RV Observation Cameras

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
What are you guys using for cameras on the back of your RV's? looking for one to back the fifth wheel up to the boat trailer, with out breaking the bank, also full time observation, there is some for a couple hundred bucks, but I worry you get what you pay for. or is there one out there that is a great deal and quality.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
On our last Raptor toyhauler that we had it came with a Garmin GPS with a rear camera and the picture showed on the GPS screen. It worked really well and was super clear. Only thing you had to leave the power switch on for the 5th wheel to get the camera to work.
Can't tell you the cost as it came with it when we ordered the 5th wheel.

Last edited:

eliminator

Honored Member
I added one on my truck for backing up to my boat. It is wireless so no wires to run and seems to work well for what I use it for. My camera is on my license plate on the back and just have to plug the unit into the cigarette lighter. This sells for less than a hundred dollars online. I am guessing you could mount the camera somewhere else than the license plate. I believe mine is a whistler.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mirrors and the wife guiding you when you are backing up = CHEAP! ;:;rofl

1850reata

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put the furrion one on mine and its awesome. Even has sound to turn up so you can hear the person guiding you back.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought a couple of wireless Peak camera's back about 8 or 9 years ago and they still work fine. Cost about $80 each back then. I mounted one on the inside of my flip up pickup topper door and just raise the door to see how the bumper and hitch line up. Put the other one on the inside of my flip up rear window on the old suburban and it works the same. One thing I will say about Peak is that they have awesome customer service. Don't know what the original warranty was but a couple of years after I bought them one of the camera's got moisture inside the lens and it fogged up and dust got in so you couldn't see the image any more. I called the company to see if I could buy a replacement camera because you couldn't open the lens to clean it without destroying the housing and the guy who answered the phone just asked me what model I had and said he would ship a new one no charge. Just about dropped the phone. Well about a week ago I noticed that the camera on the pickup topper window had fallen off and got all scratched up rolling around in the pickup box so I called the company again and same thing. The guy put one in the mail and I had it in 3 or 4 days no charge! Didn't even think they would still have parts for a unit that old. Best customer service experiences I've ever had.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been looking at the Furrion, good reviews, I am not sure about the 4.3 inch screen being to small with the camera at the top of the camper by the clearance lights, would I clearly see the boat hitch. and a bigger screen gets kinda spendy. hell the 4 inch is over $400, and that is what brought me here.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76