Blame the turkey hunters

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would they have the right to gate a section line when they are open to access

I'm assuming they own the land on at least one side of this road, which is most likely a section line. In that case they can fence it to keep cattle in.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm assuming they own the land on at least one side of this road, which is most likely a section line. In that case they can fence it to keep cattle in.
not so sure about that. What if they own both sides of the road and there is a county road running between them on a section line.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
if it is a township road they can not legally put a fence/gate across it, the road has to be left open for law enforcement and emergency services to access.

If they fence it then they or anyone else with land there have a fire how are the fire trucks supposed to access the fire? That is one of the reasons for roads.

If it is illegally fenced across then maybe the local fire department and law enforcement should be notified.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
you know what? the word trespassing is actually closing the gap on how I have near zero effs left in me for the word racist - or racism

trespassing?.... MEH ;:;banghead

I don't do it, I don't like those who do, I think it's stupid, but it's not my responsibility to patrol the world for those who do it

Last edited:

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It would be nice if they would put gates up with latches so it is easier to open and close them. IM 65253 easy access gates for all. i will have a go fund me shortly for this objective

Where I bow hunt I have permission from the owner. The renter is not a huge fan and thought he would push back a little the first year. He asked if I was the fat ass that was bending his top wire on the fence to cross over, and said it right to my face when I was getting out to hunt. Now mind you I am 6'2 245 so not small but I am not obese. I simply told him maybe if you didn't make the gate so damn tight to try and keep us out I could use it and I wouldn't bend your wire. He just stared into the abyss and had no comment. Your comment just reminded me of that pain in the ass.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
if it is a township road they can not legally put a fence/gate across it, the road has to be left open for law enforcement and emergency services to access.

If they fence it then they or anyone else with land there have a fire how are the fire trucks supposed to access the fire? That is one of the reasons for roads.

If it is illegally fenced across then maybe the local fire department and law enforcement should be notified.

So long as there's an openable gate, it's not illegal to run a fence across a section line (as I interpret this guy's minimum maintenance road to be).

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
So long as there's an openable gate, it's not illegal to run a fence across a section line (as I interpret this guy's minimum maintenance road to be).

Thanks for the clarification on the gate.
did a little research township roads are easements and the adjoining land owner does own the land to the middle of the section line.

From https://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t24c06.pdf

. Subsection 1 may not be construed to prohibit construction of fences:a. Along or across section lines which have been closed pursuant to section24-07-03 or which have not been opened because construction of a road isimpracticable due to the topography of the land along the section line, but suchfences are subject to removal as provided in section 24-06-30.b. Across section lines which have not been closed pursuant to section 24-07-03 ifcattle guards are provided in accordance with chapter 24-10 where fences crossthe section lines.

since it is a minimum maintenance road and has not legally been closed then the only way they can fence it is with a cattle guard if I read this correctly

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
you know what? the word trespassing is actually closing the gap on how I have near zero effs left in me for the word racist - or racism

trespassing?.... MEH ;:;banghead

I don't do it, I don't like those who do, I think it's stupid, but it's not my responsibility to patrol the world for those who do it

You may have stumbled upon a better definition for SJW, than what google had.

- - - Updated - - -

:confused: Why so late to the party?

Oh, I loved boobies before I even knew about those boys.

Like often-times in life, I just didn't know what I was doing at the time...

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm about to get deleted off that facebook page. Someone had to call the owner out about about a non issue rant.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm about to get deleted off that facebook page. Someone had to call the owner out about about a non issue rant.

I haven't gone back to look, but according to someone sympathetic to their cause, some of my posts on their were deleted. Not by me...

Oh well, I will continue to operate as I have for most of my life. I've never liked group punishment for individual actions, those supporting this effort seem to be in stark contrast to something I've held pretty dear to me for a long, long time.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You may have stumbled upon a better definition for SJW, than what google had.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I loved boobies before I even knew about those boys.

Like often-times in life, I just didn't know what I was doing at the time...

Britney Spears. 1998. I realized it then

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I got kicked off and all of my posts were deleted. So much for a fair debate..... I can still see the page but that’s about it.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's the damn Graner family down by huff! their s***'s been locked up tighter than Fort Knox since I was a kid! Yeah they may not post it in spring for turkey hunters but it's plenty posted up from Fall already so needless to say they don't need to! So once again the stupidity of the argument is epically apparent 2315 would do nothing to change the fact that the gate was rotted out just like their brains!

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If it’s the family I’m gonna thinking of, Ive asked for and received permission to hunt their land. So posted, but not completely off limits. As I’ve said before no one was going to win this when the bill was brought up.

In any case, the FB wasn’t clear with what the poster meant and we made some presumptions that were wrong. If you want the whole story, find the thread on FB cuz I’m not going to type it all up here.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67