4th of July on the Big Lake

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
How busy would Parshal Bay be July 4th weekend? Wife wants to go camping/fishing that weekend but have a feeling it could be pretty full there.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any place on the lake will be a zoo that holiday. I usually get on the water at 5 am and be in by 10 or 11 before all of the ANS get on the water. A good time is to take a cooler of beer and sit by the ramp and watch the shit show from people that only go out once a year and try to load and unload pontoons and boats. It’s a miracle nobody gets stabbed there with all the yelling and bickering.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any place on the lake will be a zoo that holiday. I usually get on the water at 5 am and be in by 10 or 11 before all of the ANS get on the water. A good time is to take a cooler of beer and sit by the ramp and watch the shit show from people that only go out once a year and try to load and unload pontoons and boats. It’s a miracle nobody gets stabbed there with all the yelling and bickering.
I will have the cooler ready

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member

Bring the cooler to Fort Stevenson State Park if you want good comedy. 3pm gets really good when some people are coming off the water, and the recreational boaters are getting on the water. Comedic gold if you don't have a temper.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just like Skeeter said above...July 4th weekend is the busiest of the year at most ramps. I try to get to the ramp by 6...done by noon. Launching a fishing boat by 6am is typically reserved for "sober serious fisher people"!

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
You couldn't pay me enough $$ to be anywhere near the Parshall or Van Hook ramps over the 4th. Hell on weekday evenings right now there are 75+ trucks and trailers at each one.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats why I'm never to giddy about going fishing during a big holiday like that, if I can find place to shore fishing depending on the weather, I"m ok with it. Have usually just head for Blacktail, know people that have cabin, so I fish off the dock for bluegills and whatever bites, drink a few beers and wait till dark for the Armageddon of fireworks to go off.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am hitting it july 1 and will be back at DL relaxing for the big 4day week.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys I think I have enough ammo to convince the wife that we are not going weekend of the 4th lol

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How busy would Parshal Bay be July 4th weekend? Wife wants to go camping/fishing that weekend but have a feeling it could be pretty full there.
It’s not too bad but finding a spot will be tough unless you keep the spot all week. Boat ramps are already crazy so can’t get much worse.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks guys I think I have enough ammo to convince the wife that we are not going weekend of the 4th lol

Good lord. Don’t let the crab ass fuddy duddies on here keep you from enjoying time outdoors over the 4th. It’s the best holiday imo. Go whack a bunch of walleyes, drink some beers, eat like a king and watch fireworks. Just be more patient at the ramp. Let these idiots sit at home grumbling about the kids on their lawn.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good lord. Don’t let the crab ass fuddy duddies on here keep you from enjoying time outdoors over the 4th. It’s the best holiday imo. Go whack a bunch of walleyes, drink some beers, eat like a king and watch fireworks. Just be more patient at the ramp. Let these idiots sit at home grumbling about the kids on their lawn.
Easy there sparky!! Settle down. Nobody told him not to enjoy the 4th, just giving a true and accurate description of what it will be like. And by the way, get the f#*k off my lawn!!!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
First time in many years we won't be camping over the 4th. :mad: Never had issues at the ramp because most of the time I'm on the water by 7am and off the water no later then 11:30. That way your off the water before the pontooners and jet skiers.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like many have said every ramp will be a gong show with that being said if you have ever launched at van hook or parshall before nothing new. This is coming from a guy that is at vanhook every wknd the family is able . I honestly couldn’t tell the difference it’s that busy from mid June to mid July. Go have fun crush fish just expect some comedy at the ramp. It seriously isn’t that bad however van hooks south wind block is inches from being bye bye meaning the west ramp will be busier and add to congestion.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camping plus fishing on the 4th.... I would rather be at work. Sitting on top of a hill with no one around looking at deer is my 4th

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Camping plus fishing on the 4th.... I would rather be at work. Sitting on top of a hill with no one around looking at deer is my 4th

Got your flat brim HUSH hat ordered yet?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55