Which Prop would you recommend? Lund ProV 189 Verado I4 200

The_owl

Established Member
i currently have an enertia 19 pitch on my boat, and i noticed it has a flat spot from my memorable trip on the confluence last year (I found bottom!).

Its still very much usable, but maybe this is the time to get a new prop and make this unit my backup. So, what would any of you recommend?

I typically run with two people in the boat, full gas, i have a kicker, lots of "stuff" in the boat. Hole shot could always be better. I wouldn't mind increasing mid range speed and getting a better hole shot, even if that means less top end.

Thoughts? I'm open to suggestions - currently i'm looking at Revolution 4 stainless, High Five stainless, and a Temptest Plus, all in a 19 pitch.

Thoughts??

thanks

Owl

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rev 4 or Bravo FS. High fives are a thing of the past with the introduction of these newer 4 blade designs.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m a big fan of the Tempest, but I’m on the lunatic fringe when it comes to boat performance and the Bravo and Rev offer better all around handling. For a straight out speed king, give me an A47 Tempest and let me have John @ DAH work a little magic, and it’ll sing! Now control in rough water will suck and it won’t plane out under 26 mph, but it’ll set the water on fire. Lol

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your willing to give up a couple miles an hour but have amazing holeshot and bow control look into a Mirage Plus.

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
If possible test a few, most dealers have demos. I have had good luck with tempests but never tried one on a glass lund.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you move to a 4-blade you might have to drop to an 18 pitch as well, unless the 19 3-blade has you on the limiter.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The Bravo will spin close to the same as the Enertia, they spin pretty easy. If you go to a Tempest, drop to an 18P. The Rev 4 is a big wheel and turns hard, probably would need to drop to a 17p. This is of course assuming your spinning with in a couple hundred of the upper end of your RPM range now.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
What were your specs with the enertia pre damage? (Rpm, speed, load etc. )That will give us a baseline to recommend pitch and diameter and blade count? Also what diameter was your enertia?

The_owl

Established Member
My specs pre damage were;

19 pitch @ 6200 rpm = 50 mph

My top speed anymore is 47 mph. That’s what made me think to look.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76