Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats the head count?

- - - Updated - - -

3a6bb8345d892a7f853d020e08db121b.jpg
is there a CPR division?

what time is weigh-in?
You cheated.......lol Was the hamper big enough....lol...Nice

Since nobody is responding....guess they all passed out already....no results..nada word nothing.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He 100% changed the lure in the mouth before the picture.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My question is..........................what the hell is Royce wearing??? :;:huh

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nano baby... that pike never stood a chance

hand landed it, it had been so Enslowed by Nano’s strength

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Evidently not, because no one has posted results, pictures or videos of the shenanigans that went on. Better call law enforcement and EMS to check on them. ;:;rofl

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We departed at 9:15 to avoid deer in the dark.

Shortly prior to leaving, my poor wife was mooned by a heathen.

She’s now haunted.

Lou won. He and Rose can now claim Dynamic Duo status.

The food was top notch. KDM and his wife have been so kind and generous all these years. Thanks so much for what you two have done for the NDA crowd event after event.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Evidently not, because no one has posted results, pictures or videos of the shenanigans that went on. Better call law enforcement and EMS to check on them. ;:;rofl

I"m with ya Tikka...disappointed for the lack of not keeping the rest of us informed, just because we didn't make it, we get left in the dark??????? Only #Guy makes a post with a pic and thats it. smh

- - - Updated - - -

We departed at 9:15 to avoid deer in the dark.

Shortly prior to leaving, my poor wife was mooned by a heathen.

She’s now haunted.

Lou won. He and Rose can now claim Dynamic Duo status.

The food was top notch. KDM and his wife have been so kind and generous all these years. Thanks so much for what you two have done for the NDA crowd event after event.

Thanks #Guy.....see you posted that will was typing my post....lol Yes, KDM and his wife have done superb over these years hosting this event!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
20190726_222518.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks KDM for all the work you and your wife put in. Had a great time as usual, the food and hospitality was top notch as always, and nobody got eaten by the herd of chickens.
LBrandt thank you for the goodies.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now that I've recovered from the final episode of "these are the bullheads of your life", here's how it looked..... We had 16 hungry and thirsty folks show up for the Friday meat burn and many a cold beverage was consumed and much meat was burned. There were steaks, brats, and chops along with a veggie dish that needed the oven before it was ready to eat and the evening fire was enjoyed by all. Some images for you viewing pleasure...

DSC03001.jpg

For Saturdays event we had 13 hardy souls participate and filled Fort KDM quite nicely, but I still had room for more. The weather for both days couldn't have been nicer with temps in the low 80's with slight breezes and partial cloud cover. Participants were able to sit all around the fire in the evenings as the smoke and sparks went straight up. It was gloriously enjoyable. The view of Fort KDM.

DSC03095.jpg

DSC03096.jpg

Secret bullhead spots were PIRATED, PILLAGED, and OUTRIGHT STOLEN by numerous overzealous seekers of that Brindle Gold. There were no fisticuffs, but talk of caged bullheads, baiting, and other nefarious activities were passed around by the participants during and after the event, but no charges were filled. There was however, an overabundance of smoked meats to fill in the mostly liquid diet of many of this years Jedimaster hopefuls. In honor of the sendoff event I smoked 43 lbs of pork leg roasts and a 7 lb chicken. It was NOT icky.

DSC03087.jpg

However, nobody really wants to hear about the weather, the accomodations, or the food. ON TO THE FISH>>>>

The biggest white bass AND bluegill went to fargocatman who lacked the courage to brave the high seas of lake ashtabula and instead hit his new secret spot (my secret spot) on my beloved Sheyenne river to nab his winning prizes. Smart Guy (Grin)

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

His winnings weren't without challenge though. A hard charging bluegill aficionado by the name of jeff (Buddy of ColAngus), made a full frontal assault on the lead with a massive sprint to the finish, entering a buster of a bluegill to make this category exciting. In the end, his brute bluegill fell to fargocatmans skills and river savy, but is worthy of an honorable mention.

DSC03021.jpg

Shed no tears for Jeff on his narrow, almost transparent loss to fargocatman in the bluegill category, for he made a monumentous splash in the crappie category with a colossal crappie that was of such size that even the most snobbish of walleye purists were forced to take note. Hats off to this panfish perfectionist. Well Done!!

DSC03032.jpg

The perch category was dominated by ColAngus when he produced a pudgy, prodidious, and pretty piece of perch perfection. Proving that perch pontification is in his premier perview. That and it was the only perch caught.

DSC03037.jpg

The other species of fish proved to elusive for the anglers as there were no entries into the categories of smallmouth, pike, or walleye. More's the pity. So.......on the the main event.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

In total, 69 bullheads were captured by this years seekers of Jedi mastery. History in the making, and those not in attendance can count themselves as lesser men for missing the epicness. Sizes of these cherished chips of wiskered cheekyness ranged from miniscule to truly titanic. We will start from the bottom and work our way up. Coming in with a bullhead so small, that talk of seine nets, kids bedroom fish bowls, and other captive growing techniques were discussed, is our own luvcatchinbass. In a shameless display of microbullheadness that defies description. Only his uncanny ability at avoiding catching big fish, of any kind, throughout his life, could have prepared himself for the triumph of victory he so richly deserves. Only a man as devoid of fishing prowess could have accomplished this lofty and prominent accolade. Congratulations on catching the.....minibullhead!! In honor of this momentous event, he was awarded the NUT cup tropy. Which stands for Nice U Tried..to be the bullheadmasterjedi......but fell a wee bit short. (Grin)

DSC03039.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

The largest bullhead for this years shindig was a, no kidding PIG of a whisker fish. The skilled angler to successfully wrangle this beast is a good friend from my military days affectionately known as "Erkie". He has attended many jedimaster events, but this year showed the world his, up until now, hidden prowess with the brindles of ashtabula. He knuckled down, took the latest lake information, wind conditions, water temps and clarity, light penetration data, moon phase, scoured the last 5 years of bullhead tourney results, aquired the latest most technologically advanced fishing line, rod, reel, hooks, and the best sinkers money can buy and then borrowed a rod and fished where he was told. Congratulations Erkie on your 1.3 lb behemoth bullhead!!

DSC03067.jpg

This years title of Bullheadmaster Jedi belongs to Lou63 for lassooing 12.3 lbs of bullhead beautifusness. He repelled numerous honeyhole pirates, endured wake after wake of jealous lake jumpers, expertly defended his honeypot of bridle bounty from all interlopers (including his wife and son) to successfully take the crown. He did however, keep his secret bait selection all to himself (worms) and surupticiously camoflaged his movements to and from his secret location (used a boat with GIANT SHARK TEETH on it), jealously guarded the location of his huge schools of brindle bounty (SW corner of the ashtabula crossing in 12 ft of water), kept a low profile (waved to everyone who passed by) in his effort to secure glory among bullheaders everywhere. ALL HAIL THE NEW BULLHEADMASTERJEDI!!! Congratulations!!!

DSC03090.jpg

With the passing of an era, I'll leave you all with a few momentos of the occaision. Thank You to all those in attendance and a special thanks to those who brought goodies and food or sent gifts and prizes. Brian Renvile of Double Barrel Saloon, LBrandt, CampChef, and Vollmer. Without their support, this event would not be as great as it was. It's been a tremendous pleasure to host this event for the past 9 years and would like to Thank all those who've taken the time to participate in this extremely entertaining endeavor over the years. Hope to see you all on the water sometime. This is KDM and Mrs. KDM, hosts of the Bullhead Tourney Extraordinaire, signing out.

DSC03076.jpg

DSC03009.jpg

Last edited:

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I have to say is it takes a certain refined skill to get a hook in them micro bullheads, many will quickly become frustrated.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM---AWESOME write up!!!!! You, my friend are the man.

Congrats Lou!!! You made the west side of the state proud...lol Good Job.

Last edited:

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
We made it home before 7 pm last night and with the wind I do not think we passed by a single gas station. Many thanks to the Host and Hostess for another wonderful time, food was wonderful and the company was even better. Those that failed to make it you missed a great time with great people.

and yes I was in my stealth boat

37100797_2210741399156394_2495871651086860288_n.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82