2006 DF140 Suzuki 4 Stroke

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
A buddy of mine bought a new boat 4 years ago with a 140 Suzuki. Every year it has been in the shop for a significant amount of time. They have extended the warranty on it, but refuse to replace it.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
A buddy of mine bought a new boat 4 years ago with a 140 Suzuki. Every year it has been in the shop for a significant amount of time. They have extended the warranty on it, but refuse to replace it.

What kind of problems? Good friend was a Suzuki dealer in the past. The only EFI Suzuki 4-stroke motor I know gave him trouble was his neighbor (whom I also know fairly well) having trouble with fuel lines continually clogging. Replaced the fuel lines, got the owner convinced to buy fuel from somewhere other than the resort with fuel @ the dock and his problems are all gone now.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been several different issues. The motor is just a lemon and should have been replaced. Last year I believe they said it was something with the electrical and now this year its a couple of pistons

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been several different issues. The motor is just a lemon and should have been replaced. Last year I believe they said it was something with the electrical and now this year its a couple of pistons

That's too bad.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was under the impression that those suzuki heads were damn near bulletproof ... I've know several people with them and no issues ... but I a couple of my non-suzuki motors I have had the mechnic say "huh, never seen that before" ... probably one of the worst phrases ever

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
fake news

my big white johnson is a Suzuki DF90 under that gorgeous white coat - and it's perfect I tell ya... perfect!

I suspect a boating rival sabotaged his motor or some such

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I repowered my last boat with one.... man do I miss that motor! it will be the best one you've ever owned!

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Quit talking bad about them now i dont wanna know. I did buy the boat. runs great so far. I gotta find the right prop for it though. Came with a 13" 19 pitch aluminum.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So I tried draining the oil today. That POS oil plug with the Allen head is seized up. I will get it out but what I would like to know is if anyone knows what size thread it has? I wanna put one on I can tighten with a ratchet. I'm not taking the old one out until I get a new one. If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I tried draining the oil today. That POS oil plug with the Allen head is seized up. I will get it out but what I would like to know is if anyone knows what size thread it has? I wanna put one on I can tighten with a ratchet. I'm not taking the old one out until I get a new one. If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Just add add when it gets low;-)

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Browns point marine is my go to website for susuki parts. They have the parts manuals with pictures and part numbers. Make sure and get your SN off the motor before logging on.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77