buying used prop?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there anywhere in eastern ND that sells used props? 1850 reata/150 verado currently has a 19 Tempest and I am thinking I would get better performance with a 17 rev 4. Specifically hole shot. I'm too cheap to buy a new one when I am not 100% sure it will fix my problem. current stats are 42 mph at 6000 rpm with average to slightly below average hole shot. If I gained a little on the top end that would be great but I'm more concerned about hole shot as I often pull the kids on tubes and most my fishing buddies are on the heavy side like me...

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depending on your relationship with a local dealer, they may let you try one out if they have any on hand. I've heard good things about Ricky at Brainerd prop repair, he may mail you one to try out for a minimal fee to see if it works for you. He's pretty knowledgeable and may be able to recommend one for you to try.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I have a 17p Mec Vengeance Prop You could try. Where you at? I am in GF going to the Angle and will bring the prop back. Send me a PM.

I have the same boat with 150 Yamaha and have used that prop and liked it. I have a Yamaha prop on it now.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84