New State record

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds to me the cop is the only one telling the truth.

After he pulled the jig from the back of the fish, celebrated with his bud and later recanted to still be able to wear the badge.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Not defending Volk, just want to hear a good story.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
in any of the pictures did you see any sign of the fish having a hook stuck in it's back? If you did I def. missed it. There were clear high quality pictures of both sides that I've seen. I would have to believe it would have left a very noticeable mark.
5ABF2A01-CC7B-4A81-A9B6-FCC8B7002A26.jpg13740B92-34DD-48D8-9B72-19F32A567E29.jpg
Please tell me you can see that object that he bends down to rip out of its back with his pliers..

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive HEARD that this fish is in the possession of G&F, so all you guys crying about him keeping it can quit stressing...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I HEARD that he and his family fried it up with some shore lunch and a nice pinot. Fed the whole family, all the way down to the 3rd cousins.

I heard they went up to New Johns/Canals the next day, caught a huge musky and pickeled them together.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I will have to wear a body cam next time I go fishing for the big ones. I will also have to dig out my Webelo hanky to wear around my neck.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
During the weekend I was fishing the Heart River. I started the adventure on friday afternoon. I was unable to fishing the hot spot (the ole snagging hole) so i settled fishing down stream from them along a current seam. My buddy and I were hammering them, all but one fish was mouth hooked. We continued fishing this spot saturday morning and evening. We were only able to manage 2 fish over 6lbs, one being close 10. On sunday i showed up shortly after the potential state record was caught. I ended up sneaking my way into the ole snagging hole. Fishing had def slowed down there compared to the previous 2 days but there were still some walleye being caught, and by caught i mean every walleye brought into shore from the snagging hole was snagged. I saw a total of 14 caught that night not a single one mouth hooked, including 2 10+lbers that i personally netted. After reviewing the video, reading the game and fish's investigation findings, and from personal experience, there is no doubt in my mind that fish was hooked in the back

Thanks for the info. Did you ever see a warden sniffing around? Do you or anyone else have any idea why, with all the snagging going on and it being public knowledge, why didn't a warden just make his presence known there just to keep people following the law?

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did show up...the next day after this mess.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nowhere did I defend the angler.
I dont know what happened.

I just think the process of all these "anglers" playing snag-me-an-egg-filled-trophy , and than screaming when someone snags the biggun is pathetic.

The really poor infestigation and certification work done by the first officer and the investumigashun team as well as the PR work was pathetic.

Needing your name in a book next to a big fish to validat ur manhood is pathetic.

The quality of the video is pathetic... fairly certain I see a sasquatch walking in the background, (a known snagger btw)

And yes.... the vile jealousy... this thing is soaked in is very pathetic.

I say put astricks by any record walleye as of late.
The last 3...
Found dead on shore.
Full of eggs in spawn (but in boat so ok)
Full of eggs in spawn (had a hook somewhere?)

Just reset the damn record if it means so much to everyone. Close the spawn and then battle it out to see who can be the biggest great fisher of glory.

Good lord in the video if the net guybwould have just said hey man its foul, put er back, all good, why didnt he?

Did the angler even see it?... What a shitty position to put a guy in. Obviously net guy knows the truth. He might be the only one, if it was fair, the peanut gallery of opinions emailed in and questioning makes him look suspicious... if he says foul... it all goes away for him. Easy choice when thats the options.

If there no hook damage in tail or back or fin each of which area people "swore" to gf they know it was exactly there... in all three places... at the same time...
Dude should just post those pics of the fish with no damage... drop the mic and put the damn thing on his wall.

All the while knowing he caught the biggest walleye in ND recorded history.

If theres a dang hole and marks, hey dafuq net guy why didnt u say something?.. Give the fish to gf and let them mount it for their office, put a replica on the wall, and wash ur hands of it all.

calling people dipshit because the jealousy tag hit a bit close to home is a pathetic you'll have to deal with in your own way. Good Luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I just cant get over this crowd of "anglers" snaggin for days with ZERO calls to game and fish.

It was all "everyone else not me"... hes unethical.

If it wasnt for jealousy, the gaggle of snaggers wouldnt have emailed a thing.

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many in every ten regular fisherpeople in the state have ever even read the proclimation beyone the line limits and catch limits? Heck most of them probably only knew that because they asked someone. I know all of us on here in all our high and mighty glory know every word of the proclimation but I'd be willing to bet releasing fish hooked behind the gill plate on a keeper doesn't even cross most folks' mind let alone have the knowledge that it's illegal.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen someone get all excited once at channel a because a guy caught a walleye on the side of the gill plates and he convenced the man it was snagged so he released it.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I caught a big female that way pushing 12 lbs , hooked her in the tail. She barely put up a fight she was so pooped from her trip up river. Took a pic and let her swim...you should heard the dipshit comments from the other shore guys saying I was nuts for letting her go. And it was even worse watching the knuckleheads casting everything they had at her as she swam away from both sides of that river, it was sad.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I caught a big female that way pushing 12 lbs , hooked her in the tail. She barely put up a fight she was so pooped from her trip up river. Took a pic and let her swim...you should heard the dipshit comments from the other shore guys saying I was nuts for letting her go. And it was even worse watching the knuckleheads casting everything they had at her as she swam away from both sides of that river, it was sad.

Good Man. I would have done the same thing. Caught a big one last spring, mouth hooked, and it was even tagged. Took a few pics and it swam away.

PS, to others: saying that any of this mess was the net guy's fault, is just stupid - and I don't use that word lightly.

Imagine you caught a 16+ fish, and your net guy unhooks it and dumps it back in. Tells you, "yeah bruh, sorry, but it was foul, so I abided, and let it be..". A lot of people would put that guys head on the wall instead. Or you net the fish for a bud, or even a stranger, and then say "umm, yeah, I'm gonna call G and F to turn it in.

The responsibility lies with the angler, not any others. He is the one, whether he was sure or not, who has to decide to tell the truth or not. Ignorance is no excuse, in the eyes of the law.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
#$%^&>:;:thumbsup

Last edited:

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not gonna lie, if I was just an average joe walking over from the trailer park carrying my ugly stick to do some work in the snag hole there it might have been hard to let her go! ha ha
Its a lot easier when you've caught and released several bigger.

Us peasants aren’t worthy of your greatness

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do the pictures matter? The guy that netted it said in his sworn affidavit that the fish was snagged. What more evidence do you need?
because I don't really trust anybody anymore.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75