Sb 2315 - reborn after house gutting!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mad they have to post land. Soooo they post land in protest. LOL

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mad they have to post land. Soooo they post land in protest. LOL

They didn't have the time or money to post their land before, so where the heck did they all of a sudden find such a surplus of both? Especially with all of the time they all spend on social media these days. I'd say the big losers in this are the cattle because these "stockmen" are neglecting the shit out of them.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trump wants 16 billion for the farmers. That should negatethe fincial strain of purchasing posted signs. Maybe they will let people hunt who have proof of paying taxes.

dustit

I've been wondering what the activity is on this issue lately, no updates from many people or places. I saw the attached pictures posted on the "ND Lock Out" page as an update. I'm not sure if there has been a new Nodak Angler Thread where this should be posted if so, please advise.
IMG-5371[1].jpgIMG-5372[1].jpgIMG-5373[1].JPGIMG-5374[1].JPGIMG-5375[1].jpgIMG-5376[1].JPGIMG-5377[1].JPGIMG-5378[1].JPGIMG-5379[1].JPGIMG-5380[1].jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess ole Gabey Baby didn't get the message that WE WON'T QUIT EITHER OR BE STEAMROLLED BY FEARMONGERING AND EXAGGERATION!! Trespassing wasn't rampant then and it isn't rampant now. Hope he cuts and pastes this post too!! Here's winkin' atcha GST!!!!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Photo-evaluation of Gabe’s communication efficacy:

EB9E0E6C-106F-4E76-9969-B4326119A33E.gif

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With the next legislative session this bill could pass. I just wondering what it would take to get this on the ballet for a vote. I do know sportsman will have a better chance going with the public the going thru the legislator.

Any thought on this??

njsimonson What do you think

Last edited:

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the idea of getting this sorted out without our states dinosaurs and elected lobbyists. However, this bill was pushed by the ND Farm Bureau (All land must be in production), ND Stockmans Association (All land not in production must be grazed) etc. There is also support from a small group of landowners (the lock out crew) who hated hunters to begin with, and will never be swayed to side with any increase in recreational land access. I believe no matter what the public thinks, this will continually show up, due to its origins.

MOST landowners I’ve talked to, myself included, see through the various veils presented to us. It’s not a landowners rights bill, it’s not a trespass bill, it’s a bill to weaken public interest in recreation; reducing opposition to big ag initiatives. Yet, the rep’s claimed overwhelming support for it.

It would do nothing to curtail trespassing. They did a great job fooling some into thinking it would. What I’m getting at, is I would love to see some sort of have a couple beers and BS round table. Landowners and outdoorsmen/women, GNF, no politicians or lobbyists. I think we’d find quite a bit more common ground that way.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bravo, bravo!

- - - Updated - - -

“MOST landowners I’ve talked to, myself included, see through the various veils presented to us. It’s not a landowners rights bill, it’s not a trespass bill, it’s a bill to weaken public interest in recreation; reducing opposition to big ag initiatives. Yet, the rep’s claimed overwhelming support for it.”

THIS THIS THIS!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Gabe blocked my ability to post on their Facebook page. I can’t imagine how many others have been blocked. Not willing to hear other viewpoints. At least he’s staying consistent.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think an initiated measure gets it done. We (sportsmen) already have a disastrous history there and there are a LOT of state code factors at play in this whole discussion relating to posting requirements, criminal code, fish & game code, liability code that would make such a measure bulky and confusing. It's at least those four things, probably six or seven that need concurrent changes. You look at how the legislature took it upon itself to change the marijuana initiated measure behind closed doors in their infinite wisdom (and then give the work to out-of-state vendors, smh). You'd get the same here.

I've got some updates coming next week on the status of the study. There's a lot of pressure from the Ag Commissioner behind the scenes to change the interim committee to pursue a "land starts as all posted" electronic database, and that keeps coming back and coming back and coming back in all of their meetings, when the spirit (and even Erbele) has said "all land should start as non-posted until landowners change it online."

The Ag Commissioner - along with many others - need to be voted out in 2020 and 2022. What people need to start realizing is that you have to stop voting the alphabet and start voting the issues that are important to you. Otherwise, the same anti-hunter, special-interest serving individuals will remain in power, and this type of legislation will have a better chance of passing as more dark money flows further into the pockets of this state's established legislators. The thing most people don't realize in North Dakota is there isn't a dime of difference between Republicans and Democrats, it really comes down to the person running. We need to start paying attention to how officials vote and issuing our votes accordingly in November, and digging a bit deeper on the matters that are important and stop screaming "Liberal" or "Right Winger" because we think we're one party or the other.

I am concerned that the interim committee is sidelining the important portions of the study - trespass, access, public land creation, the power of special interest groups in that approval process and the like - and have just been gung ho solely about adding to our government bloat with a state-run database that will likely be unused by 99% of landowners and ineffective for sportsmen's purposes.

The core of this issue for the vocal minority of landowners has been "we don't want to post" - it's never been about trespass, or criminals, or hunters, or anything else they've thrown out there - those have always been smoke screens for this issue, and those arguments should be dismissed. There are good ways still to lessen that burden, while providing strong notice to hunters, and further help the relationship between them and take responsibility. A good sportsman's compromise in next session's bill will be:

1) Lessening the posting requirements (ie: one sign per corner of contiguous parcel of land) for legal posting;
2) Jointly-created education by landowners and sportsmen and the G&F about ND's unique system as part of our Hunter's Education program;
3) Increased penalties for trespass including a) heightened criminal charges/fines for initial trespass offenses, b) forfeiture of firearms/vehicles in hunting trespass, c) automatic loss of hunting licensure for 1/3/5 years, based on offense; and
4) Removal of special interest groups from the public land-creation committee

The battle will be every two years until it's not, one way or the other. So buckle up.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree removing these heathens from office is the way to go. The most liberal democrat in ND would see like a staunch conservative in DC. We need to vote for whomever represents us better and not for or against a certain party. That’s how these clowns keep getting re-elected. We need to somehow launch a consorted effort to campaign against those that voted for this piece of shit regardless where their from and what party they’re in. I promised the two legislators from my district that voted for it that I would be doing just that. Social media makes that a solid opportunity.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 North Dakota counties to try digital land posting project

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Landowners in three North Dakota counties will soon be able to use a mobile app or go online to electronically post land that’s open for hunting, as part of a pilot project.

Ramsey, Richland and Slope counties were named as project participants by the Legislature’s interim Natural Resources Committee, the Bismarck Tribune reported. Landowners will have until July 15 to electronically post land, which is voluntary, and hunters can then use an app or go online to find out what land is posted.

The project is part of an interim study related to the “trespass bill” that was defeated in the 2019 Legislature. The bill sought to ease hunter access on private land but stirred debate over private property rights and the state’s hunting heritage.

No penalties exist for trespassing on electronically posted land. North Dakota landowners must physically post signs to close access to their property.

Sen. Robert Erbele, a Lehr Republican who chairs the committee, said the code and penalties for electronic and physical posting need to be made consistent to avoid confusion. Future legislation would look at continuing the study to include more counties, potentially making the project statewide by 2023

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
This program is about as useful as a boat anchor in a baby carriage. I wonder how many tax dollars were spent to come up with this "Gem"?

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
they just cant accept it failed? kind of like the democrats in the last election. be nice if these politicians would accept what the people vote on. This is getting to be a problem

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77