2019 Minnesota Twins

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been a awesome start to the season hopefully they can keep it going. Odo is a beast, and it seems like once a week they have a home run derby just because they feel like it

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hope they add Kimbrel this week. They need bullpen help and a closer.

You can have keuchel, but kimbrel's coming back home to where it all began :cool:
(even tho it's in the shitties, can't wait to finally go back for Braves/twins series in August..)

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Team is great so far. Definately need some bullpen help. Tried blowing a 7 run lead yesterday. If you wanna win in the playoffs you better have some guys that can keep the other team from scoring. The only one that is pretty good so far is Rodgers.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bullpen has been pretty good so far. Not saying additions can’t be made but only if they don’t give up a ton. Morin,Harper,Rogers,Parker,Duffey have all been pretty good. Magill has been up until his hiccup yesterday. This has been one of the most fun first third of any season in a long time. Not to mention they’re hitting the ball all over the park and from a different part of the lineup almost every game. Exciting baseball so far!

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need help in the bullpen more than any where else but that being said the bullpen hasn't been as bad a people think. The bullpen is really the only thing that people can pick apart right now. Yes they have tried to give away leads but EVERY bullpen does that from time to time. Look at the numbers for the bullpen guys right now and I think you'll change your mind.

Morin: 10 1/3 innings, .87 ERA
Parker: 20 2/3 innings, 2.61 ERA
Magill: 14 innings, 3.86 ERA
May: 20 innings, 3.60 ERA
Duffey:13 2/3 innings, 2.63 ERA
Harper:23 2/3 innings, 1.90 ERA
Rogers:26 innings, 2.08 ERA

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It hasn't been horrible but it can certainly be better. Easier to pitch when your scoring 8 runs a game, that's probably not going to happen come playoff time. We've also seen guys go to heck in a hurry. Hildenberger was unhittable earlier then he couldn't get anyone out. Now he's in AAA.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
It hasn't been horrible but it can certainly be better. Easier to pitch when your scoring 8 runs a game, that's probably not going to happen come playoff time. We've also seen guys go to heck in a hurry. Hildenberger was unhittable earlier then he couldn't get anyone out. Now he's in AAA.

Yeah and if he figures his mechanics out he could be back to unhittable again. I understand you can’t wait around for ifs and buts but I’m sure not ready to ship off the farm for 1 guy. Things seem to be going just fine without spending a ton on someone who isn’t even on a team yet

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah and if he figures his mechanics out he could be back to unhittable again. I understand you can’t wait around for ifs and buts but I’m sure not ready to ship off the farm for 1 guy. Things seem to be going just fine without spending a ton on someone who isn’t even on a team yet
Ship off the farm? He's a FA, it's only money and it's about time Jim Pohlad starts spending some of it. This is the best chance in years at another World Series, go for it!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member

This mindset is the reason the twins have been irrelevant for decades.

I hope the yankees snag Keuchel

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
You realize with the Yankees spending like a drunken sailor they still have not won a title in the last decade

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The way they are sending them out of the ballpark, it is time to bring back the HOMER HANKIES! Its not the MetroDome but seeing 40,000 waving hankies should pyche the heck out of opposing ball players!! Win Twins!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You realize with the Yankees spending like a drunken sailor they still have not won a title in the last decade

Theyre relevant come September/October nearly every year so I’d say that’s better than average.

the twins literally have this year to make a run so they better spend some of that moldy money. The amount of good players coming off the books after this year and the next is damn near the whole lineup

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have gotten side tracked this week with the state class A baseball tourney up in Minot. We have a grand Nephew on the Bismarck Century team that we've been following all year. Well they won it all, much like I hope the Twins can do later this year. Go Governors!!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Theyre relevant come September/October nearly every year so I’d say that’s better than average.

the twins literally have this year to make a run so they better spend some of that moldy money. The amount of good players coming off the books after this year and the next is damn near the whole lineup

So instead of saving the money in hopes of keeping some of the guys they’ll have to resign in this lineup that has the best record in baseball they should throw it all at 1 closer that no one thought they needed before June. And before it comes up I’m aware before June there was added stipulations to sign him but if he was the guy that was going to blow zero saves and fix the bullpen the Red Sox wouldn’t have let him walk I’m thinking.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So instead of saving the money in hopes of keeping some of the guys they’ll have to resign in this lineup that has the best record in baseball they should throw it all at 1 closer that no one thought they needed before June. And before it comes up I’m aware before June there was added stipulations to sign him but if he was the guy that was going to blow zero saves and fix the bullpen the Red Sox wouldn’t have let him walk I’m thinking.

Easy, Rod. It’s just my opinion. The twins have a 1-2 year window and they should spend to get a piece or two for a change.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy, Rod. It’s just my opinion. The twins have a 1-2 year window and they should spend to get a piece or two for a change.

Haha no problem. I’ve often wished the twins would spend more in situations where they were competing. Just not sure Kimbrel is worth what he wants. Actually I was hoping earlier in the year they’d stay in the Keuchel talks

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
634abb7c09f128cbdb65ff3adc970479.jpg

^^^^ me and baseball (outside of October)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55