Deer apps are due today fellas

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks for the reminder! On a related note, the NDGF website is BY FAR THE WORST website of any state fish and game agency I apply for. This thing is a train wreck trying to find information.

Is the rule that you can miss one year of application and still keep your points applicable? As long as you don't miss two consecutive years? Can anyone find this stated anywhere? I'm getting up there on rifle points and won't be able to hunt the tag for sure this year if I drew it. I wish there was a point purchase option for non residents. I would gladly donate $100 to assure I stay in the game but don't draw.

EDIT -
Of course I finally found it:
How does the one-year grace period affect an applicant's eligibility?
An applicant can miss applying for a year without losing points; however, the applicant loses bonus points by failing to apply for two consecutive years.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You should not make these kind of posts. Some guys’ panties get quite twisted if you do.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer licenses?? Are they in the same group as aliens, big foot, loch Ness, abominable snowman etc...

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer licenses?? Are they in the same group as aliens, big foot, loch Ness, abominable snowman etc...

Yes because someone always starts a post on the day the applications are due.....grin

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i didnt think there were deer up there?

- - - Updated - - -

but with the pictures of the state record muley all over should bring some more pressure

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
So tomorrow starts the "Why aren't the results out yet" threads.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
So tomorrow starts the "Why aren't the results out yet" threads.

exactly. I woke up this morning expecting to see my notification from the game and fish. So far, nothing. What a failure of our game and fish department. Maybe next year things will run a bit smoother.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
If draw is as quick as last year there should be no complaints I believe results were out around June 28ish

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
If draw is as quick as last year there should be no complaints I believe results were out around June 28ish

definitely no complaints when comparing to how long we used to have to wait, however, it would be nice to hear within two weeks. It is fully automated and everything right? Id say two weeks give them enough time to sift between the tags to ensure all their buddies got one and let the system run through the lottery

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gotta give it to G&F though, I've been seeing reminders on social media and email from them for over a month to get deer apps in. If you're even remotely technologically connected, there was no excuse to miss the deadline this year.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gotta give it to G&F though, I've been seeing reminders on social media and email from them for over a month to get deer apps in. If you're even remotely technologically connected, there was no excuse to miss the deadline this year.

Yeh the reminders are way too good . Probably be tougher to draw than ever even with increased tags in some units due to all the reminders on social media .

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh darn it, I forgot again....guess I'm chasing big wallys. Good luck this year guys.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
exactly. I woke up this morning expecting to see my notification from the game and fish. So far, nothing. What a failure of our game and fish department. Maybe next year things will run a bit smoother.

that's great.. thanks for the laugh

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
definitely no complaints when comparing to how long we used to have to wait, however, it would be nice to hear within two weeks. It is fully automated and everything right? Id say two weeks give them enough time to sift between the tags to ensure all their buddies got one and let the system run through the lottery

So last year it took 3 weeks and 1 day for the results to come out but you're wanting the results in 2 weeks. Are those 8 days really going to make a difference in anything?

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
So last year it took 3 weeks and 1 day for the results to come out but you're wanting the results in 2 weeks. Are those 8 days really going to make a difference in anything?

Yes, is it that hard to believe some people don’t take vacations in the summer because they want to save they’re PTO Incase they might get a coveted mule deer tag? Is it that hard to believe if that said person found out early in the summer that they wouldn’t get a tag they might have more time to plan more summer trips and use that PTO? So to answer your questions, yes every day makes a difference. Makes sense now? Or did ur move here frem alerbama to work in dem der oilfields?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it interesting and disappointing at the same time, how society in general has become impatient.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70