Automatic Clay Pigeon Thrower

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for the +’s and the -‘s of auto throwers under $500. Please advise...

Founding Member
Founding Member
We roll old school out at the ranch.
FB_IMG_1538938467867.jpg

But this one seems popular.
Champion WheelyBird Auto-Feed Trap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004U8HZWY/?tag=nodakangler10-20

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.claypigeonthrower.org/do-all-outdoors-white-wing-automatic-trap-review/

If you have the acreage to throw at your place, these work well. I have one, you can either use a battery operated remote control that's about the size of a key fob, or you can plug extension cords into it and use a foot remote. They work pretty well with the wobbler and you'll need a pretty wide area to take full advantage of its full range of motion for tossing targets.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
After looking at some of the options out there for you, I'd say do your homework on the model you want. Some of the models have a dedicated foot pedal cord, others...like mine...have one that you can add a standard extension cord to for putting the thrower out there at greater distances. This is important if you want to work on shooting at birds coming at you from the side, etc. The thrower will need to be more than 25 ft away, which seems to be a standard foot pedal lengthed cord on some models. Of course, if it comes with a handheld remote, you will also want to make sure it has an adequate range for such shots. Pretty much all will work if you are inclined to shoot Trap style, but Sporting Clay style shots will demand more range.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used a lot of other peoples clay pigeon throwers and all I can say is that I can throw them by hand much better than any mechanical one. The downside is that you need someone with that knows how to throw them. The upside is that you can throw them faster, further and at whatever angle you want. You can make them curve left and right. It just takes some practice but when you figure it out, the hand throwers are much better.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use to have a really good one until he moved out and went to college....

Dad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Champion whirlybird 2.0 looks good, like the wheels as mine is heavy. I went do all outdoors because I wanted to a wobbler not sure all have that as an add on

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76