Heskett plant

vlak

I wonder if it would be possible to put a boat ramp in after they close heskett down? It would be nice to not have to drive 14 miles south of town to use a public boat ramp on the mandan side

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
They aren't closing heskett, they are converting the second unit to natural gas.

Flannel

I tried Heskett over the weekend! Water was much lower than I thought it would be, still pretty cool temp too. Spent about 90 minutes trying cranks and jigs and got nothing to show for it. There's way more garbage down there than fish right now. Disappointing

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They aren't closing heskett, they are converting the second unit to natural gas.
95% of what's there will undoubtedly be torn down so much of that area will become open although still owned by the power company I would assume. Not sure how much push there would be to have a second ramp on the same point in the river. It does have that nice little bay just downstream of the riprap. Biggest problem may well be the lack of room between the ramp and the train tracks as well as the substantial amount of dirt that would have to be removed .

- - - Updated - - -

Is there still a warm water discharge down there.
Right now yes in the future no.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75