Stolen Gear - Ashtabula Crossing

ceeber

Good morning to all,

I’m not sure if this is the accurate forum for this but just let me know if it’s not.

My friends and I camped at the Ashtabula Crossing over memorial weekend, and our fishing gear were stolen off the boat. My friend just bought the new Crestliner this year. The thieves took the Minn Kota 12v power drive trolling motor, a Humminbird Helix 7 sonar/gps, a shimano tackle bag, and two other tackle bags. We’ve been camping here over many years and never had any issues. Please report anything if you see something.

Thanks to all,

Ceeber

Last edited:

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope you catch them, hang up by their ears with fish hooks

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO, the world was a better place when thieves were just shot. I hope you get your stuff back.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a special place in hell for someone who steals fishing equipment.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Treble hook in fore skin and a little slack in the line and see if they can keepup with a fast retrieve should be a just punishment. I hate thieves.

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sometimes guys get caught up in the moment and forget about calling the insurance provider. You might have coverage on your equipment and gear. For me I made sure I have substantial coverage for equipment and accessories, I keep all my receipts for everything I buy and take pictures of everything I own. You'd be surprised how fast things add up in the end. Im thinking guys on this site have a range in price of gear from 500 bucks all the way into 20 to 30 grand or maybe more. And this thread is the reason ...i'm thinking about tapping a trail camera in the back window of my pickup, never know when some jack ass will come lurking. Having evidence of someone stealing would make the insurance claim go smoother or have a good picture of who did it

Last edited:

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very frustrating for you. Obviously check with insurance and also local pawn shops or for sale sites. (facebook?)

Brandon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very frustrating for sure! We camp there alot and have never had any troubles. Usually have the boats covered at night. Wondering also where the boat was or anymore details?

ceeber

The gear were stolen off my buddy’s boat. Insurance has been contacted. Fortunately the sonar and trolling motor is covered, but not the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

This took place by the tent sites at the East Crossing. Boat was parked in the grass along the main road that goes through the park. That’s the usual over flow parking.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Druggies that have no idea what anything is worth except to cover there next hit! Going to have to have everything locked down the way this world is going.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76