people keep bringing this back up. I proposed this idea via email to all the legislators as thinking of a way to make it easier to post. Many of the replies were rude saying that I was just another sportsman that wasn’t giving in and coming to the table. Some legislators even threatened to post up all their land now and not allow anyone to hunt.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny many people keep bringing this back up. I proposed this idea via email to all the legislators as thinking of a way to make it easier to post. Many of the replies were rude saying that I was just another sportsman that wasn’t giving in and coming to the table. Some legislators even threatened to post up all their land now and not allow anyone to hunt.

Post them if you have them otherwise it didn't happen.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Says the guy that wants his opinions moved to private message. You’re one of a kind Davey.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any legislator that stoops that low deserves to get dogpiled, Wouldn't you agree ?

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy that wants his opinions moved to private message. You’re one of a kind Davey.

It wasn't my opinion that I wanted to take to PM

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't you watch? The guy stood up and hollered it on the house floor before the vote?

Serious ? No I didn't see that. Migrator , Post the emails for a dogpile, I'll be first in to do it.

You guys know why I am in favor of this bill but you twist it into something that it isn't. Standing offer for anyone that wants to create an opportunity for themselves or someone else. Since posting is so easy come hang signs around my land and I will let you and a buddy bow hunt and duck hunt.
If you already have a place to hunt do your good deed for a couple of college students. My back is shot, I am not able to tromp through the brush for what it will take but it will be a piece of cake for you guys. Or if you know any College students coming to MSU Bottineau fall quarter hook us up if they are willing to hang signs and hunt.

The reason for inviting KDM to PM is because I was accused of being an anti hunter and he KNOWS it's true. There isn't much in this world that pisses me off worse than false accusations no matter who, what,when where or why. As usual, He spouts off and lies in front of his buddies but won't debate in a PM. Pretty sure I've eaten more venison than most of you ever will in your lifetime , And yes you can bet your sweet ass that if you have two tags in your pocket I will fight for one of them for my family, They like to rifle hunt too. Pretty sure I've eaten more venison that most of you ever will in your lifetime, Anti hunter my ass.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67