Big 3 Results are Out.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Notta. GNF must love all of our donations every year. What a joke this "once in a lifetime opportunity" is for us peasants who don't own land.

Nadda for me. So wait, serious question...land owner's can get more than one moose/elk in a lifetime?

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nadda for me. So wait, serious question...land owner's can get more than one moose/elk in a lifetime?

The way I understand it is they reserve a certain. Percentage of tags for land owners. They still have to be drawn but their pool is only the landowners who put in for gratis. So yes. They can draw multiple years but it usually works out like a badlands mule deer. Once ever so many years!

I may be totally wrong but this is how a landowner out there explained it to me

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way I understand it is they reserve a certain. Percentage of tags for land owners. They still have to be drawn but their pool is only the landowners who put in for gratis. So yes. They can draw multiple years but it usually works out like a badlands mule deer. Once ever so many years!

That's how I've had it explained to me as well. Brings up a good question though, do you earn pref points on those apps?

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member

That law needs to go and is total bullshit. If the tags weren't a once in a lifetime, I'd be ok with it. Have a neighbor who has land in an area and gets an elk every couple of years. That needs to change. My understanding is that the tag is unit wide and not just restricted to the tag holder's property.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
That law needs to go and is total bullshit. If the tags weren't a once in a lifetime, I'd be ok with it. Have a neighbor who has land in an area and gets an elk every couple of years. That needs to change. My understanding is that the tag is unit wide and not just restricted to the tag holder's property.

WOW

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is correct...and there are a certain number of landowners around the park that get a tag every single year...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is correct...and there are a certain number of landowners around the park that get a tag every single year...

Is this documented? I thought landowners applications went into the landowner's lottery - and the allotted landowner tags are distributed "randomly" like any other lottery?

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Law will never change. You take away them landowner tags a large portion of land will be locked up and NO access. GUARANTEED

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77