Scheels High end coolers

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s the price? I’ve been using RTIC cooler and have no complaints, they have a decent sale going on now, but also it seems like they always have a “sale” going on. I have the RTIC 65 and 45

Stobber

I have heard good things about the Rtic's. I myself have three pelicans, two of which were purchased after selling Yeti's I won and foolishly purchased. Most of the high end coolers are fantastic, just gonna find the things you like and dislike.

Edit: I have no knowledge about the scheels branded coolers.

Last edited:

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
No knowledge on the sheels brand coolers, but I have 2 of the coleman extremes, 5 and 6, and have been nothing but impressed with them. Ice for the whole weekend no problem with the 5, and had all 4 quarters of a mule deer with 10lb blocks of ice i kept cold for 4-5 days with the 6. Not trying to dissuade your decision as I don't know anything about the scheels brand coolers, just been happy with what I have for what its worth.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I have a larger scheels cooler. If you “pre cool” it down, works descent. It might hold ice for a week if you never open it. For what I need, it serves the purpose which is for a three day camping weekend. Uncertain if it’s worth the price and the bulk.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been looking for a better cooler for awhile. Just ordered the RTIC 65 for $230.00. Guess I will see how it preforms this summer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found in 30 yrs of purchases, that trying to equate a Cadillac to the economy model only satisfies the peanut gallery. I don’t mind a salt and vinegar douche, even if pinesol is cheaper and cleans “just as good “

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have an Orca which is made in the USA. They have specials all the time so no reason to pay as much as a yeti...

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ave a cheap Coleman. Keeps ice for about a day. Thought I’d throw that out there....

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a small one on Black Friday. Also bought a Wally wife stuck a gallon of water frozen in each and tested. Scheels cooler melted first. Plus it (Wally) was a little bigger. She wanted for the boat

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a roto molded cooler at runnings can’t remember brand. Holds ice as long as yeti half the price. Roto mold and insulation is all it is it’s not some kind of magic. Few years back when yeti had the market covered they were better but now that every one else is doing it they are just another cooler but with a more recognition and selling at a higher price point because of that. Pre cool what ever cooler of choice and they will all end up working

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s a Wally??

from what i know it is what they call the trophy that an nhra driver wins on the national series.

661494514e11b52279156a2e2da0032f.jpg

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an Orca which is made in the USA. They have specials all the time so no reason to pay as much as a yeti...

I have an Orca as well and love it. Keeps Ice all weekend and like you mentioned got it on sale at a great price.

As others have mentioned, it's important to pre-cool your ice chest, but it also helps greatly to pre cool whatever you are putting in it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69