Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz your buddy Adam Schiff has nothing over on you. Every time there is a conservation effort you come up with scary stories. What was it you do again for the Farm Bureau? Mostly I remember something very bad about them and you proudly spoke up and said "I wrote that". Your just trying to help us though right?????

Everyone claims to be a Republican until the issue or creation of more public land comes up. Pheasants Forever is having their get together in Minneapolis. The speakers:

https://pheasantsforever.org/getmedia/6027d723-1ba1-42ca-a636-4f719f732de1/PublicLandsPavilion.aspx

Rep. Jamie Becker-Finn (democrat) is on the board of the MN clean water land legacy board. Sara Strommen is the head of the DNR. Land Tawney is democrat and used to head up Montana Sportsmen for Obama. Land Tawney's sister worked for DU and now works for the Montana Conservation Voters. Democrat:

https://mtvoters.org/about-us/montana-conservation-voters-staff/

PrairieGhost, you are a good Republican, until you're not...….

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz is on a different plane than I am. I never really understand what he’s driving at. Kinda unnerving actually.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
State and federal agencies belong to the people and provide a service to the people. They cannot use the people's money to lobby the people for even more money to expand their agencies. However, they do use their surrogates to do exactly that.

Uncle Jimbo: Do you like these non-profit non-governmental orgs DU, PF and way too many to name, beggaring the people for more money to buy more land expanding the holdings of federal and State agencies?

The wildlife industry likes to grow as surely as any business.

The orgs you mention survive by citizens voluntarily donating their money. They aren't holding a gun to anyone's head when they are "beggaring the people..." If people didn't feel strongly about ducks, pheasants, public land, etc these orgs wouldn't exist. If they want to continue receiving money from their members, they best stick to lobbying for the interests of their members.

How are those orgs different from ND Farm Bureau pushing for payments and legislation to help ag producers????

This thread has got off topic and I've been a part of that. I apologize and will keep it to the trespass issue at hand.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
PrairieGhost, you are a good Republican, until you're not...….
Thanks. I would not want to be known as a lock in step partisan. I like to think for myself. When the money worshiping side of republicans comes out I like to resist it. I cant resist it to the point of voting for the perverts, but I can point out the error the republicans make. There are those who think they are perfect, but sorry that's not me.

Edit: Both parties like welfare. It's only they don't agree on who should get it. Unfortunately its often the lazy on one side and already rich on the other side.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
State and federal agencies belong to the people and provide a service to the people. They cannot use the people's money to lobby the people for even more money to expand their agencies. However, they do use their surrogates to do exactly that.

Uncle Jimbo: Do you like these non-profit non-governmental orgs DU, PF and way too many to name, beggaring the people for more money to buy more land expanding the holdings of federal and State agencies?

The wildlife industry likes to grow as surely as any business.

I rather those non profit orgs buy the land and give it to the state than them sell it back to private outfits. I know DU is not in the business to own land. They want to spend money to restore the habitat, place an easement, and then sell it to private owners. They don’t want money tied up in ownership. ND should allow non profit ownership if they end up giving it to the state.

- - - Updated - - -

No gotcha game. It is a constant theme.Why can't the non-profit NGO's buy land in North Dakota?

Republican lawmakers in Minnesota are now considering adopting our North Dakota No Net Gain Law.

In the article above the preservationists claim the Minnesota Republic Party Platform has a resolution to repeal the MN clean water land and legacy amendment. That horse left the barn in 2008 and now out of state orgs are holding rally's at the Capitol to make sure the money keeps flowing into their coffers.

Anyway, this thread is about trespass signage and it was derailed by the we want more public land crowd.

The no trespass push has only increased the need for more public land. You can’t have it both ways.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The orgs you mention survive by citizens voluntarily donating their money. They aren't holding a gun to anyone's head when they are "beggaring the people..." If people didn't feel strongly about ducks, pheasants, public land, etc these orgs wouldn't exist. If they want to continue receiving money from their members, they best stick to lobbying for the interests of their members.

How are those orgs different from ND Farm Bureau pushing for payments and legislation to help ag producers????

This thread has got off topic and I've been a part of that. I apologize and will keep it to the trespass issue at hand.

So you believe your $20 dollar membership built that Ducks Unlimited building on Burnt Boat Drive, paid for all those brand new four wheelers in the back of those new pickups and paid for all the Farm Bill biologists who lobby Congress for ever more money? And your $20 helped pay for the $5.4 million DU dropped into Measure 5?

Doesn't pass the sniff test.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
In 2017 alone, ducks unlimited “total revenues approaching $224 million. Over 58,000 Ducks Unlimited volunteers organized 4,050 events which attracted over 577, million people”, so to jump in, no the $35 dollar membership doesn’t cover things like that. But that is what people are donating for, to give them a bigger voice to the government. But I don’t even know why I’m engaging in this. Clearly make your point or let’s try to remain on the topic of this trespass bill.​

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Clearly make your point or let’s try to remain on the topic of this trespass bill.​

The point is these threads get blown up by the same recurring theme. Why can't non-profits buy land?

eyexer says,
I really think sportsmen need to look hard at buying up land and take it out of production and make it into habitat. There are a lot of people that can afford this. We also need to look at any and all ways people can partner up and do this.

migrator responds,
If only non profits orgs could buy land then a person could start a group to focus on that. Right now only individuals can buy land so starting a hunt clubs may be difficult in ND.

The short answer is the voters rejected Measure 5. But then bravo says the reason the voters rejected it was because it was poorly written. A simple wave off. That is not what happened.

The long answer is not one person in North Dakota wrote one word into Measure 5. It was written by the National Wildlife Federation who then passed it to their regional director from Montana, Dave Dittloff who then drove to Bismarck getting 25 sponsors and submitted it to the Secretary of State. However, it wasn't a grass roots movement and sportsmen didn't carry the petition. Ducks Unlimited got involved and hired a Missouri firm to pay circulators to gather signatures.

The point bravo is we are at logger heads. Sportsmen are mad because certain landowners won't take no for an answer on the trespass signage issue and landowners are mad because certain sportsmen won't take no for an answer when it comes to inviting non-profits into our State who need the sportsmen's help acquiring more land.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
M&W Hunting Club south of Beulah is selling 640 acres at auction February 10th.

https://www.pifers.com/listing/640-a...iver-county-nd

I am unfamiliar with M&W Hunting Club and cannot speculate as to why they are divesting themselves of hunting land. Maybe Skeeter knows more about this Club.

640 acres in that area may fetch $1 million.

Have an update. The M&W land auction was Monday. One quarter sold for $2800 per acre. It had a turbine on it bringing in $18,000 per year. Wowzer.

Another quarter with good cropland brought $1500 per acre. The last two quarters with mixed grassland and cropland only brought about $950. I forgot about it and wasn't there.

My neighbor attended so I asked him what was M&W Hunt Club. He heard it was 5 good friends who purchased it together and now aren't friends anymore.

Well there goes that theory of several guys buying a piece of property jointly for hunting.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am assuming by turbine you mean a wind turbine that generates electricity. Best I have heard on the turbine payment is $3000 a year, this is on the ones south of Minot. If the $18000 is true, holy shit no wonder the government has to subsidize the electric company to make them pay. ;:;banghead

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have an update. The M&W land auction was Monday. One quarter sold for $2800 per acre. It had a turbine on it bringing in $18,000 per year. Wowzer.

Another quarter with good cropland brought $1500 per acre. The last two quarters with mixed grassland and cropland only brought about $950. I forgot about it and wasn't there.

My neighbor attended so I asked him what was M&W Hunt Club. He heard it was 5 good friends who purchased it together and now aren't friends anymore.

Well there goes that theory of several guys buying a piece of property jointly for hunting.

Fritz is right guys. One group couldn’t make it work. That means EVERYONE else won’t be able to make it either. Some farms/ranches make it, some don’t.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't forget about this

PC170514.jpg

Been getting a lot of post cards from these dipshits and how they voted on certain issues, they never bring up this bill though, I didn't forget and I'll bring it up every month to remind everyone. Those weasels are gonna gun-deck this thing right in front of our face.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76