New State record

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was discussing this with a friend and one of the things mentioned that makes a lot of sense was: If a guy nets a state record walleye, a typical first reaction would be celebration and maybe some Top Gun high fives. After that you would remove the hook and weigh. I know my first reaction wouldn’t be removing the jig from its position as soon as it is netted. I am no detective, but I have the Columbo box set. They have at least some ground to ask for “one more thing”.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard he gave a degeneration x crotch chop as soon as it was in the net. Camera guy missed that in hd

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard he gave a degeneration x

crotc chop as soon as it was in the net. Camera guy missed that in hd

I " heard" from a friend that knows you well since childhood.
Said you got got " phucking chickens"

Tis what I heard;:;popcorn

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was discussing this with a friend and one of the things mentioned that makes a lot of sense was: If a guy nets a state record walleye, a typical first reaction would be celebration and maybe some Top Gun high fives. After that you would remove the hook and weigh. I know my first reaction wouldn’t be removing the jig from its position as soon as it is netted. I am no detective, but I have the Columbo box set. They have at least some ground to ask for “one more thing”.

I had a somewhat similar conversation and thought when I first saw the video. First thing is the video I saw is short and doesn't capture the actual net job or where the net guy is walking in relation to the guy who caught it. So with just that short clip it is hard to draw a full conclusion. A guy really needs to see the entire sequence.

If the fish was netted downstream of the angler and the clip is immediately after the netting and the guy is walking toward the angler who is back up stream, there seems to be no reason at all that someone would remove the jig from the fish (or net) at that point in mid stride. Just doesn't seem natural and adds suspicion.

Now if the fish was laying or thrashing in the net for awhile, or already handled sometime before the clip, or even the angler's position might have been causing the net guy to trip over the line or something like that I could see wanting to remove the hook.

Its even difficult to conclude this is the exact fish. I have heard of many other 10lb# and over fish being caught in the same hole.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still nothing for the G & F?!? Very strange. Not looking good for snagzilla.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still nothing for the G & F?!? Very strange. Not looking good for snagzilla.

Or, G&F is confident in their current ruling and will announce that the record stands, sometime in July when fish are a lot less concentrated.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am guessing not enough evidence to prove either way
I would bet that's probably going to be the case. You would think if he's trying to purposely fool people he would have been smart enough to know to stick the hook in the roof of the mouth at some point between being caught and being weighed so that no matter what they're still a hole there instantly throwing any questions about it into the land of unprovable Rumor Mill forevermore.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would be silly....

- - - Updated - - -

My comment was referring to SDMF

- - - Updated - - -

If there isn’t enough evidence one way or the other the record stands. Why not say so?

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're just letting the storm filter out before nobody really gives a damn anymore and just wants it to be over and done with I'm guessing..

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would be silly....

- - - Updated - - -

My comment was referring to SDMF

- - - Updated - - -

If there isn’t enough evidence one way or the other the record stands. Why not say so?

Because there'll be a lot less wailing, moaning, and gnashing of teeth if they just let things settle down.

The explanation starts @ about :38Sec mark:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I doubt the GFP will ever respond. The declared a record and that's it....done.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member

And honestly, that's fine with me. This record affects nearly none of us anyhow.

I guess, all told, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I've caught many catch-and-release fish, and have never turned in a single one, to get my name in the paper. Nor any whoppers.

My biggest eye to date was tagged, and back in it went. (THAT part was stupid, but...)

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would be a little strange again. Say you’re investigating then say nothing. At least tell us if Meuller is on it and it’s gonna take a few years.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I didn't realize or see anything about an investigation. I thought is was a rumor and facebook talk.

HUNTFISHND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Capture.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109