New State record

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just come clean man . He got excited and lost his head over a fish but now is the time to come clean

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did anyone not read that report?!? Gibbs(the net man) said he never seen the hook in the mouth, the line was not wrapped around the fish and he pulled the hook out of the back. Done deal...

Blitzkrieg

Founding Member
Founding Member
What he did was put his friend in a very tough situation for some glory. Pretty shameful in my opinion.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just come clean man . He got excited and lost his head over a fish but now is the time to come clean

And lied so he maybe could get Northland tackle pro staff hat and $5 pack of twister tails and name on a piece of paper

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gibbs said he netted it tail first

Which should be end of story . He took it illegally. G&f could have confiscated it but gave him a break . He should just admit what he did and move on. He’s not first guy to get caught up in the moment over a fish

Blitzkrieg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Should take the fish. Guy south of Fargo accidentally snares a mountain lion and they confiscate it. He tried to hide nothing. This guy gets to keep his illegal catch after being nothing but dishonest. Go figure.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^^^^^ This, if they determined this fish was taken illegally then take the fish and fine the guy. There is no in between. Either it is or it isn't a state record.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Witness statements are conflicting and unclear. If the video doesn’t show us shit, you must acquit.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What he did was put his friend in a very tough situation for some glory. Pretty shameful in my opinion.
His buddy who netted it didn’t say a word to him that it was snagged in the video. How would you handle it when your buddy finally tells you it was snagged on your way to weigh it in? At that point you can’t go back and release it. There is a ton of eye witnesses that saw the new record get caught so how do you just keep this catch secret so you don’t get in trouble? You could act like it was legally caught and deny deny deny or you can admit it was snagged after already keeping the illegal catch essentially turning yourself in for a crime. He is going to have to partially blame his buddy, but that is there first question he should have asked his buddy because the majority of fish were being snagged and should know that is illegal.

Unfortunate but we know this record still may not stand for long.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll bet the guy with the 15# walleye who retains the current record feels guilty as hell right now because he knows he snagged his too. Oh well, no harm no foul(hook)!

- - - Updated - - -

(I’m just funnin’ but what if????)

Blitzkrieg

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am thinking his net guy did not have to tell him it was snagged. He already knew when it came in sideways.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am thinking his net guy did not have to tell him it was snagged. He already knew when it came in sideways.

...and I think neither one of them gave a shit, just like anyone else. They see the biggest walleye they’ll ever see in 5 lifetimes and you’re not pausing to ask, “wait, before we bring the missing link of walleyes on shore, should we confirm that it’s properly hooked first?” Yaaaaaa NOPE

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Could he really see it that well from where he was? He should know by the way it took off downstream but maybe he didn’t realize it at that time?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gibbs said he netted it tail first
This doesnt mean alot from a shore fishing with current perspective. I caught (mouth-hooked) a 12.34lb eye a few summers ago shore fishing. The current pulled the fish towards shore so we moved down stream with it. My brother netted the fish downstream of me and it was a side/tail first net job as I had the head of the fish pointed upstream at the time. ...... from a boat... sure head first. From shore with semi- strong current generally the net man is under the fish coming back upstream towards it.

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
This doesnt mean alot from a shore fishing with current perspective. I caught (mouth-hooked) a 12.34lb eye a few summers ago shore fishing. The current pulled the fish towards shore so we moved down stream with it. My brother netted the fish downstream of me and it was a side/tail first net job as I had the head of the fish pointed upstream at the time. ...... from a boat... sure head first. From shore with semi- strong current generally the net man is under the fish coming back upstream towards it.

Dude, you snagged that F’er didn’t you!?! Now it all makes sense! I knew there’s no way you could catch a walleye that big! Thank you mr Volk for shedding some light on this two year mystery!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75