Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Biggest con job to ever occur in our legislative bodies. Absolutely despicable.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
aren't all section lines in ND open to public travel ​ Travel yes, access no. Private land is posted to the middle of the road.
So I could travel down a section line to get access to public water for fishing as long as I am below the high water mark

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need to give the right of way to the people. Who's going to be the first hunter to have a trespass charge stick after they step out of their truck to relieve themselves? Unbelievable. Their goal is to get all of us off the countryside.

Last edited:

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So I could travel down a section line to get access to public water for fishing as long as I am below the high water mark

Travel, yes. Under 2315 if it is private land then shore fishing access, no.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
since when do four organizations write group letters, “signed” by the names of the orgs, not individuals representing those orgs?

that letter is goofier than a pet coon

- - - Updated - - -

and who is that document addressed to?

bizarre

I thought you knew who represents you? Didn't you get the notice?

https://secure.everyaction.com/midgeoTGxEOW97n62cZJUg2

Stop SB 2315, the "No Trespass Bill"
[h=1]
NDWF%20logo.jpg
[/h][h=1]
Access%20hunt.jpg
[/h][h=1]SB 2315, the "No Trespass Bill" will detrimentally impact North Dakota's hunting access, wildlife management, and the future of our outdoor heritage. We need all sportsmen and women to submit a comment asking the North Dakota House to VOTE NO on SB 2315.[/h][h=1]Please remember that personalizing letters will have a greater impact on your legislator.[/h]

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

That right there is a tricky question. If it is deemed a "navigable stream", then the State owns the river bed. Anything other than navigable streams and the bed of the river/lake is owned by something or someone other than the State. Here is something you would want to be familiar with before going down that path:

http://www.swc.nd.gov/pdfs/navigability_report.pdf

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Allen, thanks for that pdf. Very informative and worth saving. It was surprising the Little Missouri wasn't included as navigabile. Didn't our hero Teddy float down it when he chased the thieves?

I am no authority but am thinking under 2315 all the non-navigable fishing lakes would be off limits from shore unless there is an easement. In current law you could drive to the end of a dead end section line at a lake, and if not posted, fish from shore or launch a craft. Under 2315 it's a no-go. Erble said NDGF would need easements. $$$$

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if this portion is challengeable in court now. Seems to contradict

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad we vote for “republicans” who believe in less government, and fewer regulations.
Pure fucking horse shit

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allen, thanks for that pdf. Very informative and worth saving. It was surprising the Little Missouri wasn't included as navigabile. Didn't our hero Teddy float down it when he chased the thieves?

I am no authority but am thinking under 2315 all the non-navigable fishing lakes would be off limits from shore unless there is an easement. In current law you could drive to the end of a dead end section line at a lake, and if not posted, fish from shore or launch a craft. Under 2315 it's a no-go. Erble said NDGF would need easements. $$$$
Well they own the land not the water but SoDak made a law closing off many of the smaller lakes so it's definitely doable.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m thinking the sloughs and creeks miles away from where the lake once was that got swallowed up.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
"We're getting to far into the weeds" says Tveit...unbelievable that we would like clarification. But lets just let the committee figure this all out and let 3 participating counties get it sorted out.
This Tveit needs to head south...way way south.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 69