Tools on the boat

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fuses, electricians tape, couple different pliers, crescent wrench, spare wire, mechanics wire, hex wrench, small mechanics magnet. Also bought a jump pack to replace jumper cables.

stole my only contribution to this post......damit.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
While loading the boat a couple weeks ago, I witnessed the greatest gift bestowed upon man; Someone's girlfriend delivered a 30 rack of Buschies and a little ceasars pizza directly to the boat dock. He better put a ring on that one.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, she could have better taste in pizza. Some gas station chicken is the shiznit for fishing!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I initially read this and thought "what a great idea", and have now reconsidered. A couple years ago I had to have the charging system on my Yamaha 4S fixed. It turned out to be the rectifier/regulator. After doing a little reading on this I found out that one of the easiest ways to wreck your rectifier is to disconnect your battery while the motor is running.

The way I read the 10Ga wire trick was to leave them hooked up, essentially running 2 12's in parallel.

- - - Updated - - -

Some gas station chicken is the shiznit for fishing!

Yep, the one by the Airport in Bis or the one across from Corral sales in Mandan. Bucket-'O-thighs.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way I read the 10Ga wire trick was to leave them hooked up, essentially running 2 12's in parallel.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, the one by the Airport in Bis or the one across from Corral sales in Mandan. Bucket-'O-thighs.

Ah yes, that would work better. I was thinking of hooking them up in series for 24V, the motor basically just JUMPS to life off of a 24V feed when I have had to use the cables.

Breasts when running cranks, and drumsticks when livebaiting. Then again, if'n I was better at keeping a towel in the boat for cleaning my hands, it'd be easier to go with breasts and thighs. And yeah, I get my fix for chicken by the airport. That stuff is so good it's bordering on illegal.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scotty's in Bismarck and Italian Moon in Forks used to be tied for best Broasted chicken in ND. Alas, neither have the big pressure-fryer anymore. :(:(:(

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, she could have better taste in pizza. Some gas station chicken is the shiznit for fishing!

If my wife is delivering beer and any type of food to the dock, I already know my belongings are on the curb.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If my wife is delivering beer and any type of food to the dock, I already know my belongings are on the curb.

If you know your belongings are on the curb, I'd be suspicious of anything not factory sealed. Even then, I'd check the expiration date and your phone for known recalls.

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
While loading the boat a couple weeks ago, I witnessed the greatest gift bestowed upon man; Someone's girlfriend delivered a 30 rack of Buschies and a little ceasars pizza directly to the boat dock. He better put a ring on that one.

Key word is "Girlfriend"

Wait til he puts a ring on it - that'll end with "Get it yo damself!" while snappin fingers in Z-formation.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member

Do you think his wife knew about it ??

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't stop singing the title of this thread to the tune of "wheels on the bus" every time I open it..

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
20190502_160440.jpg20190502_160511.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Truth is, since I bought a Lund powered by a Yamaha back in 2006, all I've needed for tools in my boat are jumpers and a Leatherman.

The Leatherman has:

1. Cut the barb off a hook that the dog put in my finger.
2. Tightened screws that come loose when bouncing across a decent chop at WOT.
3. Put the curve back into a few thousand hooks that got straightened due to my use of braid.
4. Served as the hook remover for toothy friends, such as pike.
5. And most importantly, helped me to remove the prop nut on my trolling motor about 50 times to unwrap fishing line.

Back in the day when I had a 70's version of a 2S Johnson, I needed a hell of a lot more tools in the boat on a regular basis.

BTW, Velva...that is a pretty slick system there. What brand/model of boat?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75