Emmons County Break-Ins

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Since last year there have been at least 8 break-ins that I'm aware of at old farmsteads, seasonal residences, etc. I know folks personally at almost each residence who have been the victims. Lots of guns, furniture, shop items, tools, hunting equipment, etc. has been stolen.

For whatever reason Emmons County's finest haven't been able to figure out squat. I'm losing my faith in them by the day, and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure they are off my suspect list.

A lot of folks have wisely started using security systems and surveillance cameras but the shit continues. There was another break-in this week just outside of Linton.

If anyone knows anything please report it. If anyone knows anything, post it! I'm guessing maybes there's some sort of drug element involved for this level of crap to happen in these small town and it's obvious that some locals are involved in some way, shape, or form because they know who is gone and when.

I'm not starting this thread so everyone can speculate or hypothesize, but if anyone knows anything or hears anything, please do a lot of decent folks a favor and report it...and maybe to a department outside of Emmons County.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone's risking getting shot. Hadn't heard of this before now, but am no longer surprised by human nature.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Until we pass a law to start cutting hands off this will never end. Drugs, selflessness, no faith and no real penalty for doing something like this. Extreme measures need to be had to stop this bullshit

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Taking guns makes it a federal offense. I hate thieves with a passion.

One time i was in court when i was a minor for minor in possession of intoxicating liquor as the charge stated. Anyway the judge and i knew each other and to say we weren't close friends, pretty much covers it. Anyway he was giving me a tongue lashing and somehow he got on that our law enforcement in Wells County was in his words "the best in the State of ND". Anyway i listened to what he had to say and when he got done he asked me if i had anything to say. Bad move on his and my part because if asked if i had anything to say of course i had to respond. I said " your honor other than our Highway Patrol Officer ( Everett Grosgebauer ) our law enforcement officers in Wells County couldn't track an elephant in 6 feet of snow"! BAM the gavel hit the desk and i got 4 days in jail for contempt of court.
Anyway Everett came up to me after court and thanked me for what i said about him and he also stated i shouldn't have gotten contempt of court but to me it was worth it.
I know this is off subject but some law enforcement officers just shouldn't be in law enforcement. There are good and bad in every class of workers and people.
I back law enforcement 100% and hope the good ones don't take offense to my statement.

campchef

Honored Member
The "shit show" in Wells Co the last couple of years was instigated by the sheriff. I don't recall the state's atty even filing charges. If he/she did it was kept pretty quiet.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
The "shit show" in Wells Co the last couple of years was instigated by the sheriff. I don't recall the state's atty even filing charges. If he/she did it was kept pretty quiet.

Charges were filed and i think were pled down or something but he got a slap on the wrist. Sumbitch should be in prison the rest of his life.

My ordeal was about 45-50 years ago.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
- - - Updated - - -

Probably need a no trespass law

Haha. You’d have a lot of solidarity in some circles because this is the answer to every problem!

I don’t have time to put up 20 posted signs; we need a no trespass law!
Last fall someone drove on a section line in my county; we need a no trespass law!
My rotten post has mushrooms on it; we need a no trespass law!
Rabbits ate all the carrots in the garden; we need a no trespass law!
I haven’t pooped in a week; we need a no trespass law!

Last edited:

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
...and another break-in last night. This kind of crap shuts off my filters.

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when this Crap was happening back in my high school days up in the northern part of the state; very rural areas. They were going to farmsteads, stealing, breaking in, taking farm machinery and causing tons of damage and running it off cliffs (alllll kinds of juvenile mischief). Twas a ring of about 5-7 juvies getting away with it for months on end. That was almost 20 years ago,.should be much easier to catch these absolute pieces of trash; scum of the earth much easier this day in age. Eventually they're guna hit the wrong place hopefully..

I'd prob start with installing motion lights with those fake security cams next to em at the very very least..

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Caught the POS last night. It’s a great story but it will all be public news soon.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep when we came home from fishi g noticed the sheriff pickup with trailer loading up stuff from a garage two houses away from the courthouse, right under their noses

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75