New State record

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
So there’s so many fish piled up in there that you accidentally snag more that you legitimately catch? What are the odds that after all this attention and guys ratting each other out that this place gets shut down?

It's that way many places in the spring.

We were somewhere else last weekiend and we snagged at least half of the fish we caught. Northerns & Walleyes.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
i find it ironic that the people up in arms over this are the exact same people that were doing the same thing this guy was and standing right next to him doing it. They become the ethics police when the fortune didn't fall to them.
exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
We looked it up in the NDG&F proclamation that any fish that is foul hooked must be released in any condition. I wonder how many companies are going to try and buy his fish? And wonder how much he would get for it? I would think that Scheels or Cabelas would.

I think the going rate for a quality taxidermist is around $22 per inch so @ 32.5" = $715. Replicas are basically the same price as skin mounts. So Scheels could get a 16lb 9oz walleye mount in the store for $715

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
QUOTE=westwolfone;248244]It's that way many places in the spring.

We were somewhere else last weekend and we snagged at least half of the fish we caught. Northerns & Walleyes.[/QUOTE] Wonder what the mortality rate is of these snagged fish, and if they get spawned out? Doesn't seem very sporting to me.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Green Bay last week was great. Only allowed to keep 1 fish. We kept none and saw none kept. All pic and release. Was a mix of pre and post spawn fish.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard that Mueller was just assigned to this.

Expect a report in 2 years.

1FCF5EFB-5C84-4427-8E84-060A07477876.jpeg

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
it just seems like anything is possible when a guy is out with a rod/reel in hand and pointy hook on the other end ... I mean seems like more could happen then sitting staring at a computer screen ???

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
All this "he snagged it" talk is why I think If I ever catch the state record walleye, I'll put it on a scale, look at the number.. Then put her back in the water and happily watch her swim away.
Seems much more satisfying than being the center of a bunch of unwanted social media hate that seemingly comes up no matter what.

Honored Member
All this "he snagged it" talk is why I think If I ever catch the state record walleye, I'll put it on a scale, look at the number.. Then put it in the water and happily watch it swim away. Seems much more satisfying than being the center of a bunch of unwanted social media hate.

Their is no hate. We just want to know the truth!! HaHa!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I ever catch a state record, I’m going to Ahab it with a 6oz daredevil danglin from the dorsal fin. In fact, I’m just going to pose with all my fish this way from now on so when I sna- er, um catch the big one they’ll say, “he poses with all his fish that way. It’s the Bed Wetter signature pose.” Lure on the dorsal fin is the only way to pose!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67