Chest waders

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe consider wearing Walmart hoodies and underwear instead of Simms and purchase Simms waders with the saved $$

You have a point. Although, now that I have those items, what do I do? Sell them on the black market? Some lightly used long johns, with the seat broken-in?

Haha, you have a point though.

I will say.. to an extent, you get what you pay for.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
You have a point. Although, now that I have those items, what do I do? Sell them on the black market? Some lightly used long johns, with the seat broken-in?

Haha, you have a point though.

I will say.. to an extent, you get what you pay for.

Especially true in the three things I will never skimp on, as poor quality can (and will) ruin trips. Rain gear, tents, and waders.

I have alot of Simms stuff from shirts to jackets to waders and I can say for certain all of it is quality stuff and has lasted years longer than even middle of the road brand crap I've "saved" money by buying.

Last edited:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
All depends on use. I'd rather buy Cabelas Supermags on sale for $150 every few years than spend big money on anything else if I am primarily waterfowl hunting. Just too hard on stuff. I'm not near as mean to my fly fishing stuff and would be more apt to spend more there. I've been happy with my Redington breathables but would never duck hunt in them either. The Simms stuff is top notch for sure, several buddies have it and wear them hard. Just not sure I can stomach $800 for a set of waders.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75