Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
This bill makes it ILLEGAL to retrieve game from posted land if it was shot on open land.

This bill also makes shore fishing and shed hunting without permission illegal.

I don’t know what their intent is with all the trespass law changes and I don’t see how it will deter trespassing. I’m fine if they want to form the committee and study the issue but the changes to the law is unneeded

yeah what the fuck.....I better hope I literally double lung and heart every archery deer I shoot or this could cause problems..... what a fucking mess and blatant wanton waste of an animal....

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
51dC%2BmNEdpL.jpg

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I take hunting less and less for granted each year.

My daughter is three in June. Son will be six in September. He'll be coming with for a fourth season hunting. She's coming for her first. Likely we'll find some standing cattails and do a field setup for Canada geese in late August or early September. Brother will get to share all his knowledge with little sis and, if we're lucky, she'll get to drag her first honker back to the blind if dad connects. Afterward, we'll stop at the gas station for some snacks or breakfast pizza. And then they can both sleep the whole ride home.

I have a lifetime of memories from being outside. Yet, since I became a father, almost all of those have been surpassed by the few hunts I've taken him. I plan on loading up memories for all of us in the years to come. But I'm not kidding myself: There's very little chance they'll have the same opportunities I've had. All I can do is share my passions and hope they take root.

All we hear about is how kids these days are too hooked on electronics and don't spend enough time outside. Well, I'm trying my best. I guess we'll see what happens.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah what the fuck.....I better hope I literally double lung and heart every archery deer I shoot or this could cause problems..... what a fucking mess and blatant wanton waste of an animal....

Their goal is to get you and every other hunter/non-farmer off the landscape entirely. I bow hunt land adjacent to some seriously 'no-go' posted up TIGHT land that I've had to retrieve nearly a dozen deer off of over the years. The no-go land is literally within bow shot of a few stands. Two seasons ago my double lung (and some heart) shot buck still managed to cross the fence and died about 5 yards into the no-go parcel. If the new law was the law of the land on that day, I would've been able to walk up to the fence, count the eyelashes on my buck, but not retrieve it.

FYI - 100% chance the owner of the no-go land says NO when I call to ask if I can retrieve that deer.

What a waste, all around.

Again, their goal is to get you out of their countryside and off of their roads. This is not a property rights bill. They're doing whatever they can to get hunters/non-farmers off THEIR landscape.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe there some hope after all. Your contacts must be working. Just received 3 replies from the Senate for a no vote.

Is there a link for the video from the floor?

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Their goal is to get you and every other hunter/non-farmer off the landscape entirely. I bow hunt land adjacent to some seriously 'no-go' posted up TIGHT land that I've had to retrieve nearly a dozen deer off of over the years. The no-go land is literally within bow shot of a few stands. Two seasons ago my double lung (and some heart) shot buck still managed to cross the fence and died about 5 yards into the no-go parcel. If the new law was the law of the land on that day, I would've been able to walk up to the fence, count the eyelashes on my buck, but not retrieve it.

FYI - 100% chance the owner of the no-go land says NO when I call to ask if I can retrieve that deer.

Again, their goal is to get you out of their countryside and off of their roads. This is not a property rights bill. They're doing whatever they can to get hunters/non-farmers off THEIR landscape.

Welcome to Europe. "Lord, mayeth I access the kings land to forage for berries? Whatever pleases the crown!"

And oh yeah here's your fed crop insurance, tax breaks, and voting support over the decades.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most states you need permission to get a big game animal. Small game can be retrieved as long as you don’t bring a weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying right or wrong just how it is

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Email sent. Hopefully will hear back from one of them this time. All 3 did not reply to my previous emails, and all 3 have voted yes. District 6. Maybe it's time to clean house.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Most states you need permission to get a big game animal. Small game can be retrieved as long as you don’t bring a weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying right or wrong just how it is

Exactly our point. Makes no sense why small game can be retrieved but big game can’t. There is NO reason for this part of the law to be changed.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big game I understand makes it harder to shoot on one side of the fence and drag it back most small game is flying. I know here , Colorado and Idaho for sure you need permission to get big game

- - - Updated - - -

So if you are hunting boundary’s you better kill it. They talked about this on one of the last Kifaru cast and watching a deer rot on the other side of the frnce

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member

yeah I have one legit spot that unless I spine the bastard it will cross said fence and return to bedding area without a doubt. some call that boundary hunting but whatever I have permission on that parcel and will 100% shoot my deer on that land. ive never meet the guy across the fence but he has come across on my cameras ( yes that means he was fixing the fence from land that is not his) and didn't do anything so I would think he would be reasonable but dam.... what if a guy cant get ahold of him and dogs or something gets the meat what a joke. seriously im not afraid to talk to any landowner or do it the right way but if I shoot game 100% legal I deserve to retrieve game 100% legal......

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
JUST GOT WORD THE ND SENATE IS PULLING THE BILL FROM TODAY'S VOTE TO "FIX" THE GAME RETRIEVAL LANGUAGE.
(Do you think they're reading the site? LOL...just so you know...they are!)

This will most likely delay the vote and allow more people to voice their concerns, I expect it to go to a vote TOMORROW now.

Stay on 'em - I also expect this is partially a delay tactic to make one last push by the proponents, it certainly buys us time.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You guys need to remember that most landowners are good people who don't hate hunters. Don't shape your opinion of them based on the proponents of this bill.

Regardless of whether this passes, the landowners who used to allow you to retrieve your game still will. The landowners who used to allow folks to access their property in any way, shape, or form still will. Asking permission is not a bad thing, regardless of what happens with this bill. Is it necessary on unposted land currently? NO. Is it a good way to build a relationship with landowners for the future? YES.

I'm going to come out and say that those of you who don't ever knock on doors for posted land access, or even unposted land access, are shooting yourselves in the foot. If you are worried about the future of your kids or grand kids, start securing opportunities for them now instead of just throwing in the towel for them because you don't want to inconvenience yourself.

This is an estimate, but Im going to say 99% of landowners I talk to strictly for the purpose of accessing their land are polite and pleasant regardless of the outcome. As long as you act the same regardless of the outcome, you and your kids will be fine for many years to come.
The big ag folks who are pushing for this bill aren't going to own all the land by tomorrow, so no need to come up with every excuse you can today.

FYI - just this year I got access to hunt turkeys on three huge sections of land that I never had hunted before. I had never talked to the folks before this spring. Apparently, no one had taken the time to talk to them either.

PS - I'm not saying we shouldn't oppose this bill. I'm just saying if and when this change takes place the world will not end, and there is no harm preparing for that day before it comes.

Last edited:

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sent emails again. I got a lot more responses this time. Hopefully they listen to the majority...

- - - Updated - - -

Hey njsiminson,

I haven't said it, but thank you for keeping us all up-to-date and informed on here about this bill. I (and I am sure everyone on the site) appreciate it!

I was asked by a representative this morning if I am basing my comments off of the most current version... I told her I don't even know which is the current version because it seems like our senators and representatives are playing a game by keeping things to themselves until it is voted on. So, thanks for fighting the good fight!

feather_duster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just as 99% of hunters are polite and pleasant......

You guys need to remember that most landowners are good people who don't hate hunters. Don't shape your opinion of them based on the proponents of this bill.

Regardless of whether this passes, the landowners who used to allow you to retrieve your game still will. The landowners who used to allow folks to access their property in any way, shape, or form still will. Asking permission is not a bad thing, regardless of what happens with this bill. Is it necessary on unposted land currently? NO. Is it a good way to build a relationship with landowners for the future? YES.

I'm going to come out and say that those of you who don't ever knock on doors for posted land access, or even unposted land access, are shooting yourselves in the foot. If you are worried about the future of your kids or grand kids, start securing opportunities for them now instead of just throwing in the towel for them because you don't want to inconvenience yourself.

This is an estimate, but Im going to say 99% of landowners I talk to strictly for the purpose of accessing their land are polite and pleasant regardless of the outcome. As long as you act the same regardless of the outcome, you and your kids will be fine for many years to come.
The big ag folks who are pushing for this bill aren't going to own all the land by tomorrow, so no need to come up with every excuse you can today.

FYI - just this year I got access to hunt turkeys on three huge sections of land that I never had hunted before. I had never talked to the folks before this spring. Apparently, no one had taken the time to talk to them either.

PS - I'm not saying we shouldn't oppose this bill. I'm just saying if and when this change takes place the world will not end, and there is no harm preparing for that day before it comes.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We also appreciate it. Actually looking Nd looks to be one of the only states you can get big game with out permission

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

What if you can’t get ahold of them? Leave the deer lay? There is no harm in retrieving a deer off private land without a weapon. It’s not like the law allows a hunter to drive a vehicle up to it.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
JUST GOT WORD THE ND SENATE IS PULLING THE BILL FROM TODAY'S VOTE TO "FIX" THE GAME RETRIEVAL LANGUAGE.
(Do you think they're reading the site? LOL...just so you know...they are!)

This will most likely delay the vote and allow more people to voice their concerns, I expect it to go to a vote TOMORROW now.

Stay on 'em - I also expect this is partially a delay tactic to make one last push by the proponents, it certainly buys us time.
I think the best “fix” for this bill it to light it on fire and throw the son of bitch in the dumpster.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66