User Tag List

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrassed
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • WTF!?
  • zzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 36

    Thread: G&F Violations

    1. Back To Top    #1
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Walleye_Chaser's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2015
      Location
      Fargo
      Posts
      882
      NDA Points
      12,930
      NDA Level
      49
      Report Entries
      5
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 807
      Given: 3,301

      G&F Violations

      https://www.inforum.com/sports/24831...ish-violations

      General (263): loaded firearm in vehicle (60); hunting on posted land without permission (54); and littering (42).


      With the talk and recent trespassing bills we've seen...this really pisses me off. 54 people were cited for hunting on post land without permission. I'm guessing that's a small number compared to those that were never caught. You are ruining it for everyone and you're a God Damn asshole. That is all. Have a great day!

      1 Not allowed!

    2. Back To Top    #2
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Duckslayer100's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      ND's Flatter Half
      Posts
      1,846
      NDA Points
      51,477
      NDA Level
      99
      Report Entries
      4
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,534
      Given: 4,152
      Classifieds
      1
      Agreed. But again, the argument we've had all along is this: By creating the law that was proposed -- basically making the entire state posted as default -- what would stop those 54 from trespassing in the first place?

      They already were charged with hunting on posted property.

      The property was posted. And they still hunted. Without permission.

      Will the law make it super-posted so that they definitely think twice before trespassing to hunt again?

      Sorry...that was a tangent. But it bears repeating for the lurkers out there.

      Laws or no laws, people suck. And more laws won't make those people suck any less.

      13 Not allowed!
      Remember to always practice CPR: Catch, Pickle and Refrigerate!

    3. Back To Top    #3
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      555
      NDA Points
      6,124
      NDA Level
      33
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 605
      Given: 430
      Throw those guys in jail and revoke hunting privileges in all the wildlife compact states and I bet it will set example to others, as well as the offenders to think twice before entering private property.

      Everything else is just a lightly veiled threat. Action speak louder than words. A E-database won't do jack shit for landowners, or sportsman.

      Carry on.

      3 Not allowed!

    4. Back To Top    #4
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      JayKay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Southeast Bismarck
      Posts
      2,066
      NDA Points
      122,401
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      7
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,767
      Given: 5,435
      Agreed. The law is the law. Without teeth in the penalties/fines, the law often is, and will continue to be, ignored.

      Jail those 54 guys for 30 days each. I know, I know. But it costs so much. Take their vehicle, sell it at an auction, and use THAT to help pay for their bread and water.

      We spend so much money on stupid crap every minute of every day, why not "housing" these Grade-A A-holes?

      For the people who usually just roll the dice, and figure they'll never get caught, maybe the confiscation of their vehicle, and 30 days in jail might make them decide it's not worth it.

      2 Not allowed!

    5. Back To Top    #5
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      ndwalleyes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Bismarck, ND
      Posts
      884
      NDA Points
      30,003
      NDA Level
      75
      Report Entries
      6
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,154
      Given: 564
      I would like to see this broken down further by resident violations and non-resident violations. 20%/80%?

      5 Not allowed!

    6. Back To Top    #6
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Coyote Hunter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      181
      NDA Points
      4,609
      NDA Level
      28
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 199
      Given: 352
      Quote Originally Posted by ndwalleyes View Post
      I would like to see this broken down further by resident violations and non-resident violations. 20%/80%?
      Does it matter? Trespassing is trespassing... whether they are a resident or not. My guess is residents make up most of the trespassing violations.

      1 Not allowed!

    7. Back To Top    #7
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      ndwalleyes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Bismarck, ND
      Posts
      884
      NDA Points
      30,003
      NDA Level
      75
      Report Entries
      6
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,154
      Given: 564
      Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Hunter View Post
      Does it matter? Trespassing is trespassing... whether they are a resident or not. My guess is residents make up most of the trespassing violations.
      The origins these bills being written stem from past trespass incidents pissing off the land owners. If non-residents are pissing off our landowners, and we as resident hunters are going to have our hunting access limited or hindered because of the actions of hunters from out of state, well hell yes it matters to me.

      3 Not allowed!

    8. Back To Top    #8
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Rowdie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      2,129
      NDA Points
      129,347
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      28
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,964
      Given: 1,712
      Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Hunter View Post
      Does it matter? Trespassing is trespassing... whether they are a resident or not. My guess is residents make up most of the trespassing violations.
      I know a guy who thought he had permission, and got busted. His partner had talked to the son, and he said yeah anytime. The mom didn't know the vehicle and called them in. Long story short he lost his hunting for a year. I think the penalties for 1st offense is harsh enough, but they need to get progressively stronger.

      0 Not allowed!

    9. Back To Top    #9
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      SDMF's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      3,454
      NDA Points
      34,882
      NDA Level
      81
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,351
      Given: 186
      Classifieds
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by Walleye_Chaser View Post
      https://www.inforum.com/sports/24831...ish-violations

      hunting on posted land without permission (54);
      I see a GIANT problem with that number. That problem being, about 100x that number of people received a butt-chewing for trespass but weren't actually ticketed for it.

      It's a big game for a growing number of folks. Hunt wherever you want, if you get your butt-chewed it's no big deal, in fact, you win.

      0 Not allowed!
      I can explain it for you, but I can’t understand it for you.

    10. Back To Top    #10
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      eyexer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      williston
      Posts
      3,994
      NDA Points
      28,826
      NDA Level
      74
      Report Entries
      1
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3,050
      Given: 2,538
      holy shit do we need a trespass law

      1 Not allowed!

    11. Back To Top    #11
      Premium Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Posts
      333
      NDA Points
      3,118
      NDA Level
      23
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 277
      Given: 0
      Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
      I see a GIANT problem with that number. That problem being, about 100x that number of people received a butt-chewing for trespass but weren't actually ticketed for it.

      It's a big game for a growing number of folks. Hunt wherever you want, if you get your butt-chewed it's no big deal, in fact, you win.
      I don’t chew butt as a landowner , I don’t call warden either . I call sheriffs office , deputy comes out and give them a ticket for criminal tresses. Easy deal . However 1 guy has been a repeat offender he’s just flat out stupid or doesn’t care

      5 Not allowed!

    12. Back To Top    #12
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       

      Join Date
      Dec 2016
      Posts
      135
      NDA Points
      5,062
      NDA Level
      30
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 100
      Given: 608
      put the names in paper and on web like the old DUI laws were. I bet no repeaters then. lol

      1 Not allowed!

    13. Back To Top    #13
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Sum1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      1,754
      NDA Points
      10,005
      NDA Level
      43
      Report Entries
      2
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,025
      Given: 1,413
      I’m starting to think the G&F are just as commie as all the other politicians in ND. Went down to the McLean bottoms where I used to shoot carp in high school to take my 11yo son down there with the carp bow he just bought with his own money to find all to roads closed off and grown over with signs up. Pretty soon they’ll have it closed off where the pavement ends. I can see restricting the access a little but I swear every time I go down there they are blocking a different road.

      - - - Updated - - -

      I’m not sure what my post had to do with trespassing... Lol

      0 Not allowed!

    14. Back To Top    #14
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Ericb's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      1,494
      NDA Points
      44,153
      NDA Level
      92
      Report Entries
      9
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,369
      Given: 571
      Classifieds
      1
      Maybe the game and fish should take down all the no littering signs around the lakes and just make it illegal to litter anywhere...

      14 Not allowed!

    15. Back To Top    #15
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      SDMF's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      3,454
      NDA Points
      34,882
      NDA Level
      81
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4,351
      Given: 186
      Classifieds
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by 8andcounting View Post
      I don’t chew butt as a landowner , I don’t call warden either . I call sheriffs office , deputy comes out and give them a ticket for criminal tresses. Easy deal . However 1 guy has been a repeat offender he’s just flat out stupid or doesn’t care
      That's the route I believe I'd take if I owned land. Surprising how fast word gets around, "Don't go there even by accident, he'll have the Sheriff ticket you."

      3 Not allowed!
      I can explain it for you, but I can’t understand it for you.

    16. Back To Top    #16
      Ultimate VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Sum1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Bismarck
      Posts
      1,754
      NDA Points
      10,005
      NDA Level
      43
      Report Entries
      2
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2,025
      Given: 1,413
      Quote Originally Posted by Ericb View Post
      Maybe the game and fish should take down all the no littering signs around the lakes and just make it illegal to litter anywhere...
      They didn’t seem to mind the NODAPL protesters littering

      10 Not allowed!

    17. Back To Top    #17
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Coyote Hunter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      181
      NDA Points
      4,609
      NDA Level
      28
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 199
      Given: 352
      Quote Originally Posted by ndwalleyes View Post
      The origins these bills being written stem from past trespass incidents pissing off the land owners. If non-residents are pissing off our landowners, and we as resident hunters are going to have our hunting access limited or hindered because of the actions of hunters from out of state, well hell yes it matters to me.
      So, what the hell are you going to do if it is higher for non-residents... trespassing is trespassing. Are you proposing tougher penalties on non-residents? I am curious what your argument is? Maybe you think a "no trespass law" where all land is posted for non-residents whether there is a poster or not... and the landowners need to post their land to keep out residents. Your argument and anger seems silly.

      What do you propose we do if it is residents doing the majority of the 55 trespassing violations?

      I was and am 100% against the "trespass bills". I probably contacted our senators and representatives more than 99.5% of the people on here... but your justification that it matters more if it is non-residents trespassing confuses me. Please explain.

      0 Not allowed!

    18. Back To Top    #18
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      sweeney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      mandan
      Posts
      1,125
      NDA Points
      129,073
      NDA Level
      100
      Report Entries
      27
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,663
      Given: 1,470
      Classifieds
      1
      so or conversation purposes there were 55150 deer tags given lets say all 54 trespassers were deer hunters, .0009 less than .01% trespassed, seems like one hell of an epidemic

      5 Not allowed!
      you can trust them with your woman just not your waypoints

    19. Back To Top    #19
      Gold Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Coyote Hunter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      181
      NDA Points
      4,609
      NDA Level
      28
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 199
      Given: 352
      Quote Originally Posted by sweeney View Post
      so or conversation purposes there were 55150 deer tags given lets say all 54 trespassers were deer hunters, .0009 less than .01% trespassed, seems like one hell of an epidemic

      Exactly. That was my point to our representatives and senators. According to the amount of violations written, it doesn't seem to be too big of a problem.

      0 Not allowed!

    20. Back To Top    #20
      VIP Member
      No Current Status
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      ndwalleyes's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Location
      Bismarck, ND
      Posts
      884
      NDA Points
      30,003
      NDA Level
      75
      Report Entries
      6
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1,154
      Given: 564
      Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Hunter View Post
      So, what the hell are you going to do if it is higher for non-residents... trespassing is trespassing. Are you proposing tougher penalties on non-residents? I am curious what your argument is? Maybe you think a "no trespass law" where all land is posted for non-residents whether there is a poster or not... and the landowners need to post their land to keep out residents. Your argument and anger seems silly.

      What do you propose we do if it is residents doing the majority of the 55 trespassing violations?

      I was and am 100% against the "trespass bills". I probably contacted our senators and representatives more than 99.5% of the people on here... but your justification that it matters more if it is non-residents trespassing confuses me. Please explain.
      Not angry at all. I too am against the trespass bills. I think law or no law that if there is a significant percentage, say 55-75%, of non-resident citations for trespassing then you put a law into effect that makes it one and done for non-residents. You get caught trespassing you banned for 10 years or something similar.

      I could be wrong thinking that many are non-residents. Would just like to see the numbers and if non-resident trespassing is an issue it should be looked at. I don't want residents being punished for the deeds of others.

      0 Not allowed!

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  


    About Nodak Angler

      NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

    Business & Contact

    Follow us on

    Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube