G&F Violations

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.inforum.com/sports/2483...e-of-the-most-common-game-and-fish-violations

[FONT=&quot]General (263): loaded firearm in vehicle (60); hunting on posted land without permission (54); and littering (42).[/FONT]

With the talk and recent trespassing bills we've seen...this really pisses me off. 54 people were cited for hunting on post land without permission. I'm guessing that's a small number compared to those that were never caught. You are ruining it for everyone and you're a God Damn asshole. That is all. Have a great day! ;:;banghead#$%^&>

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. But again, the argument we've had all along is this: By creating the law that was proposed -- basically making the entire state posted as default -- what would stop those 54 from trespassing in the first place?

They already were charged with hunting on posted property.

The property was posted. And they still hunted. Without permission.

Will the law make it super-posted so that they definitely think twice before trespassing to hunt again?

Sorry...that was a tangent. But it bears repeating for the lurkers out there.

Laws or no laws, people suck. And more laws won't make those people suck any less.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Throw those guys in jail and revoke hunting privileges in all the wildlife compact states and I bet it will set example to others, as well as the offenders to think twice before entering private property.

Everything else is just a lightly veiled threat. Action speak louder than words. A E-database won't do jack shit for landowners, or sportsman.

Carry on.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. The law is the law. Without teeth in the penalties/fines, the law often is, and will continue to be, ignored.

Jail those 54 guys for 30 days each. I know, I know. But it costs so much. Take their vehicle, sell it at an auction, and use THAT to help pay for their bread and water.

We spend so much money on stupid crap every minute of every day, why not "housing" these Grade-A A-holes?

For the people who usually just roll the dice, and figure they'll never get caught, maybe the confiscation of their vehicle, and 30 days in jail might make them decide it's not worth it.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to see this broken down further by resident violations and non-resident violations. 20%/80%?

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to see this broken down further by resident violations and non-resident violations. 20%/80%?

Does it matter? Trespassing is trespassing... whether they are a resident or not. My guess is residents make up most of the trespassing violations.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does it matter? Trespassing is trespassing... whether they are a resident or not. My guess is residents make up most of the trespassing violations.

The origins these bills being written stem from past trespass incidents pissing off the land owners. If non-residents are pissing off our landowners, and we as resident hunters are going to have our hunting access limited or hindered because of the actions of hunters from out of state, well hell yes it matters to me.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

I know a guy who thought he had permission, and got busted. His partner had talked to the son, and he said yeah anytime. The mom didn't know the vehicle and called them in. Long story short he lost his hunting for a year. I think the penalties for 1st offense is harsh enough, but they need to get progressively stronger.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see a GIANT problem with that number. That problem being, about 100x that number of people received a butt-chewing for trespass but weren't actually ticketed for it.

It's a big game for a growing number of folks. Hunt wherever you want, if you get your butt-chewed it's no big deal, in fact, you win.

I don’t chew butt as a landowner , I don’t call warden either . I call sheriffs office , deputy comes out and give them a ticket for criminal tresses. Easy deal . However 1 guy has been a repeat offender he’s just flat out stupid or doesn’t care

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
put the names in paper and on web like the old DUI laws were. I bet no repeaters then. lol

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m starting to think the G&F are just as commie as all the other politicians in ND. Went down to the McLean bottoms where I used to shoot carp in high school to take my 11yo son down there with the carp bow he just bought with his own money to find all to roads closed off and grown over with signs up. Pretty soon they’ll have it closed off where the pavement ends. I can see restricting the access a little but I swear every time I go down there they are blocking a different road.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not sure what my post had to do with trespassing... Lol

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the game and fish should take down all the no littering signs around the lakes and just make it illegal to litter anywhere...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t chew butt as a landowner , I don’t call warden either . I call sheriffs office , deputy comes out and give them a ticket for criminal tresses. Easy deal . However 1 guy has been a repeat offender he’s just flat out stupid or doesn’t care

That's the route I believe I'd take if I owned land. Surprising how fast word gets around, "Don't go there even by accident, he'll have the Sheriff ticket you."

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the game and fish should take down all the no littering signs around the lakes and just make it illegal to litter anywhere...
They didn’t seem to mind the NODAPL protesters littering

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The origins these bills being written stem from past trespass incidents pissing off the land owners. If non-residents are pissing off our landowners, and we as resident hunters are going to have our hunting access limited or hindered because of the actions of hunters from out of state, well hell yes it matters to me.

So, what the hell are you going to do if it is higher for non-residents... trespassing is trespassing. Are you proposing tougher penalties on non-residents? I am curious what your argument is? Maybe you think a "no trespass law" where all land is posted for non-residents whether there is a poster or not... and the landowners need to post their land to keep out residents. Your argument and anger seems silly.

What do you propose we do if it is residents doing the majority of the 55 trespassing violations?

I was and am 100% against the "trespass bills". I probably contacted our senators and representatives more than 99.5% of the people on here... but your justification that it matters more if it is non-residents trespassing confuses me. Please explain.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
so or conversation purposes there were 55150 deer tags given lets say all 54 trespassers were deer hunters, .0009 less than .01% trespassed, seems like one hell of an epidemic ;:;banghead

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
so or conversation purposes there were 55150 deer tags given lets say all 54 trespassers were deer hunters, .0009 less than .01% trespassed, seems like one hell of an epidemic ;:;banghead

Exactly. That was my point to our representatives and senators. According to the amount of violations written, it doesn't seem to be too big of a problem.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, what the hell are you going to do if it is higher for non-residents... trespassing is trespassing. Are you proposing tougher penalties on non-residents? I am curious what your argument is? Maybe you think a "no trespass law" where all land is posted for non-residents whether there is a poster or not... and the landowners need to post their land to keep out residents. Your argument and anger seems silly.

What do you propose we do if it is residents doing the majority of the 55 trespassing violations?

I was and am 100% against the "trespass bills". I probably contacted our senators and representatives more than 99.5% of the people on here... but your justification that it matters more if it is non-residents trespassing confuses me. Please explain.

Not angry at all. I too am against the trespass bills. I think law or no law that if there is a significant percentage, say 55-75%, of non-resident citations for trespassing then you put a law into effect that makes it one and done for non-residents. You get caught trespassing you banned for 10 years or something similar.

I could be wrong thinking that many are non-residents. Would just like to see the numbers and if non-resident trespassing is an issue it should be looked at. I don't want residents being punished for the deeds of others.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75