Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who is standing up for the shore fishermen. I have fished areas that would become iffy if this passed. How would you know for sure? Water level dependent?

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who is standing up for the shore fishermen. I have fished areas that would become iffy if this passed. How would you know for sure? Water level dependent?

If 2315 passes, there is no IF at all - shoreline would be off limits to anglers without express permission (think Devils Lake Coulees in spring). If you want to get into wade fishing and "navigable waterways" like is the case in many states...that might be a different story, but I'm not versed much in that side of the law here in ND.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member

This was a big point I made in my emails. I shore fish A LOT. Almost all of my spots would be No Tresspass. Such a complete shit show. They should honestly be embarrassed with themselves with this mess.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If 2315 passes, there is no IF at all - shoreline would be off limits to anglers without express permission (think Devils Lake Coulees in spring). If you want to get into wade fishing and "navigable waterways" like is the case in many states...that might be a different story, but I'm not versed much in that side of the law here in ND.
The state just passed a bill that wants to reduce the number of so called “navigable waterways” and if the state engineer can’t justify keeping them then the automatically lose their title. Just another secret bill that was passed behind our backs. You can’t fish below the ordinary high water mark on those waterways but no fishing on land will be allowed on every other body of water unless you have permission to be on the unposted land. Huge impact to the devils lake region.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.jamestownsun.com/news/government-and-politics/4603055-north-dakota-legislators-vote-require-state-review-rivers-other

- - - Updated - - -

And another stupid law the legislature wasted their time on.....
https://www.jamestownsun.com/news/government-and-politics/4603359-loud-nighttime-boaters-face-fines-under-bill-approved-burgum

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
when this is done, someone post the yay and nay by names. in both the senate and house please. thanks.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
in looking at which house members voted yes on this the first time, I find it amazing that Grand Forks, Minot and Bismarck each had (2) that voted yes , so did one of the Devils lake people and one from Williston

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sent emails a couple hours ago. Thanks again for keeping us informed on this.

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
This morning I emailed my District 30 representatives and here is what I got. Mike Nathe replied, " I voted No the first time, and I will vote No again" Thanks for contacting me with your concerns. He will get my vote again next time. I have not received a response from either Glenn Bosch or Diane Larson. They will NOT get my vote next time their term is up, as neither one even acknowledged my email. They will get another email from me in the morning stating that if they haven't responded by 8:00 am

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hey - where's our resident 2315 supporter been?

busy helping in the SB sausage factory?

- - - Updated - - -

The state just passed a bill that wants to reduce the number of so called “navigable waterways” and if the state engineer can’t justify keeping them then the automatically lose their title. Just another secret bill that was passed behind our backs. You can’t fish below the ordinary high water mark on those waterways but no fishing on land will be allowed on every other body of water unless you have permission to be on the unposted land. Huge impact to the devils lake region.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.jamestownsun.com/news/government-and-politics/4603055-north-dakota-legislators-vote-require-state-review-rivers-other

- - - Updated - - -

And another stupid law the legislature wasted their time on.....
https://www.jamestownsun.com/news/government-and-politics/4603359-loud-nighttime-boaters-face-fines-under-bill-approved-burgum

SOB!!!!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
hey - where's our resident 2315 supporter been?

busy helping in the SB sausage factory?

him and gabriel are holding hands at the vote

- - - Updated - - -

pickup left on in the parking lot. Burning red diesel.

- - - Updated - - -

lol jk

- - - Updated - - -

kinda

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sounds like the wildlife societies are commending senator eberle for the compromises between sportsmen and landowner groups? So are they giving up on fighting for fishing access rights?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are trying to turn our sport into another business to benefit landowners. Landowners in Montana were upset a few years ago when their legislature passed a bill allowing fishermen to float river that flowed through their property. In North Dakota we need to remain vigilant that our legislature doesn't take even more from us.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Daryl Leis of ND Farm Bureau is on 550 AM now talking about a “ND Lockout” where landowners are vowing to not allow anyone but family, friends and nonresident hunters on their land if SB2315 fails. He claimed over 1 million acres have been pledged to be closed to hunters via this and another (name or org I missed) “lockout”.

The proponents must be getting desperate! Wonder if Fritz has been out helping his buddy Daryl gather lockout pledges?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anyone needs permission I will ask for you since I am nr should be good to go.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Daryl Leis of ND Farm Bureau is on 550 AM now talking about a “ND Lockout” where landowners are vowing to not allow anyone but family, friends and nonresident hunters on their land if SB2315 fails. He claimed over 1 million acres have been pledged to be closed to hunters via this and another (name or org I missed) “lockout”.

The proponents must be getting desperate! Wonder if Fritz has been out helping his buddy Daryl gather lockout pledges?

So that's a declaration of war on his fellow resident hunters correct? Remember, this is not a property rights bill, this is an anti-hunting bill.

I listen to Trent Loos darn near every day on AM550. He says farmers aren't winning the war on numbers/votes. People like Daryl seem to be working to lose some of their biggest allies? Why? This is so strange to me.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

I would be willing to bet 95% of those joining a lockout have had their land posted tight for years. Meanwhile they enjoyed our support that good landowners earned, and bought larger mailboxes for all their gov checks.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be willing to bet 95% of those joining a lockout have had their land posted tight for years. Meanwhile they enjoyed our support that good landowners earned, and bought larger mailboxes for all their gov checks.

Exactly .... let em lock it out . Be no different , been posted for years

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard back from one rep. Sounds like she’s flipped and will be a “yes” now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75