New B.B. set up

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get the ex6 bb rod I have one I love it. I would love to have a few more but I am cheap and hate rod snobs. Where is the deal at ?

- - - Updated - - -

PS the bb rod from St Croix sucks to bendy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hard to beat good old scheels guide series rods for the money and especially the warranty.
I've been a flippin switch baitcaster guy for about 15 years as well for BB. Some days my boat looks like a crappie rig with 8 poles hanging off of it ha ha ha.

Just a fun july evening this past summer with the fam, 2 hours to be exact. #$%^&> :;:cheers

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Get the ex6 bb rod I have one I love it. I would love to have a few more but I am cheap and hate rod snobs. Where is the deal at ?

- - - Updated - - -

PS the bb rod from St Croix sucks to bendy
Sportsmen’s warehouse. You got the casting rod or the spinning one?

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
6C295778-16B2-4BD2-BFCC-80EA59A32F31.jpg

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got back from Outfitters. Picked up a couple more baiting rods. 7’ ML ugly stick chrome with the white tip. There’s absolutely no need to spend big money on rods you’re dragging a bottom bouncer on. I’m not saying you’re stupid if you do, to each their own, but it’s not necessary period. I like others like a fairly “floppy’ light rod that will basically do the fighting itself while your unhooking another fish or whatever. Having something 7-7 1/2 foot is better.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
I stopped by sportsman warehouse last night and was looking at some casting rods, Berkley has a AMP series rod 7’ medium moderate action for 30$ if anyone is interested.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I bought that setup from Scheels and love it. It's the medium moderate rod with the Quantam flip switch reel. As a few other have said, the flip switch reel is the ONLY way to go. Wade at Dakota Tackle has some of the Quantam reels. I try to buy as much stuff there as I can. Pretty sure his sale is still going on today and you could get 10% off the reel. I'm sure there are other brands that would have a medium moderate bouncer rod. If I buy another one, I'll plan to get it from Wade.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fleet has the omen and green fate 2 on sale from time to time for 50 bucks each 1/2 off. They may be a little stiff - but for the shit that is in devils --- they work.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have president #35 and cabela guide in 7' med action for my goto comb. My all around set up. Puts fish in the boat for me.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's always funny to hear guys slamming one method of fishing vs another. Some on here argue that a "GOOD" BB rod is not needed. Well I can tell you that no method "NEEDS" a high priced rod. Including Jigging ( Yeah I said it!) We fish some pretty tightly packed groups when jigging under some bridges. My brother out fishes everyone on our boat and all boats around us...every time.....WITH A ZEBCO 404!! I rarely out fish him jigging. I've been with him and there were times other boaters were checking him out to see what he was doing. Heard them say ore than once ...."he's got another one" So no one "NEEDS" that spendy rod. BUT I have them as many of you do too. I love my G-Loomis BB rod. I can feel the slightest of weed or bottom, and a bite feels like a shock in my arm. One thing that I think is a MUST in BB rods is having one finger on the rod blank!!!!. Most baitcasting rods will have a notch cut for your index finger to rest on the rod blank. I like it for jigging too

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBer = Knuckle Dragger

I'm not a knuckle dragger you pot smoking skateboarder!! ::boxing:: My legs are a lot longer then my arms. :;:muahahaI say whatever puts fish in the boat that's what I'm doin. :;:exactly

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What’s the deal with this new Scheels warranty policy? I hear it’s not lifetime anymore. Is this true on all the rods or just the cheap ones?

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s the deal with this new Scheels warranty policy? I hear it’s not lifetime anymore. Is this true on all the rods or just the cheap ones?
On an ice fishing rod I broke, I got like 80% of what I paid for the combo on a gift card. But then he only had to turn in the rod so he gave me the reel which I thought was pretty nice of them. That nicer reel replaced an older one I didn’t like. I feel like I came out ahead.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen scheels dropped the lifetime warranty to 3 years, I hope they drop rod prices as that is a big factor in warranty. Most rods have 100% markup or better so I have a feeling it messed with there profit margins.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76