HB 1021 - "The Database" End-Around

Livetohuntandfish

Established Member
"I think mostly landowners are tired of people that don't have two licks of common sense doing little things and they don't realize how a bunch of people doing a bunch of "little" things can eventually add up to a big thing. Stuff like cars parked in the way for field equipment , Gates left open ,garbage dumped , target shooters shooting at old cars and farm equipment, Grab a few parts off an old car that nobody is using, Cut a couple trees for firewood since there are so many etc. It's all real stuff and it happens ."

This is the problem. How is passing this bill going to stop ANY OF THIS? ;:;banghead

I agree with this post. some mornings I’ll come on here and read what you “outdoorsman” have to say. I’m a farmer and hunter. From what I read
Every time I go on this site I’m more for the no trespass bill. THERE is obviously no respect for farmers and you guys look at us as your enemy’s. How can you respect our land if you don’t respect us. For me the two go hand and hand. This bill I truly beleive started because the oilfield but I think groups like this and others have shown there cards and have shown why we need this bill. Someone driving around that doesn’t respect the land owner “farmer” sure as hell isnt going to respect his land, posted or not posted. Maybe while you guys all sit on your computers all pissy and hurt, maybe you need to re-evaluate how you treat people that you need to enjoy your sport.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where are you getting that farmers are being disrespected?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel the frustration , I have no idea what's even in the bill and I don't think anyone else does either at this point. Like I say though , Some areas are prone to problems and some areas not. I don't have an answer but I'd rather try to come up with a workable solution for areas with problems rather than argue if there is or isn't a problem . So many rumors and crap flying around that it's nuts, Quite a few people on both sides claim to know the problem is or isn't but I'm not seeing many trying to hash out a solution. One thing we need here is more LEO's during deer season , Our county is huge and only one game warden . Or work it out so you can put trail cams to better use for law enforcement . All it would take is a few prosecutions and the fear factor will change things for the better but unless you do a citizen's arrest they will be gone before LEO gets out here. . A landowner can't be everywhere at once or stay home and babysit the place either. I had never thought about calling sheriff for hunting violations but wish I would have known all along. Troublemakers are sneaky buggers and they know how to get away . Just thinking out loud here, sometimes that's what it takes to find a solution.

I get to Fargo area once in a while and like to drive around the backroads and watch the farmers/crops and surprised how few vehicles there are down there on the backroads. Hard to imagine that when my area there's people driving the backroads constantly.

Livetohuntandfish

Established Member
Where are you getting that farmers are being disrespected?

Yes I am. I live and farm in an area that if your a hunter and hunt in that area I probably have seen you or talked to you. Over the years instead of hunters waving or stopping to talk and ask permission it has gotten to where they either try to sneak on land or else look the other way and drive by. I don’t know if it’s generational or what but over the last 5 years I’ve rarely had a knock on my door. There’s an obvious hate for farmers out there, I’m not saying we are all good apples, some I don’t respect at all along with you guys. Comments on here about farmers are terrible. Most make us look like we are your enemy’s and for what reason.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure what area you mean, if I did see you I guarantee I at least gave you a wave. Everyone gets a wave on a gravel road.

I don't think there's hate for farmers. There may be some comments on here that rub you the wrong way, but that's just someone on the internet. Imagine reading similar comments about hunters in emails from legislators, or hearing them on the house or senate floor.

I could ask why all of a sudden hunters are seen as the farmers enemy as well? I absolutely do think its a generational thing. My grandpa never posted his land, he'd shoot the shit and eat his lunch with whoever was out there popping ducks. My uncle was the same except posted the stuff around his house and that was it. Now that he's getting out, his son posts everything solid and nobody gets on. Hates when people even slow down to look at a flock of birds. No real reason why. I post my land, but let people on if nobody is out there. Only problem I've had with property damage is bullet holes in the signs and the kids from the next farm over tore donuts in my food plot one spring. It was handled with an ass chewing (from his dad, not me). Don't need the government writing a bill to handle my business.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get to Fargo area once in a while and like to drive around the backroads and watch the farmers/crops and surprised how few vehicles there are down there on the backroads. Hard to imagine that when my area there's people driving the backroads constantly.

ha ha ha... that's because there's nothing BUT farmers/crops

pretty much ZERO habitat or wildlife - aside from some waterfowl

I'm not sure why hunters get roped in with criminals, vandals and jerks. I don't know a single "jerk" hunter - they're all salt of the earth respectful people.

I guess it's simply the age of labeling and tribalism - I see it happening in all aspects of our lives so I suppose it's only natural that it spills over into hunting/fishing

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was parked on a very public road glassing public land (never got out of the truck) and given the third degree by an adjacent landowner.

I will add that this was one instance and it does work both ways. 90+ % of both landowners and sportsmen are good decent people. It is that small percent that seems to screw things up for everyone.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we have a un edited fight club for this type of deal

nintchdbpict000248341744.jpg

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey since you are such a stickler for accuracy and accountability please provide evidence where this has actually happened, it can be video, texts, e-mails, or even a post on this site whatever you have . " when hunters tell landowners that there is no problem and to piss off."

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Obi , There are plenty of examples of hunters telling landowners there is no problem and to "piss Off" is a general blanket statement that I used to exemplify the meaning like "get out of here" of "go take a hike" It happens back and forth all the time from both sides of this issue Nothing more-Nothing less. If I was desperate I am pretty sure I could read through the thousands of face book posts . Either accept it for what it is or bad rep me or take it to PM but don't ruin another thread with BS arguing.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would NEVER tell a landowner to "go take a hike" etc....Jesus Christ talk about a good way to not hunt ANY private land in that area. Landowners talk to each other. Respect goes a long ways and opens more doors than anything. Anyone who would tell a land owner that is a complete piece of shit.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would NEVER tell a landowner to "go take a hike" etc....Jesus Christ talk about a good way to not hunt ANY private land in that area. Landowners talk to each other. Respect goes a long ways and opens more doors than anything. Anyone who would tell a land owner that is a complete piece of shit.

Maybe that's why I'm having trouble with this scenario. I don't really associate with anyone who steals from or would tell a landowner off, so I can't picture it happening.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guy,
I posed the same question to Fritz. I wish he could just be honest with all of us on what this is really about. What's in it for him and his crew? Do they hate sportsmen that much? A lot of questions behind this whole thing. How the hell do they get our legislators to buy into this narrative?

Fish On!

My position has not changed. SB 2315 should have reversed the presumption that all land is considered open and require permission to access private property, except for hunting, where designations of open or closed would be indicated on an electronic database.

Nonsense about me hating hunters is little more than trying to lure me back into these discussions.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree with this post. some mornings I’ll come on here and read what you “outdoorsman” have to say. I’m a farmer and hunter. From what I read
Every time I go on this site I’m more for the no trespass bill. THERE is obviously no respect for farmers and you guys look at us as your enemy’s. How can you respect our land if you don’t respect us. For me the two go hand and hand. This bill I truly beleive started because the oilfield but I think groups like this and others have shown there cards and have shown why we need this bill. Someone driving around that doesn’t respect the land owner “farmer” sure as hell isnt going to respect his land, posted or not posted. Maybe while you guys all sit on your computers all pissy and hurt, maybe you need to re-evaluate how you treat people that you need to enjoy your sport.

Landowners are not the enemy, but it is those loud few that are trying to dictate to all of us how land should be managed. They are the enemy because they want say over others land and frankly also want the sole say over public lands too. Sportsmen who respect others land are the ones who are affected by this bill the most.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol, nobody cares

But you did care enough to write this below posted by Davey in the other thread. Was that a private message to Davey or where did he quote that from?

• guywhofishes - 04-13-2019, 10:38 AM
  • so is Fritz just an insider for those that hate hunting access? Could somebody smarter than me tell me how this tangled web is weaved?​

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I care who you are and why you're here.

I don't care what you (supposedly) think because I don't trust you. You never answer questions related to your presence here.

So I am forced to assume that the only reason you're here is to stir up trouble like an old woman in a village. I would classify you as an agitator. You have an agenda unrelated to a personal connection to the outdoors and shooting/hunting/fishing.

- - - Updated - - -

also - Davey - please refrain from publicly posting our super duper secret private clubhouse discussions

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure wish we could somehow take a poll from all landowners that own/rent land in ND. Each would receive 1 vote whether you owned/rented 80 acres or 100,000 acres. The choices would be: keep it the same as has been for years, or we need to make changes. I personally think the majority of farmers/landowners/renters would be ok with the way it is. The problem I believe is, the minority of farmers/landowners/renters have the majority of the acres. I have no stats to back up the acres, but we all know the days of the mom and pop farms of a quarter or 2 are long gone. The farmers I have talked to have no issues with how it is, but also have said it would be nice not to have to repost. (Think metal posts/painting trees,etc.. when/where plausible) As far as the trespassing/damage/littering and so on, stiffer penalties,hefty fines,gun loss and PROSECUTION instead of dropped cases and hand slaps will hinder more than added LE.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think we can all agree that punishments in this state are lacking. Whether it be the protesters from a few years back, those over their limits on game etc.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 170
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77