Black Stone Griddle

Gr8tz

Established Member
Who's got one and how do you like it? They seem to be the newest craze since the traeger grills came out

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought the 22” model. Haven’t used it yet. Looking forward to it. The griddle is heavy duty and like the H style burners for it.

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought the 36” for the camper and it’s awesome except it’s not super handy to get folded up and into the storage on the 5th wheel. Other than that I love it.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
don't have one but camped with a couple families that did last year and they were pretty slick. Main thing they said is follow the seasoning directions and they are pretty stick free.

EN001

I have a 36" and absolutely love it. I use it 3 or 4 times a week, I am actually looking to buy another one for the lake

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the 36" model on my deck. It has 3 burners. I realy like it. Only thing was I could never get the push button starter to work. I wasn't sending it back for that. Whatever you do....do not buy it online and have it shipped to your house. They are like 120 pounds and it is a guarentee it will be damaged and trust me you do not want to go through that. I got mine for Fathers day a few years back and i had to go through that shitstorm because my wife bought it online. Just pay the extra $50 and get it in town. Trust me

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you tried replacing the AA battery behind the starter? One of those questions a guy's almost afraid to ask, but worth asking..

GSP

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 28 and I love it. I use it alot, and can easily cook for 6 on it. That being said, it does need to be covered when not in use and the vinyl cover they sell is junk. Either buy the hard cover, or put something under the vinyl one to shed water. Cheapest places I’ve found are Home of Economy or Walmart.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah. I tried everythign i could think of. Battery and messed with the spring. I dont know if it is just a bad button or if i might just be stupid.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha, Yea I hear ya..usually it works but I can't figure out the starter on my grill right now either. There's spark, but she just won't go (somethings prob plugged with grease I'm sure..)

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I dont get too butt hurt if the button doesnt work. I dont think i know anyone who after about 3 years of owning a grill or flat top has their button still working.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a "Lodge" brand cast iron griddle,that goes on my grill. Now I have the best of both worlds, and only have to carry one item in the pickup.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been following things on the smoking meats forum. A lot of people prefer the Camp Chef grill over the Blackstone. May be one on the patio soon.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have experience switching from Cast Iron pans to one of these griddles?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 28inch got it Black Friday just getting it setup up at the lake this wknd. What should a guy do for a cover?

- - - Updated - - -

Mine will need to sit out side. I thought about cutting a piece of plywood or plexiglas???

- - - Updated - - -

The cover u can buy looks flat and costs as much as the grill

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I was cheep when it comes to griddles. I have one that fits my Coleman stove, but my favorite is mad from a 20 inch disc from one of my relatives old farm disk. I welded the center hole shut and wire brushed the entire disk. I also welded an eye on two sides for a handle. To heat I have used a turkey fryer, a variety of camp stoves, and hot coals. When center heated it works much like w wok. It works great for me when making breakfast because I can keep onions and hash browns warm along the edge while I fry eggs in the center. I was surprised how thick those disks are, and how well they hold heat.

A little tip if you try this. I destroyed two disks before I caught on. I welded the hole shut, then as I looked at it TINK a large crack split the disk half way across. The disks are tempered and must cool very slow. I used the cracked disk to heat up sand, then used it to pour over and covers newly welded disk quickly before it cracked.

Thought I would mention it in the event some of you may have an old disc junked out.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The idea behind all of this is retaining heat in the cooking surface correct?

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had a Blackstone for three years now. I get a much better sear on cast iron over my gas range then you do the Blackstone. Or on my Grill Grates over a hot bed of coal... Oddly, I have never tried a steak on my Blackstone. I feel it would not do as good of a job as cast iron or the grills. They do however kick ass for anything breakfast related, hibachi veggies and fried rice, smash burgers, grilled sandwiches, tacos, quesadillas, that sort of stuff. It is pretty nice and convenient to cook entire meals on the griddle vs dirtying 4 plus pans in the kitchen. The real estate to cook on with the 36" model is damn nice at times.

They do suck in the wind. And I do wheel mine into the garage for the winter and probably use it more in the garage in the winter time then on my deck in the summer.

Last edited:

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the 36" for xmas and love it, almost wish i had the smaller one though as they are heavy as hell. thin steaks and hash browns in no time, i just wish these store would carry more of the accessories, but yeah, did i say I love it

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
for folks that travel and want a handy grill/gridel check out the power smokless grill,1500 watts works great,don't have a stove hood in my house so this smoklees deal is the shit gridle for fish ,eggs, is fantastic

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55