Spoons, again...

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hah, much closer to Bismarck than Canada. But I have to keep the GPS coordinates a bit on the down low as I got the Goose Lake treatment from a couple fellow anglers.

Surprised some of us "boat" anglers didn't spot lock off shore from where your kids were catching and start pitching into your area! Although without spoons they wouldn't have caught anything anyway...

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont you live like an hour-20 . from one of the midwests best walleye fisheries??? get that boat on the hitch!

Even worse, my parents bought a cabin up there this spring. Not on that specific lake, but close. Still haven't been on there. Too busy trying to figure out the new lake.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a bag of spoons in my pickup right now. Allen, if you're taking your kids again, you are more than welcome to the bag of spoons.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a bag of spoons in my pickup right now. Allen, if you're taking your kids again, you are more than welcome to the bag of spoons.

Hah hah hah, thanks but I'm still working my way through a bulk Cabelas Crap Cave purchase from 15+ years ago!

And yep, while the son is off to the State Trap Tournament this weekend, the daughter is having a sleep over. So tomorrow may be another trip to that same shoreline with a couple of young girls intending on showing us adults how it's done! I wonder if she'll let me have my baitcaster back?

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
That is awesome! Spoons are an underated lure. I use them quite a bit, catch a lot of smallmouth, walleye, northern, and white bass on them. And no need to feel bad about size of fish kept, those will make some fine meals. Anyone who has a problem with that can kick rocks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74