state record walleye

catbird

Founding Member
Founding Member
the 16 lb. some oz walleye that was caught on the heart river did not make the state record, it was foul hooked from what the game and fish say

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man I would have thought something like a state record Walleye would have generated a thread with 24 pages or something by now!:;:stirthepot

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try not to think logically, then take away accountability...... The world we live in today

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
"There's a hole in the mouth of the fish," Volk said.

9FFDF0C6-3BB5-4CF2-807D-2B38BE951DD4.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
(via Tom Volk)

I'm sure many don't care anymore, but here is an update on my walleye. I completed an open records request on Game and Fish for all the documents and communication surrounding my record walleye. I have been taking some time to go through it all and adding relevant evidence to my public report which will be released soon.

One document I just listened to is a voice recording from the only witness (Matthew Knuth) who gave an official statement against me. He made these statements to Game and Fish,“I’m ALMOST like 100% positive it was snagged in the tail. I didn’t put 2-and-2 together until later that day. I’m 100…like 99.5% sure it was snagged. The North Dakota state’s record PROBABLY shouldn’t be a record…I DON'T KNOW. I didn't see the hook in the fish."

Knuth himself was having doubts about what he saw and couldn't be sure. He admits he is NOT 100% sure. He stated “almost” and “probably” and “I don’t know.” These statements made by Knuth imply reasonable doubt. Why were these statements left out of the Game and Fish report?

UGH!!! I want to just scream!!!

I gave Game and Fish the benefit of the doubt on completing a neutral investigation and publishing a report with all the evidence. The more I go through the documents, the more I am realizing they treated me like I was guilty from the very beginning. The fact that they left this out of the report shows they wrote and published the report to support this guilty belief and wanted others to believe I was guilty.

All the recordings, videos, pictures, and statements will be made public along with my report. Stay tuned...

Does anyone have recommendations for a good attorney?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does the record "really" mean that much to you ??? Why???
You know whether you caught the Damn thing or not and that's all that should matter. I could give 2 shits...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it’s the principal of the matter at this point. If it was me and I didn’t snag it I would want to clear my name at the very least. He is spot on, the game and fish take the stance your guilty until proven innocent. My gut feeling is their case is horse shit. But far too many people do not want this record to stand for some reason

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was me and if it was a legal catch I would fight for the truth to be known and clear my name

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take the Lawyer $$ and go fishing some more instead, lots less stressful and lots more satisfying IMO.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75