Pecker pants bikers.....

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
The river road pecker pant was out and about north of DU tonight. Long line of cars people crossing centerline to pass him with oncoming traffic. Why in all the places would you choose river road, 80th, 71st literally the busiest roads in town. To prove a point?? So when they get hit and killed was that point worth proving?
I would highly discourage my wife from riding bike on any busy road in the area because it just isn’t worth it yeah maybe a guy could sue in a dirty case but guess what maybe I’m the only one but I’ll take my wife standing next to me before any amount of money a guy could hand me
legal, illegal, gray area is the risk really worth the reward on the busy ass roads?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
My point being by law they have just as much right on the road as all vehicles on the road. Like it or not. I dont ride. My wife used to and enjoyed it and have heard the other side of the story and how alot of drivers treated her without any respect. It's their hobby let them enjoy it and give them room.
I understand what the law is. In not against pecker pants bikers. Ive stated im trying to be as patient as possible. What im not liking is the uncourteous attitude of some of them. Making cars follow you for half-mile to more at times (river road) at 15mph just because you can and the law says so. Even though legal still not real courteous to clog traffic because you wanna go fer a rip on da huffy on the busiest hwy at 5. Can these dudes pick highways with wider shoulders? I get the less traffic point And that makes sense but imho the less busy hwys generally have more blind hills/curves/ smaller, if any shoulders..... I also feel there has been an uptick in the pecker pants sightings this year already. With Bismarcks continual population growth should we expect a pecker pants biker invasion in the next 10 years? What happens when it gets like wjschmaltz describes and it is a substantial time-loss issue? Minimum speed limits? Register and tab hwy bicycles?

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite is Burleigh Ave between Washington St. and 12th St in south Bismarck. There is perfectly good bike trail not 15 feet from the road with hardly anyone on it yet the pecker pant crew will still ride on the road! That section of the road is very narrow and for the life of me I can't understand why they would risk their lives and also screw up the daily drivers routes than use the nicely paved path that clearly says "Bike Path"!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would just gently nudge them off the road. :raisin: Get the F out of my way!:;:muahaha

im-a-nice-person-sarcastic-memes.jpg

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep I’ll never understand people on bikes and motorcycles who think they own the road and are invincible and everyone should just move for them...until they get smeared on the pavement and they realize maybe they need to watch the fuck out, because they lose in any accident.

I should note, I’ve ridden a lot of motorcycle and do some biking (no spandex) and I probably get annoyed with both groups more than people who have never done either.

Last edited:

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK, I'll bite. I'm a member of the pecker pants bike club, albeit in SD and not in ND. Thankfully I live in a place where I can spend most of my time on a mountain bike. That said, I do road ride in the spring and fall. Probably going to covert to a gravel bike so I can roll on pavement and gravel.....so you're going to half to be looking out for me when you're out scouting geese in the middle of nowhere, on gravel, with a Busch Light in the cupholder LOL!

There is a balance here between biker courtesy and driver courtesy. From a biker standpoint, I don't bike on busy roads. Just no point, too much danger for me, too much messing with traffic. From the sounds of it, these folks would be pulling over non-stop due to backed up traffic behind them, and to me that is no fun. But a biker on a road somewhere isn't really the end of the world. I do tend to pick roads with wider shoulders, even more so since they put endless rumble strips in. Riding a that 6" between the edge of the road and the strip isn't fun. If I am glued to the white line I'm well within the law and reasonability on a less than busy road. Drivers have to learn that a bike here and there isn't a nuisance. I ride with friends on occasion and laugh when they get all worked up about a bike or two. I've certainly seen less than admirable biking behavior on the roads, but lumping everyone into one group is a little far fetched. Lots of folks do it right.

Now, I can't comment on the bike path comments seeing I don't know where they are at, but road bikers and bike paths are not compatible if there is lots of use. These aren't Sunday cruises.....this is go out, put the hammer down, and get a good workout. Not uncommon to carry 20mph on easy flats if not more. Walkers, runners, and dogs don't do well with a smoking fast bike coming by them either, so they go to roads.

Biking is far from my only hobby. I spend time ice fishing, fly fishing, pillaging your walleyes from Lake Sakakawea, shooting pheasants, going to Canada to chase waterfowl, hunting turkeys, and shooting elk with a bow. And I love to drink Busch Light. But I also like to keep myself in good shape, and that means running and biking. Being in good shape while doing many of the outdoor activities that much more fun. As for the clothes, yeah they look a little funny. Function over form.....just the same as you don't see guys out there ice fishing wearing moon boots and old coveralls anymore. Things have progressed a bit, bikers have found out what works. Hey, but keep honking and swearing if it makes you feel better.

Coming to a road soon around Bismarck LOL!----pool noodle.jpg

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If bicycles are allowed on public roads or public property they should be required to carry liability insurance. Riding dirt bike, 4 wheelers, side by sides and snowmobiles on public property require license and insurance. If they want to be on the road and potentially cause an accident they should have to have the same insurance requirements as any other vehicle

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What kind of damage can a bike do? I guess I should have liability insurance for crossing the street now;:;banghead

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
What if a bike cuts across traffic and causes a vehicle to swerve and hit a tree or another vehicle? Who is on the hook for that? Rules of the road should apply accross the board no?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to have credibility to be on a meme now what’s this world come to

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What if a bike cuts across traffic and causes a vehicle to swerve and hit a tree or another vehicle? Who is on the hook for that? Rules of the road should apply accross the board no?

This must be an major problem. We all know how fast and unexpected they move. Maybe we should ban bikes. And yes I agree they should obey traffic laws

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
What kind of damage can a bike do? I guess I should have liability insurance for crossing the street now;:;banghead
How much damage can my sons Honda 50 cause?

Are you saying a bicycle has never ran Ito a vehicle and caused damage? Go take a vehicle in to have a door or fender replaced and see how much it costs. Had a rear bumper on a mustang replaced and it was just shy of $2,000 so it doesn't take much damage to be costly

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is what my dad said when I was young and started riding bike “ stay out of cars way they will run you over and you will be dead” seemed simple enough. Isn’t there a minimum speed that needs to be maintained

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rules of the road are for everyone to follow. From driving to walking.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had aKid in Bismarck ride his pedal bike into the side of my car caused $700 damage the homeowners policy paid for the repairs

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had aKid in Bismarck ride his pedal bike into the side of my car caused $700 damage the homeowners policy paid for the repairs

What if the pecker pants rents and does not have homeowners or even renters insurance? When on the road we are required by law to have at a minimum liability insurance or face a fine. These guys say they have every right to be on the road and want to be treated equally so why are they not required to carry insurance?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your homeowners or the kids parents homeowners?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75