G&F Violations

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so or conversation purposes there were 55150 deer tags given lets say all 54 trespassers were deer hunters, .0009 less than .01% trespassed, seems like one hell of an epidemic ;:;banghead
A guy has more of a chance of getting a creepy Biden hug, and hair sniff, then ever having a trespasser on your land

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not angry at all. I too am against the trespass bills. I think law or no law that if there is a significant percentage, say 55-75%, of non-resident citations for trespassing then you put a law into effect that makes it one and done for non-residents. You get caught trespassing you banned for 10 years or something similar.

I could be wrong thinking that many are non-residents. Would just like to see the numbers and if non-resident trespassing is an issue it should be looked at. I don't want residents being punished for the deeds of others.

I'd bet a six pack the majority of trespassers are residents.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can trespass on some of the land some of the time but not all of the land all the time. I would bet that most of the trespasser are local ass holes that kind of know the land-owner schedual and then it changes and they get caught. Then there is the ones that just dont give a dammed. Fines need to hit big to the pocket book to make a difference, all the rest is just a wrist slap. My 2 cents.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the route I believe I'd take if I owned land. Surprising how fast word gets around, "Don't go there even by accident, he'll have the Sheriff ticket you."

I generally agree with this approach, but does it allow for mistakes? Or if you call is prosecution out of your hands? One thing I dislike about posting signs is how they are so easily destroyed by never-do-wells and leave a bear trap for the unsuspecting.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
how many are roadies? Via SD law how many would of violated?

My experience with hunting on private land

a. My dog passed over onto private land and had 5 shots fired at her from what seemed to be a .223 or similiar --- at somewhat close range Luckily she has a Wot of a little over 40mph and she hit the bush as soon as the lead was flying - dust at her heals i shit you not -- she was smart otherwise she would of been dead.

b. we all have had the bitch sessions from the land owner. Most never have intent.

c. my memorable ones are when i had permission and i get bothered by a neighbor who says its his land and then i lose faith in my map or my directions and then i go back to the owner and he says hell no - calls the neighbor who says i am just looking out for you -- or the neighbor's buddies go into land they dont have permission to hunt on and you do.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd bet a six pack the majority of trespassers are residents.

I was thinking the other way, but see your point. My thought was non-resident is on last day of trip, and not happy with success, so rules go out the window. Maybe I am jaded from interacting with too many out of state oil field people that don't give a @#$@ about anything but themselves (could be more a youth thing than origin or work place)

v193

Founding Member
Founding Member
These people would trespass anyway. A trespass law would cause more confusion and more people would trespass with the excuse they must be on the wrong land and got confused. Let it go!!

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Not angry at all. I too am against the trespass bills. I think law or no law that if there is a significant percentage, say 55-75%, of non-resident citations for trespassing then you put a law into effect that makes it one and done for non-residents. You get caught trespassing you banned for 10 years or something similar.

I could be wrong thinking that many are non-residents. Would just like to see the numbers and if non-resident trespassing is an issue it should be looked at. I don't want residents being punished for the deeds of others.

My experience has shown me the majority of trespassing incidents are from residents. The “locals” who always hunted it when “Bob” owned the land or that thought they had permission because they said hi one time in the local Napa store. Non-residents by and large are extremely appreciative of the opportunity to hunt and don’t want to ruin a good thing.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My experience has shown me the majority of trespassing incidents are from residents. The “locals” who always hunted it when “Bob” owned the land or that thought they had permission because they said hi one time in the local Napa store. Non-residents by and large are extremely appreciative of the opportunity to hunt and don’t want to ruin a good thing.
Ok my experience is quite different seen numerous times blatant violations, just for instance had to stop one time going down the road because it was blocked a van and a pickup both with Mn. Plates with all doors open and about six hunters and about that many dogs in the ditch all out in a small , and I mean small draw hunting with a posted sign that they just walked right on by, another time we hunted a guys place they we had permission on for numerous years, and then he came out and chewed our ass because our buddies from Sconi land had cleaned a bunch of birds in his approach, and left a bunch of other garbage in the ditch, turns out he had caught them hunting but said they were with us, not true they had basically bird dogged us all day, getting our spots. I could go on and on, out of staters have caused way more problems for me and my friends and family, I really don't believe at this point that I find any of them worth a shit anymore

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m starting to think the G&F are just as commie as all the other politicians in ND. Went down to the McLean bottoms where I used to shoot carp in high school to take my 11yo son down there with the carp bow he just bought with his own money to find all to roads closed off and grown over with signs up. Pretty soon they’ll have it closed off where the pavement ends. I can see restricting the access a little but I swear every time I go down there they are blocking a different road.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not sure what my post had to do with trespassing... Lol
Are you talking the road back into the lost lake area because that's the only one that got shut and it's not even full time and that was years ago that they put that gate up. If your talking the main road they always close it when it's flooded.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
the way the Governor handled the NODAPL still pisses me off

You would have loved it when trying to run errands downtown, and businesses (my bank for instance) had their doors locked, so that protesters couldn't get in. That made me feel neat. I totally understand however, why they locked their doors.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
some buses (and national guard to load them with trespassers and litterers) would have been headed south really early on had I been calling the shots

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does this fine seem appropriate, would love to see enforcement like this here. I have seen way too many embers rolling across the highway.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/25...aREFbRvLI2q5bFiTflodWFU#.XP3T4WY-WSY.facebook

Well, when an errant burning butt can cause millions of dollars in damages, dislaced homeowners, and death...seems like a slap on the wrist ;)

But I agree, better than what they'd muster up in Nodak. No wonder everyone speeds. $20 for going 15 over? Ha, can you make change for a $50, Mr. Officer?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67