Keeping big pike

Coldfront

Established Member
How about all the big pike that get speared every year? Can't release those! I keep a couple 5 to 6# every year to eat ( better than walleye) and throw the rest

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m just curious if many would support some kind of limit on keeping bigger pike. Say 1 fish over 30” or maybe 35”? I was shore fishing yesterday and some of what I saw just sickened me. People stringering 12-18 lb pike. Picking me up by the eyes, rolling them in the dirt, etc. I’m cool with people keeping the 3-6 lb fish but keeping those big old girls just drives me nuts. I know there a fair number of folks who consider pike as trash, but chasing those big pike is one of my favorite types of fishing.
I’m just wondering how folks feel about this.
I’m of the general feeling of letting the big ones become trophy’s but I don’t think the pressure on pike on Sak is anywhere near what the walleye pressure is. Spring is about the only time I see guys actually keeping pike and I would bet that the harvest doesn’t not affect how many fish grow to 20# plus. I agree with the handling of pike and if you are not going to keep it then don’t grab by the eyes.

Now don’t get me started on people keeping 5-8# walleyes......

Founding Member
Founding Member
We only keep as many as we can drag on sak..
FB_IMG_1522667850563.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66