New State record

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope that was no ones favorite super secret spot, because now the Hmongs know about it. As Dave Chappell/ Prince would say, “Game; Blouses.”

- - - Updated - - -

Videos are dangerous. Look at how the Magic Bullet was uncovered in the Kennedy assignation. The proof is in the pudding folks.

Blitzkrieg

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eyeexer. Pretty sure the witness statements in the report said they seen it coming in sideways and they snagged a few fish before this one.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
were you tired enough about it to give negative rep, to the speakers of the truth haha:;:duel

?? Not a chance. I don't believe I've ever given a neg rep - and I've had good reason to..

- - - Updated - - -

you jealous bastards - he’s innocent until we hear otherw....

never mind :)

My head is down. Eyes averted..

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
After reviewing the entire report and supporting video evidence, I've come to the following conclusions:

1. There was no Russian collusion
2. Volk's endorsement deal with Moxi is in serious jeopardy
3. The kid who shot the video should be inducted into the ND fishing hall of fame for cracking the case, but should not pursue a career in videography
4. Volk and Gibbs will not be fishing the Governor's Cup together

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your reading comprehension sucks. Gibbs said it was hooked in the back.
in any of the pictures did you see any sign of the fish having a hook stuck in it's back? If you did I def. missed it. There were clear high quality pictures of both sides that I've seen. I would have to believe it would have left a very noticeable mark.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your reading comprehension sucks. Gibbs said it was hooked in the back.

mark_harmon___leroy_jethro_gibbs_ncis_by_silverfox2159-d7hks98.jpg

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
If you go to inforum, there is the entire G&F investigation and video . Pretty much lays it all out

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
in any of the pictures did you see any sign of the fish having a hook stuck in it's back? If you did I def. missed it. There were clear high quality pictures of both sides that I've seen. I would have to believe it would have left a very noticeable mark.

that’s never been my experience - it’s often just a pinhole after removal

the snag occurred and held because it was placed in very tough tissue - that’s why it stayed hooked up in the first place

if a tear/gash occurs that means the hook is no longer capable of holding

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its actually kinda surprising how many fish a guy snags jig fishing (atleast ime) now that i think about it. Its definitely several a year for me.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

What do the pictures matter? The guy that netted it said in his sworn affidavit that the fish was snagged. What more evidence do you need?

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 2 cents...

I think theres a hell of a lot of jealousy fueling this debacle.

Seems all this ramshackle gaggle of people down there ALL saw everyone else snagging away like crazy, yet.... of course anyone who provided a statement of course was as pure as the driven snow.

If all that snagging was going on.... why didnt any of rhese fine upstanding anglers call in reports to the RAP line?

All those statements seem very righteous in their assuredness of the only way fish could be caught was by snagging... yet have no problem sliding right into the guys prime spot to as soon as he leaves... to do what?... they stated nobody was able to legally catch a fish so they just sat there?...

The manner in with the GFgestahpo crawled up this deputies supervisors insinuating involvment of a crime...... well no wonder he took the compny line and just went with it...seems like some dubious at best tactics. After having the "investigator" calling his boss and being all wanna be cop, id basically do absolutely nothing to run the risk of any potential controversy.

This guy was probly so excited i bet he really cant tell you what happend right away, i bet everyone would be the same.... booing him.... come on what a. unch of trash, if they where all snagging they where just booing they didnt snagg the beast mama.

One thing is for certain the 50k walleye boat people were sure out for blood immediately when a lowly shore angler could have caught the record. Giess they dont have to feel their sparkly boat shame now.

What about the statement from the GF official who first certifies thebrecord???.... He or she had to have seen the fish?... di he not inspect for snag and drag marks?.... was there any competency here?

I dont know who knows, the video is as potato quality as the zapruder views of the grassy knoll. If had fish spit hooks in the net 100s of times, and times where they rehook a fin being handled around a net... who knows... id say its as good of a chance of foul hooked as fair

All i know is that if I catch a fish 16.2 ... im not going to risk public damnation due to jealousy of others, that mama bastard going right back in...
cause its not worth it and it wont be the biggest walleye landed in ND angling history.

Of course.... the easiest solution here is to eliminate the snagging/catching of reproducing females during spawn and close the season.....

but then what reason would we have to get our sparkly 60k moneypits out so early?

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was fishing elsewhere that weekend and everyone was snagging them there too.

No one was doing it on purpose, just jig fishing in dirty water. And I didn't see anyone keeping them.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still don't understand why the GNF didn't file a search warrant to get the fish and actually examine it. Apparently they don't care if he broke the law or not. It's like they half assed it. It's nothing more then he said she said at this point and who do you believe.

Glad I'm not personally involved and hope to never be in a situation like this either. A stupid record is not worth having your name drug thru the mud and hung by the social media lynch mob.

- - - Updated - - -

that’s never been my experience - it’s often just a pinhole after removal

the snag occurred and held because it was placed in very tough tissue - that’s why it stayed hooked up in the first place

if a tear/gash occurs that means the hook is no longer capable of holding
If it's true that the video everyone says is the net man pulling the hook out of it's back I'd think there would clearly be a visible wound there. Not sure why GNF did not get a search warrant to examine the fish.

leier12

During the weekend I was fishing the Heart River. I started the adventure on friday afternoon. I was unable to fishing the hot spot (the ole snagging hole) so i settled fishing down stream from them along a current seam. My buddy and I were hammering them, all but one fish was mouth hooked. We continued fishing this spot saturday morning and evening. We were only able to manage 2 fish over 6lbs, one being close 10. On sunday i showed up shortly after the potential state record was caught. I ended up sneaking my way into the ole snagging hole. Fishing had def slowed down there compared to the previous 2 days but there were still some walleye being caught, and by caught i mean every walleye brought into shore from the snagging hole was snagged. I saw a total of 14 caught that night not a single one mouth hooked, including 2 10+lbers that i personally netted. After reviewing the video, reading the game and fish's investigation findings, and from personal experience, there is no doubt in my mind that fish was hooked in the back

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still get a kick out of the few guys defending the snagger. Whaat more evidence do you need? Commonsense isnt all that common anymore is it....

Oh, and the dipshit still saying people are jealous... I am not. I just like record books to not be tainted by cheaters... I guess if you dont have ethics frozen4souix that is your problem. Dont make it about people being jealous. SMH

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67