Sb 2315 - final house vote delayed!!

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
VOTE DELAYED! - Reports from the House of Representatives indicate that the sponsors and lobbyists pushing SB 2315 have done a vote count and THEY DO NOT HAVE THE VOTES. They are dragging this out to the very end to continue to work over those who represent us in attempt to garner more support on the house floor -- DO NOT GIVE AN INCH!

STAY ON YOUR REPRESENTATIVES...there is still time to hammer home the message that CITIZENS MATTER OVER BIG-MONEY INTERESTS!

- Speak out for those people who don't have the fortune, luck or luxury of owning land and who will lose access to MILLIONS of acres that landowners have CHOSEN to leave open to the public for hunting by not posting over the last 90 years.

- Speak against those special interest groups who veto public land acquisitions and now want to remove even more public access.

- Speak up for the future generations of hunters, small business, our wildlife agencies and the heritage of this state.

- Speak truth to power about how the database proposal is the worst possible alternative, that more easily-codified, easily-managed and easily-understood options are available, like: posting & trespass education courses in Hunter's Ed, firearm forfeiture for trespassers, license forfeitures for offenders, a posting relief fund created with a dollar or two of every license bought and others that are far less costly and convoluted.

- Let them know YOUR vote in the next election is tied to THEIR vote on SB 2315!

contact2315.jpg

KEEP CONTACTING THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES! STAND UP FOR SPORTSMEN AGAINST SPECIAL INTERESTS! THE VOTE WILL COME SOON...

mkadams@nd.gov;bertanderson@nd.gov; dickanderson@nd.gov; pkanderson@nd.gov; tbeadle@nd.gov; rcbecker@nd.gov; lbellew@nd.gov; jblum@nd.gov; tboe@nd.gov;gdbosch@nd.gov; jboschee@nd.gov; mbrandenburg@nd.gov; rbuffalo@nd.gov; cdamschen@nd.gov; jdelzer@nd.gov; bdevlin@nd.gov; gdobervich@nd.gov; jddockter@nd.gov; meidson@nd.gov; sertelt@nd.gov; cfegley@nd.gov; jayfisher@nd.gov; jgrueneich@nd.gov; rguggisberg@nd.gov; lbhager@nd.gov; krhanson@nd.gov; phatlestad@nd.gov; cheadland@nd.gov; pdheinert@nd.gov; rholman@nd.gov;jahoverson@nd.gov; mchowe@nd.gov; craigjohnson@nd.gov; djohnson@nd.gov; marycjohnson@nd.gov; dljohnston@nd.gov; tbjones@nd.gov; tkading@nd.gov; kkarls@nd.gov; jkasper@nd.gov;gkeiser@nd.gov; kkempenich@nd.gov; dhkiefert@nd.gov; lklemin@nd.gov; bkoppelman@nd.gov; kkoppelman@nd.gov; gkreidt@nd.gov; vrlaning@nd.gov; mlefor@nd.gov; dlongmuir@nd.gov;sclouser@nd.gov; jmagrum@nd.gov; amarschall@nd.gov; bmartinson@nd.gov; amcwilliams@nd.gov; lmeier@nd.gov; amitskog@nd.gov;crmock@nd.gov; dmonson@nd.gov; mrnathe@nd.gov; jonelson@nd.gov; menelson@nd.gov; eobrien@nd.gov; mowens@nd.gov; bpaulson@nd.gov;gpaur@nd.gov; cpollert@nd.gov; tkporter@nd.gov; bpyle@nd.gov; dwrichter@nd.gov;sroersjones@nd.gov; kmrohr@nd.gov; druby@nd.gov;mruby@nd.gov; masanford@nd.gov; blsatrom@nd.gov; mischatz@nd.gov; aschauer@nd.gov; jeschmidt@nd.gov; mschneider@nd.gov; rschobinger@nd.gov; cschreiberbeck@nd.gov; lsimons@nd.gov; kskroch@nd.gov; vsteiner@nd.gov; mstrinden@nd.gov; nptoman@nd.gov; wtrottier@nd.gov; btveit@nd.gov; smvetter@nd.gov;dwvigesaa@nd.gov; rweisz@nd.gov; gwestlind@nd.gov;dzubke@nd.gov

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well I'll be damned! But, it's not over, it was a cliff hanger 2 years ago also.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the update, another email sent for the sixth time now :) There gonna start getting tired of hearing from me but i dont care

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve never emailed my reps so many times over one issue. This is dumb.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
I heard back from one of my reps quickly and he was a hard no, the other one is crickets so I just emailing him

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guys,
Don't forget to email your Senator also. This bill is much different than the bill that came out of the Senate. I made sure to email my Senator and tell him to support a NO vote with his fellow district Reps. My Senator responded back and said he didn't support this bill as amended by the house. Hopefully, the Senators can also put pressure on the House. I'm sure they have discussions at social events anyway.

Fish On!

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sent to my people and one is a sponsor of bill for a no for what good it may do.

I have thought about the school land up here own by the state and rented to ranchers. I feel that this land was set aside for education a hundred years ago when we became a state. A lot has changed. But it is public land and right now the rancher has sole control of the land with his posters and not available for use by the public. I would strongly support ending that. DB

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in favor of this bill . I took the last few days to study it , made some calls as I have a cousin in the house , and after soul searching and studying this bill pretty hard I can tell you it needs to fail . I’ve sent 5 emails and made 3 calls over the last few days . It’s a terrible bill

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good for you for keeping an open mind. What was amended that you did not like?

I was in favor of this bill . I took the last few days to study it , made some calls as I have a cousin in the house , and after soul searching and studying this bill pretty hard I can tell you it needs to fail . I’ve sent 5 emails and made 3 calls over the last few days . It’s a terrible bill

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m still all for supplying metal signs to the landowners. They should have a lot less issues with them being simply torn down. Why hasn’t the legislators worked on making it easier to charge these trespassers. Sounds like we need more funding for game wardens and sheriff departments.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
But who will put up the signs?

Put up a few check stations for hunters and fisher-people coming into/leaving ND. Any group caught grossly over their limit of fish/birds/game, poaching, obvious species violations, or trespassing would have to return to ND during a part of the year when signs can be installed without disturbing the landowner for "community service" and put up signs. Hunting/Fishing rights stripped in all wildlife compact states for as long as it takes to complete their community service.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
But who will put up the signs?
Landowners/tenants whoever does it now. If I had some good hunting land I would make dam sure they cannot be torn down. Heck I would even put one paper sign on every telephone pole so people get the point. As a hunter I like oversigned property so I know easily if the land is posted.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
From the article Dean posted a link to:

"It's kind of tough," Blum said of how he'll vote. Many of the emails have appeared identical, he said, but he's had some personal notes from his District 42 constituents and messages from as far as Massachusetts. About 90 percent of emails on the bill have been against it, he added.

How is it “kinda tough” to know how to vote when 90% of those who have contacted you are opposed to the bill?!?!

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m still all for supplying metal signs to the landowners. They should have a lot less issues with them being simply torn down. Why hasn’t the legislators worked on making it easier to charge these trespassers. Sounds like we need more funding for game wardens and sheriff departments.

This

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76