2019 Deer Season and Tags Set

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sitting on 9 points, one brother and dad each have 10 points, other brother has 7, all for muzzy. Wonder what the success percentage is for over 8 points since the column doesn't go further out than that.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
why don’t they shift more tags to muzzy?

seems like an easy way to reduce success (not during rut) and make lots of hardcore hunter people happy
Because our fine legislatures have it set up like that, a formula they devised that somehow factors in previous tag numbers!

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happy to see the tag #s go up but..................I wonder if these license increases are based on true survey work or politics? Seems suspicious to increase licenses that much when this posted debacle is/was happening. I did not look to see how much the #s increased in each unit but I hope they did not increase the NW part of the state. During pheasant hunting did not see shit for deer. The areas of the state that I frequent I have not seen any increase in deer populations. They probably want to thin the herd out even more to manage CWD without actually publicly saying it.

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
10 points for muzzy for me this year. Went flat top for rifle. Will see what happens.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things are happening today.

26A8D965-DD0C-4080-BDBB-A3D1AC78940C.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to hear from the 2 people who used their 10+ points on a muzzleloader doe tag. Did they accidently choose the wrong license option, or were they diagnosed with a terminal illness?

And you'd have to think the guy with 8 points and got turned down for a muzzleloader doe tag is quite crabby right now.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
And you'd have to think the guy with 8 points and got turned down for a muzzleloader doe tag is quite crabby right now.
He should be happy he didn’t waste 8 points on a fricking doe .....

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well shit. I just looked at what they have "available" for us non-residents in my in-laws unit (2C). Apparently there is a 0% chance. I thought ND put 1% tag allocation towards non-residents. Last year there were 7, this year 0. I must have missed a rule change.

https://gf.nd.gov/licensing/availability/deer

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well shit. I just looked at what they have "available" for us non-residents in my in-laws unit (2C). Apparently there is a 0% chance. I thought ND put 1% tag allocation towards non-residents. Last year there were 7, this year 0. I must have missed a rule change.

Non-resident gratis??? Otherwise, I agree with 8andcounting...that's strange.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member

They may have all been taken by non-resident landowners, When my cousin question a mule deer unit with 4 tags available he was told there were only really 2 as two went to non-resident landowners?

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was doing a bit of research and it would appear that the land owner non-resident tags get taken out of the 1%. So that is probably what the 0 indicates, but then another question popped into my head. What if there are more non-resident land owners than the 1%? Does that then get taken out of resident nonland owning tags? or do they get denied for the gratis?

Based on this I either need to 1) quite applying for that unit 2) buy 152 acres and get a gratis 3) move back to ND....

Anyways, best of luck to those that have odds :gotone:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just give me a muzzy doe tag that’s all I care - I want 3 tags again this year

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was doing a bit of research and it would appear that the land owner non-resident tags get taken out of the 1%. So that is probably what the 0 indicates, but then another question popped into my head. What if there are more non-resident land owners than the 1%? Does that then get taken out of resident nonland owning tags? or do they get denied for the gratis?

Based on this I either need to 1) quite applying for that unit 2) buy 152 acres and get a gratis 3) move back to ND....

or just multiple buck tags here and hunt every year

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member

you only need 150 acres or 60.70 hectares to get a gratis tag

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82