Scheels High end coolers

Sotaman

Established Member
I bought the scheels cooler on this last sale they had got a 75 quart for under 200 bucks. Yet to use it.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been looking for a better cooler for awhile. Just ordered the RTIC 65 for $230.00. Guess I will see how it preforms this summer.

I have this cooler and you will like it. Works best if you are able to cool it down before using it. I'll throw a couple jugs of ice in it a day before I use it to cool it down and it helps. Only dislike I have with these newer coolers is the weight of them, damn things are heavy.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I ave a cheap Coleman. Keeps ice for about a day. Thought I’d throw that out there....

My beer disappears a lot faster than my ice, so a cheap Coleman is perfect for me.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have a cabelas one that will hold ice for 14 days in the sun at the end of july... it's by far the best cooler I have had, the yeti's my friends have last about 12 days, the first 7 days mine is a legitimate freezer, if you put a bottle of water in it it will be frozen in 4 hours

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeti = paying for name. There's a half of dozen other companies out there that have coolers that perform nearly identical. I've been fortunate to try out yeti's on multiple elk hunting trips along side some of the other listed brands above with nearly zero difference in 5-10 day hunts.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a yeti and a Colman prograde Marine extreme.. Colman works just as good as the yeti 1/2 the weight and 1/3 of the price.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found in 30 yrs of purchases, that trying to equate a Cadillac to the economy model only satisfies the peanut gallery. I don’t mind a salt and vinegar douche, even if pinesol is cheaper and cleans “just as good “

*Wins internet for today

I have never heard of anyone speaking, even in jest, about an "upper-crust douche".

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have a cabelas one that will hold ice for 14 days in the sun at the end of july... it's by far the best cooler I have had, the yeti's my friends have last about 12 days, the first 7 days mine is a legitimate freezer, if you put a bottle of water in it it will be frozen in 4 hours

I once seen a comparison between 10-12 roto-molded coolers and Cabelas was the clear cut winner of that. I believe it was Outdoor Life or Field & Stream a number of years ago.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take it straight up from me. I got spoiled on a Cabelas polar cap. Its a 40 and it is bulky. It keeps ice that exceeds my expectations. I wanted something smaller so I got a Scheels brand 20qt. It doesnt come close to the Cabelas. The father in laws walmart ozark works way better.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I checked out the scheels coolers and decided against them. Look at them from how you will use them. Biggest thing was how the rated capacity and how they close/fasten close. Scheels coolers were a pain to put the the rubber fasteners on the lid. Went with another RTIC. Wait and the 65s go on sale for about 200-230.

Choose Yeti if you want to be a cool kid and waste money;:;banghead ;:;boozer

midwesthunter

I have a RTIC 65 and the scheels 105 both are great coolers. Ice retention is nearly identical. We use ours camping a lot and have kids opening them constantly throughout the day and sometimes forgetting to close them and still have ice in the bottom after 5 days of camping. Only thing I do is drain the water out if there is any in the bottom. Brother-in-law has a yeti 75 and we don't notice a difference on our hunting trips other than the price tag.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have so damn many coolers --- i cant shake em all. Did i need to buy another - NO!!!

Anyway --- we filled about 20 coolers with ice beer for we fest -- we hauled them in an enclosed trailer with them the weekend before (early pass). Iced wednesday when the beer was warm -- iced again Thursday AM. The Yeti won --- we had scheels, RTIC you name it -- cheap foam --- the only one that the Yeti didnt beat was a colman that i had dry ice in --- i had frozen food that kept the whole damn weekend. i taped the seams.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy the RTIC. I purchased one last year during a sale for half of a Yeti and used it a lot. Damn thing prob still has ice in it!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
WTF, ordered my RTIC for $230 two days ago and now they have them for $215. :mad: ;:;banghead

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
WTF, ordered my RTIC for $230 two days ago and now they have them for $215. :mad: ;:;banghead

They'll issue back the price adjustment being youre in your buyers remorse period.. Just contact them within 7,14, or 30 days depending on what their bre is. Scheels and cabelas seems to be for life and is why they're top notch, but hey $15 is almost a 30 pack of busccccchhhhh..

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screw you, I gave mine away after it kept freezing my damn beer. Might have been defective but internet research suggests the damn things are designed that way.
I put my wife in the cooler last summer for a few minutes when she was all hot and bothered, she’s been a cold bitch ever since. Be careful guys this things are dangerous

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeti is now part of the instahunter starter kit in Bozeman along with flannel, beard gel and a flat bill from hush or zak Griffith. Play it right and ol benny O’Brien might throw in a handy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 71